Class of 2014 - Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he already knows the school and coaches well enough from all of his unofficial visits here. He doesn't need to come to a camp (and in his words "pay $60") to be told again what he's been told all along. In that Syracuse.com article, he says the trip was cancelled because something came up with his dad's work, not because he dislikes Syracuse. I wouldn't be surprised if we made the cut regardless of if he camped at Syracuse or not.

i think part of the process though is that kids wanna be places that excite them. IE if he was excited and strongly consider SU, he'd make the trip regardless of having to work out or whatever. He'd come to spend time with the coaches, get to know the players and the lay of the land better. The fact that he's not interested in the camp makes it seem that as he's not as interested in getting to know SU better.

Hopefull he'll put off making a decision until after we've run Penn State out of NYC (or New Jersey)

hopefully our backing off of Domer to prioritize Ollison doesn't come back to bite us. I still don't see the allure of Penn St. It's not a school that's an auto commit if offered. Maybe if your a qb, but i just don't see all the excitement to go to a school that was just embarrassed in the worst way, has a post season ban, and is down to 65 scholarships. even coming off a post season ban it is going to be hard to compete at a top 25 level, especially in their division.

hopefully our backing off of Domer to prioritize Ollison doesn't come back to bite us. I still don't see the allure of Penn St. It's not a school that's an auto commit if offered. Maybe if your a qb, but i just don't see all the excitement to go to a school that was just embarrassed in the worst way, has a post season ban, and is down to 65 scholarships. even coming off a post season ban it is going to be hard to compete at a top 25 level, especially in their division.
Backing off Domer? That's just not correct.

I don't get it at all. Even less do I understand why anyone would ever consider going to buttgers

really?? you got all that off a 5 min youtube highlight? did you watch Smith last year? Not even mentioning Morris, and McFarland who are both younger. we do not need a JC RB unless we strike out everywhere else.
You think of Lock as just a JC kid but I look at his size and speed and see a whole lot of talent especially with his vision and ability to change direction. Once he hits the seam its 6 .

You think of Lock as just a JC kid but I look at his size and speed and see a whole lot of talent especially with his vision and ability to change direction. Once he hits the seam its 6 .
Stop. Just stop. You're basing that off a 2 second video. Pretty sure the staff knows what they are doing.

I’ve seen this unfold a million times. If a kid cancels a visit he never ends up going to school there. It just doesn’t happen that way. If he were leaning towards Cuse he would visit again, he doesn’t have to pay $60 and participate in camp.

I’d be shocked now if he picks Cuse. Be interesting to watch and see if he visits anybody else again.

We haven't backed off Domer.

One thing to keep in mind, running backs are a dime a dozen. Good ones are everywhere. Early offers, late offers doesn't matter. Easiest position to recruit a quality kid. So I don't personally worry about RB - ever.

I’ve seen this unfold a million times. If a kid cancels a visit he never ends up going to school there. It just doesn’t happen that way. If he were leaning towards Cuse he would visit again, he doesn’t have to pay $60 and participate in camp.

I’d be shocked now if he picks Cuse. Be interesting to watch and see if he visits anybody else again.

We haven't backed off Domer.

One thing to keep in mind, running backs are a dime a dozen. Good ones are everywhere. Early offers, late offers doesn't matter. Easiest position to recruit a quality kid. So I don't personally worry about RB - ever.

Good post Phat, agree on Ollison, it is never a good sign when a visit is cancelled like that. His recruitment so far has kind of mirrored our overall recruiting so far this year, right there at the top with pretty much all of our top targets but struggling to close the deal and get the flood gates opened. Still very early in the process so I am not worried about this class but I would like to see us start nailing down some skill players, we need at least 2 rbs in this class.

This is not a good sign but my take regarding NY state recruits is...let them go! The Cuse is getting a better athlete in other states and our current RB group show just that...Smith/DE, PTG/OH, AAM/CO & Morris/GA. Guys like Gus A and Laray will probably not see much action at UM and IU and could end up at a good BCS school like Stony Brook.
The Cuse needs hardnosed players who want to be here and I am confident that HCSS and McD will make that happen.

Granted, it's a long history football-wise, but with very few noteworthy achievements.
It's like a really thick book with a couple of paragraphs on the first page and a few sentences on the last page and just a few punctuation marks interspersed on the other pages.

@QOllison: My top 5 schools in no specific order are;
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Wisconsin

Heck of a top five and feels more stars are headed his way. Hoping heart break doesn't creep in on this battle. Ollison would be a terrific add..

Just a heads up:

Right now, he does not have a "Commitable" offer from Penn State. So, unless PSU has a transfer or decommitment at RB before August (certainly possible), there's nothing to see there.

PSU already has 2 RB commitments in the class (Mark Allen and Nick Scott), and they can only take 15 total prospects.

It should be noted that current 3rd-string RB Bill Belton has been rumored to be a transfer prospect, since he can play this season if he transfers before August 7. If he goes, Ollison will receive a "Commitable" offer.

Wisconsin just got a verbal from a pretty good big Rb . Not sure how many they take this class .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom