Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

Apparently all we need to do is offer and his cousin AJ will get him here. Jarrod West being related to them helps us but if AJ lights it up in Tennessee, it will only be a matter of time before someone flips him. Having a good season will help us, but I dont see it with our questionable O-line and DE's

why bother? What. Classic CNY positive thinking here

The JUCO's that enrolled in January signed their LOI's on December 19th. That was before Marrone left.

I forgot that the JUCO's can sign earlier. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm tired with certain SU fans on this board that have the attitude that kids will be a flip just because someone in the SEC or another school shows love. I grew up in Northen VA and loved SU since the age of 9 with no connections to the school. Believe it or not some kids just fall in love with a school because they see it as a fit and I really think AJ is one of them. What sucked in my case for SU was I am a 5'8 free safety that was a D2 talent so I didn't pan out lol

But, were you hard nosed?

The 4 early enrollees were Arciniega, Miller, Burton and Kirkland. Allen never step foot on campus so he doesn't count. 3 of those guys were JUCO's that really couldn't back out because they signed paperwork. Burton could but he had no other D1 offers and was a project recruit so he had limited other options.

Is there evidence that they would have backed out, if they were able too? I haven't heard of this being the case, could you please steer me to the articles, so I can read them?

Or was this just conjecture on your part?

Is there evidence that they would have backed out, if they were able too? I haven't heard of this being the case, could you please steer me to the articles, so I can read them?

All conjecture, they were all interviewed after the fact and were happy with their choice.

Ho
I'm just keeping it real, guys. I hope im proven wrong.[/quote
Why do you say we have a questionable offensive line? There's 3 returning starters with plenty of young talent waiting in the wings. I would say that it should be considering a strength not a weakness.

First and foremost, the point I was trying to make in my original post about this topic was that not every kid who commits to a school is committing solely because of the staff that they're committing to. I never said that any of the JUCO's that signed early weren't happy with their decisions or were considering backing out. What I did say was that I was excluding them because they were already signed at that time. Hypothetically they could have transferred, which I mentioned, but that's not really to their advantage, so even if they weren't happy, it's likely they wouldn't have left anyway. And Burton, whether he was happy with his decision or not, really didn't have any alternatives from what's been reported so I lumped him in with them - a kid who backing out provided no real advantage to. Nowhere did I say any of them were going to back out - but I excluded them from the commits I was considering because their situations were different than the high school kids that were verballed.

That being said, the point was that there were 4 guys that didn't sign early that decommitted and 7 that didn't sign early that stayed committed out of the recruits that committed prior to Marrone leaving. If kids commit strictly to a school simply because of the staff currently at that school, which is what was implied by some in this thread, then we would have lost 11 recruits, not 4. Especially considering the general misinformation, confusion, etc that was going on during the period between Marrone interviewing and Shafer not only being named HC but getting his staff solidified. That was the whole point I was trying to get across. You can't assume that every single kid that commits to a school does so 100% because of the staff that he verballed to.

All conjecture, they were all interviewed after the fact and were happy with their choice.

For the record, I never said that they weren't, implied that they weren't, or indicated that they weren't happy with their choice. Hard to have conjecture when you don't even make the statement. Feel free to point out where I did.

It's ok tep, I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, I honestly was interested, as I had not heard that any of them were unhappy with their decisions. I honestly don't want any kids who don't want to be there. I know what that can do to an organization.

ya i don't even know why we even bother recruiting. while were at it let's just recruit D3 talent that way no D1 team could flip em. Gotta love it. The kid already de-committed not a full 24 hours after committing
I think this kid is different. He doesn't flip on us.Someone say D3 talent? Crazy is that person. Laminated and certifiable.

Some great arguments here, but I ask again did you guys see the block at the :27 mark?

All you punk ASSSSSSSes need to stop hating. This kid and Nas Howard are both legit DI players. SU has by far exceeded any expectations with recruiting since the Dougie left.

All you punk ASSSSSSSes need to stop hating. This kid and Nas Howard are both legit DI players. SU has by far exceeded any expectations with recruiting since the Dougie left.
You tell 'em Shaggy.

Who's hating besides Cali? Seems many people are very excited by both of these pickups

Who's hating besides Cali? Seems many people are very excited by both of these pickups
Agreed I'm very excited about having these two players commit so early. I don't see much hate here.

Look, you need to get your facts straight:

Neither of these kids is anywhere close to being in the same athletic class as Ben Barrett.

Night and day. Facts are facts. Deal with it. I've made my peace with it. I suggest you do too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Look, you need to get your facts straight:

Neither of these kids is anywhere close to being in the same athletic class as Ben Barrett.

Night and day. Facts are facts. Deal with it. I've made my peace with it. I suggest you do too.

Wait...What?! Otto, please tell me this post is in some kind of special sarcasm font.

Wait...What?! Otto, please tell me this post is in some kind of special sarcasm font.
Read it carefully.

BB was a two star lineman project with no offers - son of a trustee. Left the program.

BFlhLMXCAAA4SNq.jpg

Orange Fizz@OrangeFizz
AJ Long's HC John McNeal told The Fizz that AJ is 100% on decision to commit to SU. Long has interest coming from Oregon, USC, + Bama. -BG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom