Class of 2014 - Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was not critical

i was responding to money who said ebo was offended by cuse fans
[/quote]
I know - that was my response that you responded to me on, defending yourself, which was me

If Ebo handled his recruitment with a shred of the class that Gus Edwards handled his then his fragile ego would have had nothing to worry about. As a rule I try not to speak bad of recruits but he acted like a complete ass throughout the process. The kid commits to UCONN then later in the process spoke of that program as if it was beneath him. He committed or attempted to commit to 4 different schools throughout the process. If your whole recruiting cycle centers on the "commit then trade up" game you're going to get a lot of flack for it. He's the prototypical "I do and say dumb things but my fragile ego can't handle the criticism from doing and saying dumb things" person.

Thats crazy how you can talk about a 16 year old kid you don't know or have anything to do with. Are you that upset he didn't choose SU? What do you really know about Ebo? except for what you read in these crappy articles from mid level writers. Do you understand that these schools play games with these kids more than anything? Do you know Ebo wanted to commit to a couple different schools early in the process and they told him to wait because they like others at his position better? Im as frustrated he didnt come to Cuse just as much as anybody. But he never wanted to come to Cuse. I knew that from the start. He wanted to get far away from the negative culture of his city to a down south school with good weather, good conference, with good football. He told me this right after he committed to UConn. He didnt expect to get better opportunities than Uconn. His chances of that increased once he blew up and started getting these southern school offers. Any 16 year old kid would get a little egotistic with all the offers that they can pick and choose from. You don't choose a school just because a friend of yours is going there.

Thats crazy how you can talk about a 16 year old kid you don't know or have anything to do with. Are you that upset he didn't choose SU? What do you really know about Ebo? except for what you read in these crappy articles from mid level writers. Do you understand that these schools play games with these kids more than anything? Do you know Ebo wanted to commit to a couple different schools early in the process and they told him to wait because they like others at his position better? Im as frustrated he didnt come to Cuse just as much as anybody. But he never wanted to come to Cuse. I knew that from the start. He wanted to get far away from the negative culture of his city to a down south school with good weather, good conference, with good football. He told me this right after he committed to UConn. He didnt expect to get better opportunities than Uconn. His chances of that increased once he blew up and started getting these southern school offers. Any 16 year old kid would get a little egotistic with all the offers that they can pick and choose from. You don't choose a school just because a friend of yours is going there.

I love how my opinion of how he handled himself throughout the process is immediately thrown out as "you're mad he didn't choose SU". I don't think I even mentioned his interaction with SU did I? Did Gus Edwards choose SU?
I praised him and he didn't choose SU so please.

What I know are words that came directly from his mouth. Gus Edwards, Ishaq, Wayne Morgan, they were all city kids as well, all "16 year old kids", and I never heard them talk about a school that offered them, let alone one they were committed to, the way Ebo did about UCONN later in the process. I don't care if you're 16 or 60, if you act like an ass it's perfectly fair for people to acknowledge that you've acted like an ass. If you can't handle the criticism that comes with that, tough. He was a respectable, humble kid early in the process and a complete ass by the end of it, and he deserves whatever criticism he gets. Hopefully he learns from it.

all
I love how my opinion of how he handled himself throughout the process is immediately thrown out as "you're mad he didn't choose SU". I don't think I even mentioned his interaction with SU did I? Did Gus Edwards choose SU?
I praised him and he didn't choose SU so please.

What I know are words that came directly from his mouth. Gus Edwards, Ishaq, Wayne Morgan, they were all city kids as well, all "16 year old kids", and I never heard them talk about a school that offered them, let alone one they were committed to, the way Ebo did about UCONN later in the process. I don't care if you're 16 or 60, if you act like an ass it's perfectly fair for people to acknowledge that you've acted like an ass. If you can't handle the criticism that comes with that, tough. He was a respectable, humble kid early in the process and a complete ass by the end of it, and he deserves whatever criticism he gets. Hopefully he learns from it.

My point is just because a kid talks a certain way in a interview doesnt determined if he is a bad kid or not. You don't know what his experience was with UConn. They could have said things about him that was uncalled for. Which made him reacted that way. I know for a fact Uconn was not happy he de commited and yes, uconn did pressure him in a way that he didnt like. We all seem to have opinions about a kid based on a interview where most of these kids dont answer honestly anyways. I met recruits and person and had a totally different feeling about them then I did after reading a article.. I coached W Morgan at 7on7 event. I know things about him that would make you feel the same way you feel about Ebo. But just because Wayne didnt mentioned it in a interview you think he's better?

all

My point is just because a kid talks a certain way in a interview doesnt determined if he is a bad kid or not. You don't know what his experience was with UConn. They could have said things about him that was uncalled for. Which made him reacted that way. I know for a fact Uconn was not happy he de commited and yes, uconn did pressure him in a way that he didnt like. We all seem to have opinions about a kid based on a interview where most of these kids dont answer honestly anyways. I met recruits and person and had a totally different feeling about them then I did after reading a article.. I coached W Morgan at 7on7 event. I know things about him that would make you feel the same way you feel about Ebo. But just because Wayne didnt mentioned it in a interview you think he's better?

This isn't about whether each of them are nice people behind closed doors or off camera, it's about how they represented themselves to the public. For 99% of us, that's what we have access to.

This isn't about whether each of them are nice people behind closed doors or off camera, it's about how they represented themselves to the public. For 99% of us, that's what we have access to.
Yeah, I understand that. And you are right about that but When you make comments about kids who are going to mis handle situations (We all did at that age), others tend to have perceptions about you. It goes both ways. Uconn was nasty to him and he responded to questions that was asked about them. He didnt lie like other kids do. I respect him for being honest. Gus Edwards was lying to writers about his interest in SU. Gus decided he wasnt going to SU after the coaching change because he was lied to by the staff. I would have respect him more if he was honest from the start and said Im not going there because my relationship with the coaches are not good.

Yeah, I understand that. And you are right about that but When you make comments about kids who are going to mis handle situations (We all did at that age), others tend to have perceptions about you. It goes both ways. Uconn was nasty to him and he responded to questions that was asked about them. He didnt lie like other kids do. I respect him for being honest. Gus Edwards was lying to writers about his interest in SU. Gus decided he wasnt going to SU after the coaching change because he was lied to by the staff. I would have respect him more if he was honest from the start and said Im not going there because my relationship with the coaches are not good.
Which staff lied to him? Was it Marrone and former staff or Shaffer's group?

kind of getting off topic, but those lies ended up costing us in NYC last cycle, and now this one. It's not just a coincidence Syracuse hasn't even been uttered out of Samuel's, or Holley's mouth. that is my 1 criticism of Marrone on his exit. The way it was handled with recruits was awful.

Which staff lied to him? Was it Marrone and former staff or Shaffer's group?

I believe it was members of both staffs. After Marrone left they were led to believe Anselmo would still be there. Then Floyd Little was calling recruits. It was a long drawn out disaster that has damaged us down there.

I believe it was members of both staffs. After Marrone left they were led to believe Anselmo would still be there. Then Floyd Little was calling recruits. It was a long drawn out disaster that has damaged us down there.
So, you work around it, you get other kids to come here, you get better and you make this a place kids want to go to. Anselmo was supposedly retiring after last season anyway, Marrone or no Marrone. In my mind we were too dependent upon him as our nyc connection.

So, you work around it, you get other kids to come here, you get better and you make this a place kids want to go to. Anselmo was supposedly retiring after last season anyway, Marrone or no Marrone. In my mind we were too dependent upon him as our nyc connection.

i totally agree. could be why they had Daoust recruiting the NYC kids this cycle, and not Moore, since I know RM was on LaRay and Gus after the staff change? But, I agree get kids who want to be here, and make the ones coming up want us to recruit them, not the other way around.

kind of getting off topic, but those lies ended up costing us in NYC last cycle, and now this one. It's not just a coincidence Syracuse hasn't even been uttered out of Samuel's, or Holley's mouth. that is my 1 criticism of Marrone on his exit. The way it was handled with recruits was awful.
That's not true at all. We are still an option for Holley. Samuel wanted to get out of NY and had no desire to come here. And it wasn't because of lies.

One of two "must get RBs that I'm hoping for this season.The other is the JC kid out of Nassau. Lock. Getting them both defies all the odds but ,go for it.:cool:
Lock is not a must get RB. Not even one of the top 5 on our board.

That's not true at all. We are still an option for Holley. Samuel wanted to get out of NY and had no desire to come here. And it wasn't because of lies.
That is very good to know, thank you for the info. How are we looking with Ollison?

If Samuel wanted to get away from NY how do you explain Rutgers? I admit what I am saying it total speculation, but you can't say some recruits last year were lied too , and you also can't say something really rubbed the NYC kids the wrong way.

Mike 3h
3-star Buffalo (NY) Canisius High RB Qadree Ollison says he will camp with Syracuse on June 21st

Would be great to get a verbal from another NY player and from what I heard, Ollison is in the top 2 RB's on the Cuse board.

i totally agree. could be why they had Daoust recruiting the NYC kids this cycle, and not Moore, since I know RM was on LaRay and Gus after the staff change? But, I agree get kids who want to be here, and make the ones coming up want us to recruit them, not the other way around.
Who ever gets the job done for the Orangemen is more than OK for meBring in Ollison and I'll give him a free ride on my chair of wheels. I'll even get out of it first so he can solo around California. We have a ton of places to visit.:eek:

This kid has Orange written all over him so let's hope HCSS closes out the deal on Friday after he camps with us. Make NY State proud Qadree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom