QB Breakdown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

QB Breakdown

I don't mean to pile on but, It's crazy to me that people look at the stats in the OP and think "Tommy is no Eric" without talking about the difference in the OL. Especially when we saw Tommy come in with that OL and save our arses in two games. Eric nearly lost his job his senior year to Tommy.

QB can do some things better, but if you're putting it all on him? C'mon.

I like DeVito; but maybe there was something to Dungey’s quote last year, I don’t remember the exact quote, Dungey was asked about next year’s quarterbacks. Dungey said something about Amie not DeVito. I thought it was odd at the time...

Would be interested to see Nassib’s sophomore stats compared to Eric’s. Nassib got some PT as a freshman, similar to Eric so they’re at a similar level of game experience as soph’s.
Just thought i’d point out that Nassib was RS’d behind Cameron freakin Dantley and was beat out as a freshman by a dook PG who hasn’t played football in 4 years.

Id be willing to bet that Tommy’s stats are light years better at present.

I like DeVito; but maybe there was something to Dungey’s quote last year, I don’t remember the exact quote, Dungey was asked about next year’s quarterbacks. Dungey said something about Amie not DeVito. I thought it was odd at the time...
I'm not saying you are doing this, but it's interesting to me that there are people that will recall that quote, where Dungey was clearly wrong, and Amie pissed away his chance here, and people will reflect on the quote and find fault with DeVito.

Crazy how quickly people forget what Tommy can do with a good OL
I'm sure the coaches are in his ear not to run or make sure you are super super careful as we don't have much at back up at this point
Better OL and these conversations don't happen
If coaches are telling him to be super super careful then they need to find a new line of work. That's the quarterback, if he's not playing to win who is?

Play smart, like looking at film and saying hey you tucked it there 5 yards in that spot is good you should have slid instead of letting the guy wrap you up and give him a chance to stand you up or come down on you, putting that in his head is fine. But this is football man! This is brutal brutal game and if you're not down to bash heads and smash someone you need find something else, cause this ain't it. Guys on a team with a qb who's not going to take a shot to get a throw off or tuck it and dive to the pylon, they're not going to lay it out there either.

If coaches are telling him to be super super careful then they need to find a new line of work. That's the quarterback, if he's not playing to win who is?

Play smart, like looking at film and saying hey you tucked it there 5 yards in that spot is good you should have slid instead of letting the guy wrap you up and give him a chance to stand you up or come down on you, putting that in his head is fine. But this is football man! This is brutal brutal game and if you're not down to bash heads and smash someone you need find something else, cause this ain't it. Guys on a team with a qb who's not going to take a shot to get a throw off or tuck it and dive to the pylon, they're not going to lay it out there either.
SIMMS!!!! If you don’t throw 2 interceptions today...then I guess you’re just not trying.

That’s a famous Parcells quote, often before big games.

Be careful though, the PlayStation Nation Fan/Stat Boys will lose their minds!!

I mean he's not being asked to stick a finger in the dirt, man.

Conway, Roberts, and Martin wave from across the way with their diplomas.

Of course it's fair to point out the OL problems.

Tommy got a raw deal there, no doubt.

I don't mean to say it's all on him.

But sometimes more than one thing can be true.

I will be very clear.

Shafer was a bad head coach.

I don't believe you that you're not making a Dino v Shafer statement.
I don't care what you believe. You can believe I started the Great Chicago Fire but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I was definitely implying that Dino might take a lesson in recruiting from Shafer. No Shafer was not a good coach, but your assertion that everything the man touched was manure is silly. He did bring in some very talented players and leaders as well. Dino has brought talent as well, but we are lacking leadership that we weren't before. Why is that?

I don't care what you believe. You can believe I started the Great Chicago Fire but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I was definitely implying that Dino might take a lesson in recruiting from Shafer. No Shafer was not a good coach, but your assertion that everything the man touched was manure is silly. He did bring in some very talented players and leaders as well. Dino has brought talent as well, but we are lacking leadership that we weren't before. Why is that?

You should do a search for Elmore's recruiting info. Guy is a leader.

I think it's probably being over inflated around here at this point.

Of course it's fair to point out the OL problems.

Tommy got a raw deal there, no doubt.

I don't mean to say it's all on him.

But sometimes more than one thing can be true.

Yep. I think it's a combination of losing those guys, inexperience, and TD not handling the blitz all that well. Yet. And despite all that, kid can throw very accurately and is throwing better than Eric.

I'm not saying you are doing this, but it's interesting to me that there are people that will recall that quote, where Dungey was clearly wrong, and Amie pissed away his chance here, and people will reflect on the quote and find fault with DeVito.
Amie didn't just throw away his opportunity at Syracuse, he hasn't been listed on the Blinn College roster for about five weeks.

. . .I was definitely implying that Dino might take a lesson in recruiting from Shafer. No Shafer was not a good coach ...
Shafer was a good D-coordinator. Not that good at recruiting, since half of his top recruits never made it or left early. Lester was the one who found and landed Dungey. We have a leadership issue on the offensive side, but it is secondary to the talent issue at OTs and the new QB figuring out some things.

Shafer was a good D-coordinator. Not that good at recruiting, since half of his top recruits never made it or left early. Lester was the one who found and landed Dungey. We have a leadership issue on the offensive side, but it is secondary to the talent issue at OTs and the new QB figuring out some things.
...Dino's staff might take a lesson in recruiting from Shafer's staff....

I agree with you and fixed it.

So coaches can't tell a player to be careful? Interesting...
So if Tommy has a rib injury like most players the coaches can't tell him to be careful and need to get a different job? That is one delicious hot take, thanks!

So coaches can't tell a player to be careful? Interesting...
So if Tommy has a rib injury like most players the coaches can't tell him to be careful and need to get a different job? That is one delicious hot take, thanks!

*Real* QB's throw their bodies around so they miss the rest of the season.

He did, LOL. Now that is revisionist history. Just because people on the board talked about it meant Dino was thinking of doing it? You're out of your mind with some of your H0T Takes the last two days.

He may not have lost his job but he clearly got pulled in some games for being ineffective. And TD had to come in and win those games for us or that magically 10 win season never would have happened.

He may not have lost his job but he clearly got pulled in some games for being ineffective. And TD had to come in and win those games for us or that magically 10 win season never would have happened.
And we had to put Eric back in at WMU to avoid a complete What loss. One of those times he got 'pulled' vs FSU wasn't a pull at all. Eric was struggling and got an eye injury at which point Devito came in and cleaned up.

And we had to put Eric back in at WMU to avoid a complete What loss. One of those times he got 'pulled' vs FSU wasn't a pull at all. Eric was struggling and got an eye injury at which point Devito came in and cleaned up.

Sure. I’m really glad both guys were available last year. And the 3 OL that graduated too.

The O misses those 3 guys way more than they miss ED (and he was pretty good last year, I’m no hater)