Q & A Chop Shop | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Q & A Chop Shop

Jones is going to be tough with UK involve and no disrespect to GMac, but I personally wish Hop or Red was the lead man for this. It's a good test for GMac though, to see if he can pull in a big fish.

What are some of the biggest factors that influence who takes lead on a certain recruit? Regional/connections considerations or what else?

Battle, Heron, Alkins, Yakwe, Murrray, Miller are some of the notables early on.

Also I forgot to mention in the beginning to lookout for lots of talent in future coming out of Philly and the New England area. Both places are spots where Hop has a stronghold in and obviously we know Red will have NY, NJ, and the DMV on lock.

Its awesome to see how we are set up for recruiting the north east in the best east coast conference going forward. Damn thats hot and we are on the upswing!

What is the biggest knock on SU that opposing recruiters use against us?

What is the biggest selling point that we use to get recruits?
Negative-JB's age, the recent drama over the years, lack of NBA success outside of Melo. I really want us to improve the NBA numbers over the next few years and get to about 10 guys from SU on a NBA roster.

Positive-HOF coach, the Dome/Melo Center, ACC, Melo's instant success at SU, recent lottery picks over the past few years, and now the recent final four appearance.

Its weird that I feel like we are swetting it out woth CM in the fold and KJ close to a sure thing but if not him another major get.

SO my question is how much of an uptick is our recruiting on and will it level out were it is or will we be the NE selector school in 3 years?

And most importantly can we keep it up post JAB?

What are some of the biggest factors that influence who takes lead on a certain recruit? Regional/connections considerations or what else?
As you mentioned the main thing is connections and relationships. It's a must to have good relationships with HS and AAU guys. GMac is in on D. Jones because the weekend that he blew up back in April, he was the only one to watch every game of his and have the best feel for him. It would be weird for him to have done all of that then have Hop or Red come through and say ok buddy go fishing and we'll take it from here lol. So basically it's on GMac now to prove his worth and see if he can nail this one for us. Jones dad is a big personality to deal with as well and I hope he's ready for the task.

Alright whoever is Francis's secretary they are dropping the ball big time! My secretary can handle my ass my boss and manage about 200 personal text's a day. Francis this secretary is slowing you down while she should be freeing you up for golf, reminding you to buy flowers for your wife and lunch for her because she keeps you moving along.

Its awesome to see how we are set up for recruiting the north east in the best east coast conference going forward. Damn thats hot and we are on the upswing!
Also I'll add that whenever Hop takes over that we'll recruit more nationally. Everything is mainly east coast because I personally believe that JB just can't deal with all of the flying at his age to chase down southern and west coast kids that he doesn't think he has a realistic chance at. With Hop, Red, Mac, and possibly Harried(who I really hope Hop brings along), we'll have no issues grinding out for kids around the country.

Two more questions:

Are kids impressed with JB being a coach on the Olympic team?

Is Dion a guy that kids coming up follow and like?

Also I'll add that whenever Hop takes over that we'll recruit more nationally. Everything is mainly east coast because I personally believe that JB just can't deal with all of the flying at his age to chase down southern and west coast kids that he doesn't think he has a realistic chance at. With Hop, Red, Mac, and possibly Harried(who I really hope Hop brings along), we'll have no issues grinding out for kids around the country.

Harried would be awesome we need a big man coach as the staff is really all guards right now.

Its weird that I feel like we are swetting it out woth CM in the fold and KJ close to a sure thing but if not him another major get.

SO my question is how much of an uptick is our recruiting on and will it level out were it is or will we be the NE selector school in 3 years?

And most importantly can we keep it up post JAB?
Continued success and the ACC move will always keep us in the mix for high-quality recruits to contend for a chip on a yearly basis.

Goodman ranking Hop as the #2 assistant recruiter should tell you all you need to know how recruiting will be once JAB steps down. Like I said above, I would love to see Harried join the staff, but I would also call Book Richardson from Zona(who is from the Bronx) as well and see if he's interested in returning to the east coast. Book is a great recruiter and is responsible for stealing Briscoe from us. That's if we don't steal him back;) and no I'm not implying that Zeke Briscoe is leaning our way again lol.

It's awesome that we have the best recruiting expert in the ACC on our forum.
What about Jerry and his flip flopping crystal balls?
kobelaughinghard.png

Two more questions:

Are kids impressed with JB being a coach on the Olympic team?

Is Dion a guy that kids coming up follow and like?
The Olympic thing is also a good sell but nothing major imo.

Dion has a lot of fans but his NBA success will determine how big of a following he'll have. So far so good. Kids talked about Flynn and Wes a lot when they were at SU and unfortunately with how their career's have played out in the NBA, you won't catch too many shouting them out these days. I think Wes can get things back on track with the Lakers. Flynn's situation kind of hurts me personally, because he's really a good kid who I think could have been no worse than a Ty Lawson type of player in the pros if not for the hip injury. Hopefully he finds his way back within the next few years as a backup at least.

Between Tom "frank ocean" Crean and Jerry "crystal ball" meyer we got our own Tom and Jerry show.

And Tom has to check with Jerryto see where he stands, LOL

"Jerry, Its Tom. I've been thinking about rubbing up on you. Where do I stand (I mean kneel with goodluck? He's such s big boy! Woo hoo."

What's the biggest hurdle between us and Whitehead?

What's the biggest hurdle between us and Whitehead?
Telling him what he wants to hear. Being patient while he inquires interest to every high-major and gets back lukewarm responses from schools that thinks he's a lock here. Basically it all comes down to just keeping it real with him. JB is the best at keeping it real with these kids. If Whitehead is down with it then cool, but if not then it's whatever and we'll be fine. I think he just wants to have his ego stroked and have a huge build up for his recruitment.

Do you think the staff will ever boycott recruiting Lincoln Bball players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom