Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

And what about Brown pushing back his expected commitment date and visiting two schools out of his publicized Top 5 do for your comfort level in us signing him?

I guess my point is that if we are going to swim in the deep waters of recruiting with the sharks the fan base should understand the possible consequences if we swing and miss. Its a gamble to jump off guys you've been on consistently and had at the top of your board (and let that recruit know that) to offer new guys at the same position. With social media and recruiting sites its almost impossible to keep new offers quiet so the original recruits know what is going on with all of the new offers. Some may take the attitude that if you're looking elsewhere well I think I will too.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't pursue the top talent for this program. Its just that if you don't do properly it could bite the program in the ass.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with this.

Brown entertaining more (better) interest is not a surprise and it’s what he should do. I hate early commitments because they don’t mean jack. I think if Brown is our stated top QB target then we continue to recruit him at that level while also having backup plans. We’re recruiting other QBs for a reason.

To go full on with Haskins is risky to lose both kids. If Haskins comes up for a campus visit then I’ll change my tune, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s actually interested in Syracuse. Stay the course with Brown and the others.

In fairness, we offered Haskins a long time ago, so it's not a real surprise that he's on our radar.

well no, but again, he's never bothered to come up here - and his buddy RW has always liked Syracuse.

I agree with this.

Brown entertaining more (better) interest is not a surprise and it’s what he should do. I hate early commitments because they don’t mean jack. I think if Brown is our stated top QB target then we continue to recruit him at that level while also having backup plans. We’re recruiting other QBs for a reason.

To go full on with Haskins is risky to lose both kids. If Haskins comes up for a campus visit then I’ll change my tune, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s actually interested in Syracuse. Stay the course with Brown and the others.
I love early commitments. Most kids stay committed. I'll take my chances.

The real point you, and everyone need to realize is the recruits we are going after, all seem to be getting offers from the big boys. That means our coaches are identifying talent, and of course we aren't going to win all the battles, but the last cycle , and now we are winning some. We won't get back to consistently being top 20, unless we win some of the battles. Would you rather go back to recruiting all players who have Akron offers?

No. I understand a bit about recruiting and I fully support the staffs efforts to build the program. My point was as we transition from recruiting hidden gems to national recruits there may be pitfalls/negative consequences from said approach. It also matters significantly if we are on a guy early and he then becomes a national recruit versus us getting in on national recruit after he is already a wanted commodity.

How do you know that SU has "jumped off" recruiting Brown? Just because the fans are getting in a lather about Haskins doesn't mean that the staff has changed their approach with Brown. The fact that he's talking about visiting UM and UF might be a product of those schools coming on board more recently, and not anything wrong that the SU staff is doing or not doing.

I don't know and never asserted the same. I was speaking generally about this recruiting transition based on all the new offers and interest in national recruits since RW'S commitment.

Of course I don't know what's going on with the coaches and their closed door recruiting sessions which puts me in the same boat as 99% of the posters on this forum.

What I do know is he was originally planning on shutting down his recruiting and choosing a school in May per his words and now that's changed. Any reason as to why is speculation as of today's date.

Do we know if he is going on a real visit or just attending camps? I might have missed that above.
I don't think we know. He does not say he's going to camp, he implies that he will be at those schools in June. Could just be a family vacation at the end of the school year and while there, I'll swing by for an unofficial.

Agreed, and until a kid commits if coaches aren't saying to him, "hey Anthony, we love you, but we are going to recruit other players as well. If you commit, we're done, but until you do, the spot s up for grabs. " Thats on them. No kid is good enough for us to abandon the position entirely. If they do go elsewhere, what then?

I wish i could like this post twice

Agreed, and until a kid commits if coaches aren't saying to him, "hey Anthony, we love you, but we are going to recruit other players as well. If you commit, we're done, but until you do, the spot s up for grabs. " Thats on them. No kid is good enough for us to abandon the position entirely. If they do go elsewhere, what then?
Don't want another Jason Campbell situation.

Who's name is that across the back? Looks like Brewer? Wouldn't that be a no-no, unless its a fictional name? Still seems like it would be a mistake though.

Sadiq_Palmer6 ‏@muhboy_gunna Protected Tweets 2h2 hours ago

If me and bruh got to play together in college it would be BONKERS I tell ya!
1f633.png
1f64f.png
1f64c.png
1f4aa.png
1f3c8.png
! @AnthonyBrown_2

For anyone who has a Scout subscription, new article on Brown this morning including hints that a decision is looming.
He's said before June in past free interviews.

Looks like they want somebody to commit.
I'm probably reading too much into things but I'm looking at the turtle and thinking of a certain former ACC school that's interested in another player we're recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom