Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

Ever notice how some posters who feel they lost a joust during a particular thread never seem to forget it?

Can I presume RMH that my response to your swipe at Jeff Stoutland - SEC recruiting over MAC recruiting - landed a bit too hard?

Face it - your swipe at Jeff and the Connecticut guys was an unnecessary cheap shot and you got punked for it. Time to move on.;)

Oh and one other thing, I think McDonald recruited in the Big Ten and ACC - and for a short time in the SEC, right?

Teaser headline on the other site says “Orange hosts QB”

I assume this means he's visited or is visiting?

That QB is AJ Long out of Lebanon, Tennessee. Dual threat – 6’2 190

Offers:
Syracuse
Arizona
UCLA

Teaser also says Syracuse has offers out to 7 quarterbacks.
At least we got one of those offers to say yes.Long'svideo is impressive with both arm and legs.ASsclose to DM as I've seen at his stage of development and coming here. His arm beats both Kinder and Hunt.Probably Ashton as well.

Nice record in PA before his Mom transfered him to TN.
Record-breaking quarterback A.J. Long, who has thrown for 6,547 yards and 73 touchdowns in just two seasons at Pius X, has left the school.
2 seasons???? Holy moly!!!!! Wow, those are some good numbers, i wonder how many pics he threw? So, now his next season will be in Tenn and it will be his senior year?

Ever notice how some posters who feel they lost a joust during a particular thread never seem to forget it?

Can I presume RMH that my response to your swipe at Jeff Stoutland - SEC recruiting over MAC recruiting - landed a bit too hard?

Face it - your swipe at Jeff and the Connecticut guys was an unnecessary cheap shot and you got punked for it. Time to move on.;)

Oh and one other thing, I think McDonald recruited in the Big Ten and ACC - and for a short time in the SEC, right?
I got punked? Really?

You spin faster than a Philadelphia Lawyer...oh wait

2 seasons???? Holy moly!!!!! Wow, those are some good numbers, i wonder how many pics he threw? So, now his next season will be in Tenn and it will be his senior year?

From what I read that was his Freshman and Sophmore years in PA. Per ths PS these are his Jr year stats from TN...

He finished last season completing 61 percent of his passes for 2,476 yards and a 37-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio. He also rushed for 669 yards and 12 touchdowns, leading his team to a TSSAA Class 2A football championship.

klwloctj:iphone

Does anyone know if he is an early enrollee? This youtube vid shows him as class of 2013. I was wondering if he lost credits when his Mom transfered him to TN.

This is AJ Long out of TN but I see there is another QB by the same name that played in PA.

* edit He did transfer from PA.

Check out the block at the :27 mark.

These are two of the earliest commitments I can ever remember. I really like the AJ Long pickup, now we're just going to have to hang on for a year.

I like the strategy - offer a bunch of very good dual threat QBs and tell them there's one spot for whomever wants it, but better not wait too long as someone else might take it.

Then once one kid jumps onboard, get them working to help recruit other skill position players.
With the garbage that kids implement during recruiting ,I think a little pressure is fine to use by the coachesOnce a kid gets an offer they know how to leverage that offer to squeeze out others or from the school they really want to attend and want an offer. from.:cool:
These are two of the earliest commitments I can ever remember. I really like the AJ Long pickup, now we're just going to have to hang on for a year.
This the period of time that good recruiting staffs keeps the commit interested and eager to come to the school in question.AJ clearly liked what he saw and heard to make that decision this early . I'm going to think its pretty solid for now.

I wish you two lawyer wannabees would carry this annoying conversation elsewhere.
agree it was an annoying conversation that I wish I had avoided - but lawyer wannabee? no need to get ugly and accuse me of ever wanting to be a lawyer

I know it's a highlight video, but really like this guy's touch on the deep passes. No offense to the incoming QBs, but I liked his video much better.

Jarrod West was a big assist for us on this one as they are friends. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Kinder took his diploma after next year and gave us another scholie at QB

You can't completely tell in this picture, but HCSS is holding AJ up by his neck and injecting him with morphine. They had just tased him after ShamWow speared him to make sure that he was "hard-nosed". He handled it with Orange Pride.

Jarrod West was a big assist for us on this one as they are friends. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Kinder took his diploma after next year and gave us another scholie at QB
Take his diploma, huh? Is that what we'll call it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Take his diploma, huh? Is that what we'll call it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
should i have added quotes? ;)

But think of it this way. If Loeb wins the job, are we going to start two 5th year seniors in a row (Loeb, possibly Kinder)? Very doubtful, doesn't allow continuity. If Hunt wins the job, then he's here for 3 years. No need for Kinder.

Unless Kinder wins the job I don't see him staying an extra year.

HCSS has a look like, "You better effin' commit or I'm gonna lock you here in the Dome until you submit. I'm Scott Hardnosed Shafer, Dammit!"

Long is on the ESPN watch list for the class of 2014, effectively their top 300 for the class. He's our biggest recruit pretty much ever at this time of year in the recruiting cycle. I don't know if Marrone's staff gets most of the credit or not here, but big big get especially at QB.

Long is on the ESPN watch list for the class of 2014, effectively their top 300 for the class. He's our biggest recruit pretty much ever at this time of year in the recruiting cycle. I don't know if Marrone's staff gets most of the credit or not here, but big big get especially at QB.

Why on Earth would I give Marrone any sort of credit for this commitment? And this is coming from one of the few Marrone supporters around here and wishes him well and thanks him for what he did. That said, in no way am I giving him an ounch of credit for AJ Long committing.

Perhaps because Marrone & Hackett set the foundation and relationship with Long over the past two yrs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps because Marrone & Hackett set the foundation and relationship with Long over the past two yrs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

And neither of them are here... That foundation and relationship set up by them didn't work too effectively for quite a few recruits this past recruiting period. Why would it be any different now?

Why on Earth would I give Marrone any sort of credit for this commitment? And this is coming from one of the few Marrone supporters around here and wishes him well and thanks him for what he did. That said, in no way am I giving him an ounch of credit for AJ Long committing.

Uh I don't know genius. Maybe because he's been recruited by SU since he was a sophomore and had visited twice already before this last one.

But you're right. I'm sure the fact that he's been exposed to the program, visited twice already under the old regime and is good friends with a player that Marrone's staff recruited had absolutely nothing to do with his recruitment.

And FYI, if every recruit committed to a school solely because of the coaching personnel currently there, then we would have had 11 decommits last class, not 4. The 4 early enrollees really couldn't decommit but they could have decided to transfer if the staff was the only reason they committed. And every recruit with the exception of maybe Burton had other options.

Uh I don't know genius. Maybe because he's been recruited by SU since he was a sophomore and had visited twice already before this last one.

But you're right. I'm sure the fact that he's been exposed to the program, visited twice already under the old regime and is good friends with a player that Marrone's staff recruited had absolutely nothing to do with his recruitment.

LOL! So what, Marrone had recruited him. Awesome. That doesn't mean I'm giving him credit for AJ committing here. Augustus Edwards had friends who were here, that didn't make him commit. A complete turnover in the staff doesn't exactly speak to the fact he might of possibly had stayed in contact with too many coaches. Just because he liked Marrone, doesn't mean I'm giving him credit for committing to a school that is now run by Shafer to play on an offense lead by a coach who was not here during any of Marrone's tenure. I don't get how him being friends with Jarrodd West means that I should give Marrone credit for it. I'm pretty sure Marrone wasn't like, Yeah we are going to get this kid to commit in hopes that 3 years down the line, we can reel in this quarterback. I'll be sure to buy a beer for Jarrod if I ever meet him in a bar that the convenience occurred, but I won't be praising Marrone for it.

I'm not taking shots at Marrone, just don't see any reason why I should give credit to Marrone because they were in contact while he was here.