Q&A with ESPN lacrosse analyst Paul Carcaterra (BaltSun) | Syracusefan.com

Q&A with ESPN lacrosse analyst Paul Carcaterra (BaltSun)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
You watched Syracuse dispose of Virginia. What stood out to you about the Orange?

Lacrosse IQ on the offensive side of things. When they’re winning faceoffs – and [sophomore and Holy Cross transfer] Ben Williams was 15-of-19 that afternoon – and you give a really smart offensive team that many opportunities, it’s going to be super difficult to beat them. They were so efficient in the past when they weren’t winning faceoffs, and they could play with anyone. You could argue that they were one of the better teams in the country a year ago, and when they got to the playoffs, they were the top seed. If you look at what they’ve done in the past without winning faceoffs and how difficult they were to defend the ball that many times and how efficient they were with guys like [senior attackman] Kevin Rice and [redshirt junior attackman] Dylan Donahue and [senior attackman Randy] Staats and a senior midfield, they’re a really smart lacrosse team. I think their IQ is super strong. And defensively, they’re good, too. They have a shutdown guy in [redshirt junior] Brandon Mullins, who can erase a team’s top option. They’re so balanced. This Syracuse team is as balanced as a team that I’ve seen since 2000. I’m not saying it’s their best team, but I just think that from a balance standpoint, the 2000 national title team really had it covered from end to end, and I think this Syracuse team does, too.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...st-paul-carcaterra-20150302-story.html#page=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom