Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

Yeah and they (r*vals) also have him as a 'Soft Verbal'
I don't see it any where on their site. Besides, I think Skout is the site that gives soft verbals (pun intended).

Neither Site has him listed as a soft verbal.

S space COUT space Has new articles up on lee and Ishmael

As excited as I am about how things have been going, looking and feeling on the recruiting trail, it's hard for me to get as excited as I used to. As many good things as these kids say, they're still kids and can change thoughts in a nanosecond.

I will say this though, slot of good looking kids mentioning us this early is awesome, much better than the alternative. Lot of WR's talkin' about CUSE.

As excited as I am about how things have been going, looking and feeling on the recruiting trail, it's hard for me to get as excited as I used to. As many good things as these kids say, they're still kids and can change thoughts in a nanosecond.

I will say this though, slot of good looking kids mentioning us this early is awesome, much better than the alternative. Lot of WR's talkin' about CUSE.

ya i don't think were going to have a problem with WR's and QB's in this class. Seems like were gong to have some high level So. Fla wr's (and hopefully Williams). Let's just hope we can grab some of the big uglies to block.

Neither Site has him listed as a soft verbal.

S space COUT space Has new articles up on lee and Ishmael

Anyone know why he is a soft verbal now? Is he taking other visits. His interview showed him as a solid verbal, now a few sites have him listed as soft.

Anyone know why he is a soft verbal now? Is he taking other visits. His interview showed him as a solid verbal, now a few sites have him listed as soft.
a few sites? ESPN, Sc0ut and R1vals list him as solid. what are you talking about?

a few sites? ESPN, Sc0ut and list him as solid. what are you talking about?
cuseconfidential has him as a "soft" verbal on the main page

He has stated that he would consider taking more visits this summer. Iowa just offered and so did USF, I am one that thinks he stays here, but the big boys will be calling soon. Let's keep him Cuse, I like the looks of the young man.

cuseconfidential has him as a "soft" verbal on the main page
Its certifiable BS. The kid has come out flat saying he is coming to Syracuse. What does he have to do BEFORE LOI day to make him solid?This EFFn ridiculous. Some one is just looking for trouble when its not there to be found."Stupid "might be the correct word here.Tis isn't Gus edwards saying one thing and then doing something entirely different.:crazy:Oh Lord

He has stated that he would consider taking more visits this summer. Iowa just offered and so did USF, I am one that thinks he stays here, but the big boys will be calling soon. Let's keep him Cuse, I like the looks of the young man.
No he hasn't. What are you talking about?

Where has he said this? I sure haven't seen this, in fact all I have ever read is te exact opposite

He has committed earlier in the process than the QB who shall not be named did, and he seems just as committed to this program (not sarcasm).

The big boys came calling for that QB and it took us losing our HC and OC , plus some bad timing on the new hires, for that QB to flip schools.

Barring GMC getting a huge promotion after a killer first season in ACC, there is basically zero chance this staff changes before Long gets here.

Long is all Orange, and all Orange he shall stay.

Where has he said this? I sure haven't seen this, in fact all I have ever read is te exact opposite
He hasn't. Re-stated today, actually, that he's solid to SU.

He hasn't. Re-stated today, actually, that he's solid to SU.
There was a quick hitter on 247 that said he is still thinking about taking visits. I hope you are right Bnoro, I'm glad he restated that he is solid to SU, hope it stays. I really like the playmaking ability and potential he has.

There was a quick hitter on 247 that said he is still thinking about taking visits. I hope you are right Bnoro, I'm glad he restated that he is solid to SU, hope it stays. I really like the playmaking ability and potential he has.
247 isn't a good site to believe info from.

Not only is he not a "soft" verbal, he's working on enrolling in January. He's as solid as we could hope for.

Good I'm glad that I'm wrong here. Thanks for the clarification guys

Maybe its because it is too early or just that no one wants to get too excited without a signature but it strikes me as odd that we are not going crazy over this guy, literally and figuratively he is our biggest recruit in forever in terms of position, ability, rankings (soon to be released), just find it odd. I have absolutely no fear of these coaches losing this guy either, way more confident than last year at this time.

That time we went crazy for an early verbal from a highly ranked QB that was "all-in" on Syracuse even helping recruit other players that recruit ended up at TCU. I know things happened to cause that but that is some of the hold up IMO. Also the basketball team is in the final four. Some people haven't started to focus on football yet.

People always should've been concerned about Zach Allen because Texas is a long way from Syracuse.

Fact is they are all just non binding verbal commits.

People always should've been concerned about Zach Allen because Texas is a long way from Syracuse.

True, but even with the distance, wasn't he rock solid until Marrone left?

ZA flipping was a matter of push factors, not pull factors.

In the first year of the hard-nosed regime, there is simply no chance of those same push factors arising.