Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Tricky situation with Brown right now. Staff is clearly very high on him.

But...suddenly Dwayne Haskins is a real possibility. Maybe they'd be more apt to take two QBs? Gonna be interesting to see how SU plays this one out, keeping Brown interested while pursuing Haskins.

So a McNabb/Kevin Johnson situation... We could only be so lucky to be in that tricky situation again.

Brown is visiting Boston College tomorrow. A few of the recruiting analysts think his process could be a wrap after this trip. No guarantee of course, just passing along information I have read. I know BC is very high on him, he is probably they're top (realistic) target at QB this year.

Brown and Coleman would be huge steps in continuing to build on our success in Jersey.

Brown is visiting Boston College tomorrow. A few of the recruiting analysts think his process could be a wrap after this trip. No guarantee of course, just passing along information I have read. I know BC is very high on him, he is probably they're top (realistic) target at QB this year.

BC seems to be our only real threat for Brown at the moment. He would definitely help our continued success in Jersey.

Brown and Coleman would be huge steps in continuing to build on our success in Jersey.

whats so great about coleman? not bashing just curious. there seem to be taller more talented (more heavily recruited) kids in NJ we're after.

He's SU's top QB target as well, realistically speaking.

whats so great about coleman? not bashing just curious. there seem to be taller more talented (more heavily recruited) kids in NJ we're after.
Speed.
2015-04-28-23-25-24-1148746276.jpeg

Brown looks like Hunt 2.0 with potentially a more reliable arm.

Hmmm is that a good thing Oh Lord
Hunt won us a bowl and had a bad start to last year which hampered him until his injury. I'm not writing him off yet.

When I say he resembles Hunt, I mean more as an imposing athlete Dual figure.

Hunt won us a bowl and had a bad start to last year which hampered him until his injury. I'm not writing him off yet.

Here's the thing that I don't recall anyone mentioning. The new offense is supposed to be built around a dual QB like Hunt. Brown is a dual QB and Haskins is a pro QB. That being said, I'm sure that we would take both, but what then? Do we change the offense or at least tinker? I think Brown, like KJ, is the more athletic of the two and could play WR like KJ did but it would sure be a great problem to have.

Here's the thing that I don't recall anyone mentioning. The new offense is supposed to be built around a dual QB like Hunt. Brown is a dual QB and Haskins is a pro QB. That being said, I'm sure that we would take both, but what then? Do we change the offense or at least tinker? I think Brown, like KJ, is the more athletic of the two and could play WR like KJ did but it would sure be a great problem to have.

Great OC's, like Chip Kelly, can mold their offense to fit the current players skill set. Bad OC's, like McDonald, force their system down your throat, like it or not.

I don't think we should get caught up with "dual threat" or "pocket passer." Watch the video for Haskins, he moves really well. Half of his completions seem to come when he's rolling out and throwing on the run, and when he actually tucks and runs he's not a 4.5 guy, but he looks every bit as fast as Hunt.

I have always been a Hunt supporter, but I think he is good, not great. A lot of his success will come from who he is surrounded with.

Great OC's, like Chip Kelly, can mold their offense to fit the current players skill set. Bad OC's, like McDonald, force their system down your throat, like it or not.

Or Brian Pariani. For another Syracuse example.

And now he's going to camp/visit UF and Miami in June. Hope the staff doesn't get to distracted with the bright lights and remember to give attention to our original primary targets.

No idea if that's the case currently. Just a thought.

And now he's going to camp/visit UF and Miami in June. Hope the staff doesn't get to distracted with the bright lights and remember to give attention to our original primary targets.

No idea if that's the case currently. Just a thought.

I don't think they will. They know how to recruit... it's a constant balancing act.

I don't think they will. They know how to recruit... it's a constant balancing act.
I'll be honest though, this would concern me. Thought to be closing in on a decision, and then, adding camp dates for a month after. If I'm reading tea leaves, I'm thinking that there's been some communication with the coaches down there. And, at the very least, he's interested in earning a scholly. Florida as a state can be tough to turn away when you're from the NorthEast. Or, from anywhere for that matter.

Not informed at all, but, this makes me think that thoughts have changed on at least one side of the recruitment.

I'll be honest though, this would concern me. Thought to be closing in on a decision, and then, adding camp dates for a month after. If I'm reading tea leaves, I'm thinking that there's been some communication with the coaches down there. And, at the very least, he's interested in earning a scholly. Florida as a state can be tough to turn away when you're from the NorthEast. Or, from anywhere for that matter.

Not informed at all, but, this makes me think that thoughts have changed on at least one side of the recruitment.

Well that is always the variable in the equation... the 17 year old brain. Does anyone know if these camps he is attending at FL and Miami are team camps or if he is going down with some other team mates? You know that just because he is invited to camp doesn't mean an offer is coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom