Purdue writer: "Never been in louder venue in my life." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue writer: "Never been in louder venue in my life."

If and I believe we will keep this going the nation is going to come to realize that the JMA is one of the best venues in all of college football. Thank God the administration didn't move to a new stadium on the lake or at the fairgrounds as it would have been the death of SU football. Imagine if the students couldn't walk to the game. Having this amazing facility smack dab in the middle of the campus is special.

Now JW please pay these assistants keep this staff together and just what SU can do. We are a community and school just dying to break out. Between the stadium, the facilities initiative, our NIL which I believe is going to be very strategic and one of the few eastern schools with clout SU is positioned to make a major move. Friday is going to be electric.

Su is doing that. It’s been discussed. I believe white is something like the 4th highest paid employee at SU. Don’t you remember JW opening the purse strings last year? I’m sure they’ll get raises too.

Don't the Seahawks claim to be the loudest NFL stadium and post their numbers? Would we be anymore liable than them? Provide workers with earplugs like I was required to wear in the factory and fans assume their own level of risk.
Our barn is great in fact amazing but The Seahawks stadium is the loudest place I’ve ever been period end of story

I was shocked Purdue didn’t false start more. I give their OL a ton of credit. I can only remember one false start yesterday.
We were beat up front on both sides of the ball. That was not a bad football team yesterday. That was a significantly better opponent than Louisville. Not necessarily more talented, but much better at football.

Now, their discipline was not strong … and it cost them big. If we play that game 10 X’s, I’m not sure we get the outcome we did 3 X’s.

We get that Dome really kickin, and people are in trouble.

Don't the Seahawks claim to be the loudest NFL stadium and post their numbers? Would we be anymore liable than them? Provide workers with earplugs like I was required to wear in the factory and fans assume their own level of risk.
They can claim whatever they want

They can claim whatever they want

Obviously, Tom Brady was involved...lol.

Seattle with 137db, for #2. Loudest college recorded is 133db. That's more doable.

Our barn is great in fact amazing but The Seahawks stadium is the loudest place I’ve ever been period end of story

Arrowhead on a Sunday night game for me. Against the Bills back in 2003 I think. Their fans were relentless, even after the game was decided. No empty seats and the noise never stopped.

Is there some way to measure this?

NO. The correct name for a db meter is an SPL meter. Sound Pressure Level - measured in decibels. We are measuring sound PRESSURE. Cant go back and create it, AFAIK.

Because its a sensitive pressure tool? Best to use a real one.($20). An APP can guess up to 100db. Cant handle more. A real one- that you brought for your hearing safety- will go to 130db. Gets spendy for one that'll go 140db.

Here is SU vs. Texas, (not 1993 but 1992). I'm not sure which specific play you are referring to:

The Dome is the loudest I’ve been to, I’ve been to ND , PSU , Some other NFL stadiums. Never been to Seattle Or Kansas City so I can’t comment but the Miami games in the 90s were louder then anything I have heard and it’s not that close.

I have been to games at Oregon and they play up the fact that some publication or pundit said they were the loudest stadium in the country.

To their credit, the stadium is very loud for a venue with no roof. Very loud.

But not as loud as The Dome….

and I thought it was much louder for UL for much longer periods of the game.. I think it also matters where you sit.. Surprised someone isnt doing some measureing studies , even getting some engineering dept to do it, dont they have any at SU? put some meters in 5-6 areas and see what is really happening in there. Shoot we have enough people here to do it. high/low endzone sidelines.. of course would they let us bring them in is a question..
They should make it a competition amongst different sections and see who is louder. I’m pretty sure that scoreboard could show the results too. So many possibilities too make it even louder

I have been bringing my 5 year old to games since she was 13 months old. We always bring ear muffs but she never wants/needs them.

Yesterday was our first game without masks in the renovated JMA Dome and she asked for them for the first time.

Keep in mind she has sat front row for concerts on multiple occasions and been to many other loud games (UNC 2018 etc). She has NEVER been willing to put the ear phones on. I figure, if its uncomfortable, she is probably ok (I am going to hell I know), so I let her decide. Yesterday she decided. Can’t wait to see that place with 45k+

SU should just continue to call it, and advertise it, as The Loud House and leave it at that. No documentation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom