Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

That's great that these kids are binding like that. Would like to get them all, Shute looks like a good lineman to. Need the big boys to.

pretty strange that Rivalz now lists AJ as an athlete? Wonder if this is a glitch or them just mad he didn't attend any of their camps? He is the perfect example to show you the crap shoot recruiting could be. One service has him listed as athlete, another doesn't even have him rated, but another has him a mid 4 star and in their top 250. go figure

it is interesting how they evaluate him. I know his dad is pretty pissed about all of this

it is interesting how they evaluate him. I know his dad is pretty pissed about all of this

AJ made some subtle comments as well. i mean the kid threw for what 37tds and 1int last season? and i'm no expert, but the ball looks to pop off his arm. he seems really accurate, and very mobile. i know he was supposed to show to one of their camps, and didn't end up making it. Farrel himself sad he would have liked the chance to evaluate him in person. i can definitely see that having something to do with it. i mean what else would they project him at? safety?

Recruiting ratings are complete BS. Half are done by guys who never played the sport and watch YouTube clips and the other half are done by guys who know even less.

pretty strange that Rivalz now lists AJ as an athlete? Wonder if this is a glitch or them just mad he didn't attend any of their camps? He is the perfect example to show you the crap shoot recruiting could be. One service has him listed as athlete, another doesn't even have him rated, but another has him a mid 4 star and in their top 250. go figure

If you go to his ESPN page and click on his position rating, it takes you to the top list of Athletes. But he's still listed on the top list of Dual Threat QBs. ESPN is even confused as to what he is.

AJ I couldn't be more happier with your verbal and commitment to aiding the Orange and your cause. You would be surprised what one, yes one, true talent can help accomplish in helping the continuation of a program forward. Spring games can look pretty empty looking given how this community hasn't caught on to the importance of them yet. Still this being said those that are there are very observant and dedicated to the progression of this building process. I think you will be amazed at the impact you and anyone you can bring with you. Enjoy your trip.
As the old call on Nats basketball stated "Good all around like Shaefer". Yeah,I'm that old.couchburn

Think the kid just wants to be around the program. Camps don't even start for two weeks. I hope he continues to wear the recruiting cap and close some of these kids.. Great ambassador for us.

Sorry guys. Only posted those tweets because I thought it was great that AJ was up visiting...bonding with the other players.

Sorry guys. Only posted those tweets because I thought it was great that AJ was up visiting...bonding with the other players.

Keep posting them for us twitterly challenged folks.

Thats all good from AJno reson to apologize.!

Thank you for all the stuff you post on this forum, CuseLegacy. I really appreciate it.

Weren't we saying we weren't supposed to do that bd of violations? Not that I've seen any school get in trouble for fans tweeting yet

Weren't we saying we weren't supposed to do that bd of violations? Not that I've seen any school get in trouble for fans tweeting yet

It's the equivalent of doing 51 mph in a 50 mph zone.

Is it a violation? Yes. Is the NCAA going to enforce it? Not likely. I'm not sure it would stand up in court if challenged anyway.

Based on the new rules the NCAA wanted to pass, I think the last thing they want to do is enforce these rules. They know they can't and that they're a joke.

at this point who cares. as much as we know it shouldn't matter it obviously leaves an impression on these kids. numerous big time recruits that we are after have made comments about it. other schools have countless fans tweeting potential recruits. at this point the rule is pretty much irrelevant.