Class of 2024 - QB AJ Miller (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/30/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB AJ Miller (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/30/24)

When I went to Syracuse in 1977, the cost of attendance was around $13,000.00 ! The cost went up at least $1,000.00 every year. I can remember my Dad saying "Son, Are you sure you want to go to Syracuse? Pennsylvania has some really good State Schools"! The point is...it is all relative. For my Economists out there, I was a Biology major, what is the buying power equivalent today of 13K in 1977?
$13k in 1977 is equal to $68k today

Not sure the actual cost of living comparison

If he's from Rye, maybe he can do without a scholie for a year or two.
No doubt. My sister-in-law was a longtime languages teacher at Rye HS but she could not afford to live there by any stretch of the imagination.

When I went to Syracuse in 1977, the cost of attendance was around $13,000.00 ! The cost went up at least $1,000.00 every year. I can remember my Dad saying "Son, Are you sure you want to go to Syracuse? Pennsylvania has some really good State Schools"! The point is...it is all relative. For my Economists out there, I was a Biology major, what is the buying power equivalent today of 13K in 1977?
It's substantial, the late 70's and early 80's had double digit inflation.

Economists laugh at Americans complaining about a spike of 8-9%.

Anyway, it would be slightly over $65000 in'24 dollars.

Still pretty expensive.

Old Man Good Job GIF

I used to sell real estate in Rye. I wouldn't worry about him. Only about 5% of those who live in Rye might find the tuition a stretch. Plus he mentioned someplace he is interested in attending Newhouse.

Wonder if any whiskey drinking good old boys from his hometown will be making the trip to games.
I heard he has a buddy named Joe Bulleit who wants to travel to games.

I hade a full ride for tuition, thanks to the US ARMY. Room and Board was on me. When I graduated in '92 i was presented a statement of charges for 70K that I would owe the government if I didnt fullfill my duties. Thank god I never had a doubt what I wanted to do lol.

Can’t be any worse than CDRW against Boston College.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom