Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

The coaches did if he was their #1 qb in the 2016 class.

maybe maybe not. that could've also been lip service considering they offered 3 or 4 QB's before Brown.

Yep, every OL starter from last year has exhausted their eligibility. Their offense could be in for a very long year.
And keep in mind that their offense wasn't anything to brag about last year with those guys and the QB...

BC was a whopping 7-6 last year –and people are anointing Addazio as the second coming.

Lets see how Addazzio follows up that stellar season without his QB – the kid who single handily won games and they're losing their entire OL.

They also have that murderous OOC schedule to contend with this year, ya know, Maine, Howard and Northern Illinois. Seriously two D1 AA’s What is that ???

After those 3 padded wins we’ll have certain posters on this board telling us how great Addazzio is.

I see BC going 4-8 this year.

They will struggle this year. FYI, don't count Northern Illinois as an automatic win. they are far from it.

Honestly I like the QB committed to SMU more than Brown, but Brown would have been big for the NJ perception. I know Acosta wanted him bad.

Brown's definitely not the finished product yet, he's like every other QB we bring in. The only reason this is a tough loss is because he's an NJ kid.

BC was a whopping 7-6 last year –and people are anointing Addazio as the second coming.

Lets see how Addazzio follows up that stellar season without his QB – the kid who single handily won games and they're losing their entire OL.

They also have that murderous OOC schedule to contend with this year, ya know, Maine, Howard and Northern Illinois. Seriously two D1 AA’s What is that ???

After those 3 padded wins we’ll have certain posters on this board telling us how great Addazzio is.

I see BC going 4-8 this year.

I'm with ya. Always thought that Addazio was an average game coach, but great motivator. I think he has them amped to play in every game, and was impressed with how they stuck with FSU and Clemson. He also happens to be a solid recruiter, so them going 4-8 and us making a bowl will definitely help! Should that happen! ;)

Honestly I like the QB committed to SMU more than Brown, but Brown would have been big for the NJ perception. I know Acosta wanted him bad.

Brown's definitely not the finished product yet, he's like every other QB we bring in. The only reason this is a tough loss is because he's an NJ kid.
I mentioned talking to someone whose football opinion I very much respect about Brown and Moore...he thinks Brown is very much a great athlete playing QB, while Moore is more of a QB who happens to be a great athlete. He likes them both very much, but because of that he thinks Moore is a better long term prospect because he's got a better natural grasp of the position.

I'd have happily taken Brown, don't get me wrong. I hope he has an excellent career. But if we get Moore, I certainly won't be disappointed.

I'm with ya. Always thought that Addazio was an average game coach, but great motivator. I think he has them amped to play in every game, and was impressed with how they stuck with FSU and Clemson. He also happens to be a solid recruiter, so them going 4-8 and us making a bowl will definitely help! Should that happen! ;)

I think he's a good motivator and a decent coach. i'm just picking because some people on this board wish he were the coach here and I don't get that. the grass is always greener for some i guess. he's not really accomplished anything great and gets way to much credit for 7-6. (and moral victories only count at other schools - they never count for anything when it comes to our own coaches wink)

PhatOrange said:
I think he's a good motivator and a decent coach. i'm just picking because some people on this board wish he were the coach here and I don't get that. the grass is always greener for some i guess. he's not really accomplished anything great and gets way to much credit for 7-6. (and moral victories only count at other schools - they never count for anything when it comes to our own coaches wink)

I agree a billion percent.

I think the close loss to FSU in 2013 when they were destroying everyone, followed by the win against USC last year, gave him and BC a lot of street cred. The guy can motivate for sure. He is also very annoying, that is for sure too. A bit overrated but still a pretty solid coach.

djorange1989 said:
I think the close loss to FSU in 2013 when they were destroying everyone, followed by the win against USC last year, gave him and BC a lot of street cred. The guy can motivate for sure. He is also very annoying, that is for sure too. A bit overrated but still a pretty solid coach.

Yeah and the losses go unnoticed.

So being completely honest you don't think he has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has at Syracuse?

Let's see BC was 4-8 in 2011 and 2-10 in 2012. Syracuse 5-7 and 8-5 in same time. Addazzio's 1st 2 years at BC he was 7-5 and 7-5, Shafer was 6-6 and 3-9.

Addazzio has signature wins over Virginia Tech x 2, and USC, while being competitive with both Clemson and FSU in both years. Shafer's signature win is who, Minnesota maybe, and got hammered by FSU x 2 and Clemson in 2013. You say moral victories don't count for us, but that's not true, everyone was thrilled with our close game with Clemson, and Marrone got plenty of credit for playing USC tough. Either way Shafer has given me little hope in terms of ability to game plan when we are playing up in competition. Addazzio has proven he can.

Both coaches brought in big name transfer qb's. Addazzio was able to maximize Murphy's potential (who was really really bad the year before with UF), while Allen didn't make it out of week 2.

Recruiting wise BC has finished ahead of us in rankings both seasons, even with Syracuse being the ones with the brand new renovated facilities.

I'm sorry if you don't think Addazzio has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has done at Syracuse you either don't want to see it, or don't know what your looking at.

The same people wishing Addazio was the coach here are the same people that would be ragging on Addazio like they rag on Shafer if Addazio was the coach here.

anomander said:
So being completely honest you don't think he has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has at Syracuse? Let's see BC was 4-8 in 2011 and 2-10 in 2012. Syracuse 5-7 and 8-5 in same time. Addazzio's 1st 2 years at BC he was 7-5 and 7-5, Shafer was 6-6 and 3-9. Addazzio has signature wins over Virginia Tech x 2, and USC, while being competitive with both Clemson and FSU in both years. Shafer's signature win is who, Minnesota maybe, and got hammered by FSU x 2 and Clemson in 2013. You say moral victories don't count for us, but that's not true, everyone was thrilled with our close game with Clemson, and Marrone got plenty of credit for playing USC tough. Either way Shafer has given me little hope in terms of ability to game plan when we are playing up in competition. Addazzio has proven he can. Both coaches brought in big name transfer qb's. Addazzio was able to maximize Murphy's potential (who was really really bad the year before with UF), while Allen didn't make it out of week 2. Recruiting wise BC has finished ahead of us in rankings both seasons, even with Syracuse being the ones with the brand new renovated facilities. I'm sorry if you don't think Addazzio has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has done at Syracuse you either don't want to see it, or don't know what your looking at.

He wasn't comparing - he was just saying he gets credit that his record doesn't justify.

He wasn't comparing - he was just saying he gets credit that his record doesn't justify.

It's always a comparison to Syracuse. Either way if Addazzio doesn't get credit for what he did at BC, what's that say for our own Head Coaching situation?

anomander said:
It's always a comparison to Syracuse. Either way if Addazzio doesn't get credit for what he did at BC, what's that say for our own Head Coaching situation?

Both haven't accomplished much. Winning the division is step one. Both are attempting to get to that goal. If you want to compare them, Adazzio is in front by a touch. But please don't give him credit for close losses. We didn't buy Marrone's close losses - he got credit when he beat WVU and Ville in the dome... Rightly. Addazzio's win vs USC was impressive. That's it.

That he's on the hot seat? Does anyone dispute that after how last season unfolded?

That he's on the hot seat? Does anyone dispute that after how last season unfolded?

From reading a lot of people posts I would say a fair amount dispute that.

Both haven't accomplished much. Winning the division is step one. Both are attempting to get to that goal. If you want to compare them, Adazzio is in front by a touch. But please don't give him credit for close losses. We didn't buy Marrone's close losses - he got credit when he beat WVU and Ville in the dome... Rightly. Addazzio's win vs USC was impressive. That's it.

BC was coming off a 2 win season when he took over, and last year he played with under 70 scholarship players. He's in front by much more then a touch all things considered.

So being completely honest you don't think he has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has at Syracuse?

Let's see BC was 4-8 in 2011 and 2-10 in 2012. Syracuse 5-7 and 8-5 in same time. Addazzio's 1st 2 years at BC he was 7-5 and 7-5, Shafer was 6-6 and 3-9.

Addazzio has signature wins over Virginia Tech x 2, and USC, while being competitive with both Clemson and FSU in both years. Shafer's signature win is who, Minnesota maybe, and got hammered by FSU x 2 and Clemson in 2013. You say moral victories don't count for us, but that's not true, everyone was thrilled with our close game with Clemson, and Marrone got plenty of credit for playing USC tough. Either way Shafer has given me little hope in terms of ability to game plan when we are playing up in competition. Addazzio has proven he can.

Both coaches brought in big name transfer qb's. Addazzio was able to maximize Murphy's potential (who was really really bad the year before with UF), while Allen didn't make it out of week 2.

Recruiting wise BC has finished ahead of us in rankings both seasons, even with Syracuse being the ones with the brand new renovated facilities.

I'm sorry if you don't think Addazzio has done a much better job in his 2 years at BC, then Shafer has done at Syracuse you either don't want to see it, or don't know what your looking at.

I can spin it the other way to. I mean jesus, he had TWO 1 AA wins last year. Bottomline. Shafer and Addazio have split head to head.

What Addazio did last year was the same as Marrone did with Nassib's senior year. We'll see how Addazio follows that up. Winning record and I'll tip my cap. He goes 3-9, 4-8 I'll be reminding you of this thread.

PhatOrange said:
I can spin it the other way to. I mean jesus, he had TWO 1 AA wins last year. Bottomline. Shafer and Addazio have split head to head. What Addazio did last year was the same as Marrone did with Nassib's senior year. We'll see how Addazio follows that up. Winning record and I'll tip my cap. He goes 3-9, 4-8 I'll be reminding you of this thread.

Yep. Without his previous connection to his grad student QB they would have won 3 games. I'd like to have seen them playing with their 4th QB.

I can spin it the other way to. I mean jesus, he had TWO 1 AA wins last year. Bottomline. Shafer and Addazio have split head to head.

What Addazio did last year was the same as Marrone did with Nassib's senior year. We'll see how Addazio follows that up. Winning record and I'll tip my cap. He goes 3-9, 4-8 I'll be reminding you of this thread.

I'd be very surprised if they have a 3 or 4 win season. In just 2 seasons he has established an identity there. You know what BC is going to do. Their going to be physical, and their going to run the ball. May not be flashy, but it's an identity, and a vision for how you see your program. What's our identity? We can say we are Hardnosed, but we are anything but.

Yep. Without his previous connection to his grad student QB they would have won 3 games. I'd like to have seen them playing with their 4th QB.

Did you happen to watch Murphy play at Florida the year before? He was awful. I was happy BC picked him up because he wasn't good. I give more credit to Addazzio for maximizing his skills, and actually turning him into a very good qb. Something we couldn't do with Drew Allen. Not to mention BC cut like 20 kids before last season. They were playing with a depleted roster. If any season was going to be a rebuild season for them, it was going to be last year.

From reading a lot of people posts I would say a fair amount dispute that.

Really? I'm not sure about that. Being on the hot seat doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be fired after this year [agree that there is deabate on that], but I'd say that the bloom is off the rose for most of the fanbase, and certainly the majority here. He needs to win / show dramatic improvement on offense--fast--or even more of his supporters will jump ship.

Last edited:
anomander said:
I'd be very surprised if they have a 3 or 4 win season. In just 2 seasons he has established an identity there. You know what BC is going to do. Their going to be physical, and their going to run the ball. May not be flashy, but it's an identity, and a vision for how you see your program. What's our identity? We can say we are Hardnosed, but we are anything but.

I think we have a very well established identity on defense. It's very "hardnosed"... Changing OC's means an inherent change of direction on offense (unless you want to be known for bubble screens).

anomander said:
Did you happen to watch Murphy play at Florida the year before? He was awful. I was happy BC picked him up because he wasn't good. I give more credit to Addazzio for maximizing his skills, and actually turning him into a very good qb. Something we couldn't do with Drew Allen. Not to mention BC cut like 20 kids before last season. They were playing with a depleted roster. If any season was going to be a rebuild season for them, it was going to be last year.

We'll see. I'd bet we finish ahead of them in the w-l column (if you subtract one of their two FBS games).

It's also a conspicuous pick of the regular season records. Since we are 1-0 and BC is 0-2 in bowl games making the comparison 7-6 and 7-6 to 7-6 and 3-9. When you add in their extra FBS game like TheCusian said and our 44 QB's that we had to use, maybe not the best sample to make a comparison with.

Not saying I don't think we need more wins, but lets at least TRY to keep it apples to apples. This year we will be the ones with a veteran QB (if healthy) and they will be the ones breaking in a youngster. I am looking for the tables to turn.