Put the darlings, Mich St., and their resume up against ours | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Put the darlings, Mich St., and their resume up against ours

We can complain about the NET's flaws, but I do think there is merit to including margin of victory or defeat. I think the problem is not capping that margin at a reasonable value like 10 points.
Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily wrong to factor in margin of victory/defeat, but I wouldn't if I had the say. Just win the damn game. Having to root for your team to crush another team versus just winning is kinda dumb to me. We've had a couple of wins, that were solid, and many people on this board came away disappointed because we let an opportunity go by where we should have had a 20+ point win. I understand why people were disappointed (because it could have helped our NET, but that just seems crazy).

Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily wrong to factor in margin of victory/defeat, but I wouldn't if I had the say. Just win the damn game. Having to root for your team to crush another team versus just winning is kinda dumb to me. We've had a couple of wins, that were solid, and many people on this board came away disappointed because we let an opportunity go by where we should have had a 20+ point win. I understand why people were disappointed (because it could have helped our NET, but that just seems crazy).
Yeah, it stinks. But we went up 1 place in the NET after beating ND... It would have been 10 or more if we'd maintained our first half lead.

The NET isn't very good, but we haven't been good enough to notice until this year.

So, the whole situation stinks, but we'll have to adapt or get left out again in the future.

Hopefully we win a few more, and the selection committee is smarter than history would indicate.

Every conference is top heavy
Agree, Big 10 football has either been won by Michigan or Ohio St in 8 of the past 10 years. The last non Michigan or Ohio St Big 10 football championship was won by Penn St (their only championship) back in 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom