Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

IF they really wanted a teaser headline they should have said, "Syracuse Signs QB from Lebanon."

Big question marks for this year at QB for sure. But congrats to the SS team. How does it feel to grab a top 150 kid right out of the gate! been a long, long, long, long time...all I can say about all this bickering is one thing, I am excited over what SS has done in so short a time!
ESPN as him as a top 300 @ #239

I think that Doug did a good job recruiting. He has rebuilt the team with solid depth and talent across the board. Dougs focus was on kids that could play multiple positions had the frame to grow and had speed. All in all i think he did very well. I believe that Scott and crew will take things to the next level. I think that first of all they are starting off at a higher level than Doug. Second they are coming off a bowl win. Third they are in the ACC. Fourth we have announced the IPF. Fifth the staff seems a little more youthful which i believe will resonate with recruits. I truly believe we are entering a new and exciting ERA of Syracuse football and will not be surprised to see us consistantly in the top 50 recruiting classes and in the top 40 or better in rankings.

Good post. Agree with all of that.

agree - he seemed to be a solid recruiter, but the staff overall seemed to really lack a closer - even Wheatley for as good of a recruiter as I believe he was seemed to have a lot of trouble closing after garnering serious interest from kids - not sure if that was a function of Marrone's style, facilities, add favorite perceived reason here
Good points.

The current staff also has the advantage of last season's winning streak including our bowl appearance to build on. But overall, I think this staff has more dynamic personalities than DM's staff did.

Yep. We haven't offered but I believe we will soon. I'd hope he's familiar with Long too, that might help us. Williams said he is interested in visiting as well.

they are all cousins. West-Long-Williams

edit - or at least Long and Williams are. I thought West was also a cousin, not sure on that though

they are all cousins. West-Long-Williams

edit - or at least Long and Williams are. I thought West was also a cousin, not sure on that though
you're right, West is a cousin.

Jarrod West was a big assist for us on this one as they are friends. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Kinder took his diploma after next year and gave us another scholie at QB

Bnoro, I heard that this commit has a relative that is supposed to be a pretty big prospect. Do you know who that is and if Syracuse is interested?

Bnoro, I heard that this commit has a relative that is supposed to be a pretty big prospect. Do you know who that is and if Syracuse is interested?
KJ Williams. The thread is on the main football recruiting page.

Ogundeko? Ishaq? Trey Millard? The list goes on...

My bad, I read your post completely wrong. I was reading uncommitted players and thinking committed players.

Was Zach Allen aware of this?

The 4 early enrollees were Arciniega, Miller, Burton and Kirkland. Allen never step foot on campus so he doesn't count. 3 of those guys were JUCO's that really couldn't back out because they signed paperwork. Burton could but he had no other D1 offers and was a project recruit so he had limited other options.

There is another thread about this prospect...he's a 4-star WR out PA named KJ Williams.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/k-j-williams-4-start-wr.47015/
Apparently all we need to do is offer and his cousin AJ will get him here. Jarrod West being related to them helps us but if AJ lights it up in Tennessee, it will only be a matter of time before someone flips him. Having a good season will help us, but I dont see it with our questionable O-line and DE's

Apparently all we need to do is offer and his cousin AJ will get him here. Jarrod West being related to them helps us but if AJ lights it up in Tennessee, it will only be a matter of time before someone flips him. Having a good season will help us, but I dont see it with our questionable O-line and DE's
That's the positive attitude I've known to love out of Cuse fans!

The 4 early enrollees were Arciniega, Miller, Burton and Kirkland. Allen never step foot on campus so he doesn't count. 3 of those guys were JUCO's that really couldn't back out because they signed paperwork. Burton could but he had no other D1 offers and was a project recruit so he had limited other options.[/

Had they enrolled at that point? Classes I know didn't start for another week or so after Marrone left.

I'm tired with certain SU fans on this board that have the attitude that kids will be a flip just because someone in the SEC or another school shows love. I grew up in Northen VA and loved SU since the age of 9 with no connections to the school. Believe it or not some kids just fall in love with a school because they see it as a fit and I really think AJ is one of them. What sucked in my case for SU was I am a 5'8 free safety that was a D2 talent so I didn't pan out lol

What I'm seeing from this staff is that they are taking more chances on big fish like Eddie O does. If you get just one bite it can lead to a chain reaction and be a formula for success.
Regardless of the bad odds you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.Why not talk to the big names and see what they want and are thinking. Maybe,just maybe you "click with them and they wear orange helmets and get cheered in the mighty Dome.Our Dome isn't huge but its still impressive for those never having seen it or experienced the atmosphere.The campus and what we have at Manley is also a big deal getting bigger.:eek:

I'm tired with certain SU fans on this board that have the attitude that kids will be a flip just because someone in the SEC or another school shows love. I grew up in Northen VA and loved SU since the age of 9 with no connections to the school. Believe it or not some kids just fall in love with a school because they see it as a fit and I really think AJ is one of them. What sucked in my case for SU was I am a 5'8 free safety that was a D2 talent so I didn't pan out lol
We had a kid smaller than you and agreed to receive punts which I thought was suicidal but he did it. Great heart. My last game that I was able to attend was the opener against Washington and they had the team parading through the quad and I saw him approach and yelled his name which I have forgotten but his face letup with a huge smile.We lost that opener but his smile was something i'll always remember. :cool:

ya i don't even know why we even bother recruiting. while were at it let's just recruit D3 talent that way no D1 team could flip em. Gotta love it. The kid already de-committed not a full 24 hours after committing

I'm just keeping it real, guys. I hope im proven wrong.

The JUCO's that enrolled in January signed their LOI's on December 19th. That was before Marrone left.