Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

You figure between Wilson, Kimble, Long and Edouard we have to hit with one of them. These are 4 well rated players at a major need position.

That's the way I look at it. Stockpile the position and hope one excels. I've said that before though and it hasn't worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color me suspect about a kid from FLA with a lot of options who verbals w/o seeing the place. Nice to see we are in there seriously with these kids, but I'll jump for joy when his LOI is faxed in.
His official is Jan 10.

Color me suspect about a kid from FLA with a lot of options who verbals w/o seeing the place. Nice to see we are in there seriously with these kids, but I'll jump for joy when his LOI is faxed in.

Hodge, Parrish and Washington all from the south and all committed before visiting.

I think we're ok here, when he de-committed from Miami we became a major player for him because of gmacs relationship with Berman his coach.

You figure between Wilson, Kimble, Long and Edouard we have to hit with one of them. These are 4 well rated players at a major need position.

Wilson and Kimble might end up being good, but were they highly rated players? I don't believe so.

As highly rated as a guy named Nassib.

And as highly rated as O'Korn a QB this staff identified and he can sling it ... just ask Houston.

As highly rated as a guy named Nassib.
As highly rated as a John Kinder? John Kinder was rated the same as them on Rivals and higher on Scout. I am not saying they can't be good (I'm the one who 1st posted about Okorn success recently), just that they weren't highly rated.

Last edited:
As highly rated as a John Kinder? John Kinder was rated the same as them on Rivals and higher on Scout. I am not saying they can't be good (I'm the one who 1st posted about Okorn success recently), just that they weren't highly rated.

Drew Allen was rated the 15th best pro-style QB in the nation coming out of high school.

Alin Edouard
Scout Grade
9 POSITION
154 REGIONAL
54 STATE
i

OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Mobility
A tall, wiry frame with some growth potential. Lanky and long, but with very good body control and coordination. Athletically he can buy time, move around and make plays on the move, but he is always looking to throw and make a play with his arm. Shows initial burst to evade and create when he has to. Is a long strider as a runner and can cover a lot of ground with good overall elusiveness.

Mental-Makeup
Operates from under center and out of the gun in a multiple set. Is a very decisive player pre- and post-snap. Can scan the field and work through progressions. Is more of a one read and take off guy. Must develop patience in progressions.

Accuracy
Shows very good feet, drop speed and a quick set up. Has the ability to make every throw from within the pocket. Is very proficient in the short-to-intermediate passing game and can fit the ball between tight coverage on in routes, curls and crossing routes. When he is set, he will show very sound accuracy to all levels.

Release/Arm Strength
Displays excellent arm strength. The ball comes out quickly and with very good zip and RPMs. Has flashed the ability to drive the ball to the sideline from the opposite hash and push the ball deep downfield from within the pocket. Ball really comes out when he needs to zip it. Does tend to cup the ball just a bit too much as he has big hands. Carries the ball high.

Bottom Line
This guy has some juice to him. Edouard is an under-the-radar, dual-threat prospect who is a good enough to move to another position, but we feel his upside in the passing game warrants the investment at QB. We anticipate he'll see a lot of interest this spring and summer.

9 POSITION
154 REGIONAL
54 STATE
i

OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Mobility
A tall, wiry frame with some growth potential. Lanky and long, but with very good body control and coordination. Athletically he can buy time, move around and make plays on the move, but he is always looking to throw and make a play with his arm. Shows initial burst to evade and create when he has to. Is a long strider as a runner and can cover a lot of ground with good overall elusiveness.

Mental-Makeup
Operates from under center and out of the gun in a multiple set. Is a very decisive player pre- and post-snap. Can scan the field and work through progressions. Is more of a one read and take off guy. Must develop patience in progressions.

Accuracy
Shows very good feet, drop speed and a quick set up. Has the ability to make every throw from within the pocket. Is very proficient in the short-to-intermediate passing game and can fit the ball between tight coverage on in routes, curls and crossing routes. When he is set, he will show very sound accuracy to all levels.

Release/Arm Strength
Displays excellent arm strength. The ball comes out quickly and with very good zip and RPMs. Has flashed the ability to drive the ball to the sideline from the opposite hash and push the ball deep downfield from within the pocket. Ball really comes out when he needs to zip it. Does tend to cup the ball just a bit too much as he has big hands. Carries the ball high.

Bottom Line
This guy has some juice to him. Edouard is an under-the-radar, dual-threat prospect who is a good enough to move to another position, but we feel his upside in the passing game warrants the investment at QB. We anticipate he'll see a lot of interest this spring and summer

9 POSITION
154 REGIONAL
54 STATE
i

OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Mobility

Mental-Makeup

Accuracy

Release/Arm Strength

Bottom Line
This guy has some juice to him. Edouard is an under-the-radar, dual-threat prospect who is a good enough to move to another position, but we feel his upside in the passing game warrants the investment at QB. We anticipate he'll see a lot of interest this spring and summer

I have been feeling that the program needed to catch "lightening in a bottle" with a QB recruit, similar to what happened with McNabb, in order to turn the program around. I really like this kids potential as a passer and a playmaker. He appears to have a much stronger arm than AJ. I am not comparing him to McNabb and I have no idea how his game will translate to the college level if we are lucky enough to get his LOI in Feb. Just love that we went out and recruited another QB with potential.

Probably looked at the game yesterday and said, "I can do better than that."
The kid is only listed at 4.8 speed. Is that legit?
One of the youtube videos says he ran a 4.5 at camps and that was Summer of 2012. But obviously that might not be true. Straight line speed looks like a 4.5 runner though, definitely not 4.8

Yeah, the thing to like about this commit is that it's pretty clear we have some limitations at QB, at least among the guys getting PT now.

Would not surprise me at all to see a freshman or redshirt freshman starting under center next season.

Yeah, the thing to like about this commit is that it's pretty clear we have some limitations at QB, at least among the guys getting PT now.

Would not surprise me at all to see a freshman or redshirt freshman starting under center next season.

I was pretty well convinced earlier in the year that we were going to be solid at QB for three years with Hunt under center.

After the last three games, I wouldn't remotely be surprised if we had a true frosh taking the reins next season.

I was pretty well convinced earlier in the year that we were going to be solid at QB for three years with Hunt under center.

After the last three games, I wouldn't remotely be surprised if we had a true frosh taking the reins next season.
Sad, but true.

I miss strong pocket passers.

Never been for the dual crap. Hopefully Long, Edouard or even Hunt will prove me wrong.

Alin had to have seen the last game and saw how obvious it was that he has a legitimate shot at early playing time. Sure, he has to beat out AJ and the two freshmen, but he's probably convinced he can beat out Hunt. Plus, I'm sure the coaches have put early playing time into his ear quit often.

Fantastic get...keep that good talent coming and hopefully McDonald is as good a sword fighter as he is a recruiter because this young man is going to be hearing from schools until he signs in February, much like a lot of the talented HS kids that have given their oral's to SU.

And yeah texascpa, that GT game had to have widened his eyes and got him excited, If we can hold on to him and AJ plus that stockpile of receivers...we have us some serious young talent headed to the Hill.

I have been feeling that the program needed to catch "lightening in a bottle" with a QB recruit, similar to what happened with McNabb, in order to turn the program around. I really like this kids potential as a passer and a playmaker. He appears to have a much stronger arm than AJ. I am not comparing him to McNabb and I have no idea how his game will translate to the college level if we are lucky enough to get his LOI in Feb. Just love that we went out and recruited another QB with potential.

McNabb wasn't known for his passing coming out of high school. He developed into a decent passer at SU, but certainly nothing special.

He's got some long strides when he runs the ball. Kinda reminds me of Teddy Bridgewater physically, but has better speed. Anyone know the cometition that Hialeah plays?

He's got some long strides when he runs the ball. Kinda reminds me of Teddy Bridgewater physically, but has better speed. Anyone know the cometition that Hialeah plays?
They play in 8A

One thing is for sure - there will be competition - don't forget Wilson and Kimble.

I would not underestimate McDonald.

One thing is for sure - there will be competition - don't forget Wilson and Kimble.

I haven't forgotten them--I just think that they've been recruited over. But bottom line: may the best QB win. I couldn't care less which one of them rises to the top, provided that one of them does. We need a dynamic playmaker.

Having an impact QB masks a lot of sins.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom