Purdue refs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue refs

Agreed but there was another flag on the play (offensive holding), so despite the FACT that it was not an illegal pass, we would have been in a 3rd and 25+ situation.

I thought that one was the sideline warning. But then couldn’t figure out if it was the 2nd one and a penalty.

the Purdue kid was screaming the refs had his helmet off and just going after them.. and it got bad enough multiple refs finally had enough
He was in their face screaming at them going from one to the next with his helmet off, I think they said he made contact with a ref, don't think it was intentional but with the way he was acting there was no way they weren't going to toss him

AND the Purdue side line catch was a non catch …they didn’t review either call.

Purdue gets a little credit for that because they ran up to the line so quickly. Which isn’t their game and they failed.

But usually when the team runs up to the line after a questionable call, it’s reason enough for them to push the buzzer. Glad they didn’t though.

Took awhile for takes like this to make it here. The refs handing Syracuse the game was the narrative I heard pretty much everywhere outside of ACC talking heads. Didn’t get much national respect from that win unfortunately

you can say penalties decided the game.. I cant say the refs did.. if you commit the mistakes thats on you not the refs.. did anyone complain that we had multiple procudure calls on punts that were purely the ref deciding the players helmets were a few inches to far back. we didnt actually have 5 in the backfield we had a center and 10 in the backfield..

I do think that the refs leaned our way slightly….

Especially on the plays that we had turned the ball over

I think we had 2? Maybe 3? Turnovers voided because of penalties

I don’t think it ultimately changed the outcome of the game tho but I can see why some of the narrative is what it is in the general public

I don’t think it ultimately changed the outcome of the game tho but I can see why some of the narrative is what it is in the general public
the meat tool blew it.

If I recall two ... but when you tackle a receiver the turnover should be nullified ... on Shrader's pick the linebacker literally was tackling Tucker has he went to run his route.

If you guys could hear how much the Purdue D was talking trash to all of us behind their bench. Number 10 was out of his mind. 17 out of his mind. No mystery they had the problems with the refs. Number 10 after SU scored looked at me and said “the refs just cheated. You know we shoulda won right” and I responded with “your coach is right over there. Go blame his dumb ass”. I really enjoyed myself lol

I don’t think we would’ve won if we didn’t start with the ball on the 50.

And I don’t care. We had the ‘94 Oklahoma game stolen from us because our guys showed some joy after scoring the go ahead TD….no taunting involved.

Plus Tennessee 98. Northwestern 2012(?).

I’ll take it. Purdue’s TE and coach should’ve controlled themselves, and their defense should have stopped us.

Del rio was definitely past the line of scrimmage

Ball was snapped on the 47. Here’s the still from from YouTube tv. Side judge lines up on the ball. Official who made the call is ahead of Wilson in the middle of the field. How come the side judge on the LOS doesn’t make the call, isn’t it his call? Anyhow, the call was wrong and should’ve been reviewed.

Attachments

• F277CE02-9459-4D08-9509-4FF2AFD0900F.jpeg
    F277CE02-9459-4D08-9509-4FF2AFD0900F.jpeg
    862.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 678A1FB4-99A3-40CA-A06D-A7169A7BBA4A.jpeg
    678A1FB4-99A3-40CA-A06D-A7169A7BBA4A.jpeg
    787.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Ball was snapped on the 47. Here’s the still from from YouTube tv. Side judge lines up on the ball. Official who made the call is ahead of Wilson in the middle of the field. How come the side judge on the LOS doesn’t make the call, isn’t it his call? Anyhow, the call was wrong and should’ve been reviewed.
He still has the ball and his back foot and ball are on the 47

I'd like another crack at those idiots with a full and healthy roster so we can truly kick their ass again.
You know, I came away from that game thinking, Purdue should be our football rival. This game had everything to start up an honest to goodness rivalry. Have we ever had a game like this vs BC or Pitt or FSU? I think they probably hate playing SU too. We play them next year on Sep. 16 at Ross-Ade, but I suspect we'll probably never play them again after that.

That said, O'Connell won't be there next season.

If you guys could hear how much the Purdue D was talking trash to all of us behind their bench. Number 10 was out of his mind. 17 out of his mind. No mystery they had the problems with the refs. Number 10 after SU scored looked at me and said “the refs just cheated. You know we shoulda won right” and I responded with “your coach is right over there. Go blame his dumb ass”. I really enjoyed myself lol
Hahaha that’s great, what a perfect response.

I thought cdrw was over the line of scrimmage
17 lost his mind at the end and had a meltdown
I don't remember Purdue o-line being called for a holding the entire game, impressive

There have been several games in the past where I believed SU lost the game due to poor (or biased) officiating. I bitched. Not one of those games ever got reversed.

Obviously the B1G refs were not biased toward SU. Not saying they were biased toward PU either. So all that’s left is “poor” officiating - in which case both teams had the same risk of a botched call all game. Or, the calls were correct.
Tennessee

You know, I came away from that game thinking, Purdue should be our football rival. This game had everything to start up an honest to goodness rivalry. Have we ever had a game like this vs BC or Pitt or FSU? I think they probably hate playing SU too. We play them next year on Sep. 16 at Ross-Ade, but I suspect we'll probably never play them again after that.

That said, O'Connell won't be there next season.
I completely agree with this statement, there fan base and ours are perfectly aligned for disdain and we equally have the same urgency to be excepted across the college football landscape as a peer school.

Just went back to pull the play up (thank you YoutubeTV recordings) and I believe the rule in college isn’t the same as the NFL. Pretty sure if any part of you is over the line it’s a penalty.

If not, and it’s the same as the NFL, it should have been reviewed. However it was close enough to where they likely stick with call on the field anyway

AND there was a second penalty on the offense anyway so all of this was for naught

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom