Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Is Brown part of the RW group of friends? Can't remember. Just curious if he were to commit if it would help out with the other guys.

Is Brown part of the RW group of friends? Can't remember. Just curious if he were to commit if it would help out with the other guys.
He and Robert are friendly. He's not in that direct circle, but he knows those same guys. Brown has played with Team USA in the past so he knows all of those guys.

So does this "potential" commitment effectively kill the 5% chance of landing Haskins?

So does this "potential" commitment effectively kill the 5% chance of landing Haskins?
Probably not. I highly doubt we would get Haskins, but it wouldn't shut the door on him completely. But it would probably drop from 5% to about 2.5%.

Just spoke to someone up on the hill. We should feel good about Brown.

Jack, are they expecting him to pull the trigger tomorrow as has been speculated? If you know and are comfortable disclosing that.

haskins would go from .001% to .00001%

ofLhyoS.jpg

Jack, are they expecting him to pull the trigger tomorrow as has been speculated? If you know and are comfortable disclosing that.

I did not hear anything about a decision day all I was told was that things are looking very good and certain staff members wouldn't be surprised if a commitment with amount soon for somebody else.

PhatOrange said:
haskins would go from .001% to .00001%

You may have real Intel on that - I don't know. For sure Haskins is a long shot (and I'm all in on Brown) - but his top two are Maryland and Rutgers - and he's still favoriting Syracuse tweets and stuff from Syracuse fans. That's a lot of positive stuff for .001%, no?

You may have real Intel on that - I don't know. For sure Haskins is a long shot (and I'm all in on Brown) - but his top two are Maryland and Rutgers - and he's still favoriting Syracuse tweets and stuff from Syracuse fans. That's a lot of positive stuff for .001%, no?
If that's true, I give us a 10% chance

If that's true, I give us a 10% chance

Until we land significant talent to garner interest from Haskins I give us a .05% shot.

Until we land significant talent to garner interest from Haskins I give us a .05% shot.

are you saying 5% aka 5 out of 100 or 0.05% which is 5 out of 10,000. i hope the former.

are you saying 5% aka 5 out of 100 or 0.05% which is 5 out of 10,000. i hope the former.

Either way we have a lot of time to build the class up. My bet is he is a signing day announcer. Very least at the UA or US ARMY AA game

no. favoriting a tweet and actually saying "i'm interested in syracuse and would like to visit" are galaxies apart. he's never even stepped foot on campus and has expressed no interest in doing so.

no. favoriting a tweet and actually saying "i'm interested in syracuse and would like to visit" are galaxies apart. he's never even stepped foot on campus and has expressed no interest in doing so.
Well, I wouldn't go quite to that extreme. From what I know, he's curious about checking out the campus with Washington and Mayden, but other than that, you're right. He hasn't shown a ton of interest other than being open to the idea, in theory.

EDIT: And I just re-read an article on one of TOS, and according to that a visit might actually happen, and is being talked about with Haskins and the coaches.

Well, I wouldn't go quite to that extreme. From what I know, he's curious about checking out the campus with Washington and Mayden, but other than that, you're right. He hasn't shown a ton of interest other than being open to the idea, in theory.

EDIT: And I just re-read an article on one of TOS, and according to that a visit might actually happen, and is being talked about with Haskins and the coaches.

He is high on the ND board as well. with gholston leaving a big hole emerges. Just something to think about.

Lets get this thread back to Brown. :)

Until we land more names like RW, 5 out of 10000.

I look at it this way - there is a slot for one QB in this class and Anthony Brown, along with a few others, have been pegged by the staff since very early on for that spot. If he commits that spot is gone.

Now that doesn't mean that we won't have a few spots open for "best available player" types and I think that's where Haskins falls in. I'd recruit him, but not count on him, and see where it goes. If he comes, fantastic. If not, you still have a very, very good QB prospect in Brown in the class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom