Class of 2024 - QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma

Venables seems to following Dino and the staffs offers for QB's. He knows the SU O gave him fits when they had a decent QB so makes sense he'd skulk around SU's offers.
Oklahoma has a verbal from a pretty highly rated qb already for 2024 (as we do). I wouldn't be surprised to see Zurbrugg get a few more offers from the majors as the well dries up and teams fill out their rosters. Northwestern, Oklahoma and the Cuse were his biggest offers so far.

I really liked this kid as a prospect, and thought the capabilities his film showed [most notably, accuracy and the ability to throw the ball effectively on the move] would translate really well to our system.

But after what happened, I think this ship has sailed.

I don't expect him to end up at Northwestern, but I also don't expect our staff to get re-involved here, after how he handled things.

I really liked this kid as a prospect, and thought the capabilities his film showed [most notably, accuracy and the ability to throw the ball effectively on the move] would translate really well to our system.

But after what happened, I think this ship has sailed.

I don't expect him to end up at Northwestern, but I also don't expect our staff to get re-involved here, after how he handled things.
Yep, not saying this to knock the kid, but no way I would re-engage with someone who flipped on us within a week after committing, you are just asking for it like Kevin Bacon in Animal House at that point

Yep, not saying this to knock the kid, but no way I would re-engage with someone who flipped on us within a week after committing, you are just asking for it like Kevin Bacon in Animal House at that point
Maybe the staff found out we were getting the commitment from the kid from GA and suggested to Zurbrugg that he may want to explore his options? I have no idea but timing may suggest this.

Maybe the staff found out we were getting the commitment from the kid from GA and suggested to Zurbrugg that he may want to explore his options? I have no idea but timing may suggest this.
Highly doubtful. We need two QBs. He got a better offer at Northwestern and took it and now that move has gone sideways. He’s clearly a good QB and will land somewhere just fine. I too believed he would’ve fit in well at Cuse. It’s too bad he didn’t stick. We believed in him and he did not reward that with loyalty. Although, with an Oklahoma offer and others sure to come, I doubt he’ll be looking backwards either.

Highly doubtful. We need two QBs. He got a better offer at Northwestern and took it and now that move has gone sideways. He’s clearly a good QB and will land somewhere just fine. I too believed he would’ve fit in well at Cuse. It’s too bad he didn’t stick. We believed in him and he did not reward that with loyalty. Although, with an Oklahoma offer and others sure to come, I doubt he’ll be looking backwards either.
If that's the case he really didn't want to be here in the first place so better now than on signing day..

Just because someone announces an offer it doesn’t mean it’s commitable. Who knows where he is in OK’s pecking order.

It’s not really an offer unless it is able to be accepted.
Most of the several dozen "offers" that schools make are nothing but "teasers" to keep kids on the hook. It would be fascinating to know which ones would be honored if a kid immediately said, "I'll take it!"

Better offer?

Most of the several dozen "offers" that schools make are nothing but "teasers" to keep kids on the hook. It would be fascinating to know which ones would be honored if a kid immediately said, "I'll take it!"
From what I've heard, for the football factories in the higher tier, where they more select their recruits from a smaller pool, the verbal offer is just a lets go get coffee and go on a date. Its not a marriage proposal.

Its the next steps in the process of that determines how serious they are, a written offer, official visit invite, home visit prior to signing day, etc.

Related to that, if a school is going to accept a recruits commitment and say they can go public with it, some coaches then discourage any further OVs and will pull offers if they believe they have the leverage to get a comparable player at that position. Its a cat and mouse game, that's played sometimes.

Zurbrugg is listed as visiting Oklahoma this weekend along with Andy Bass and others. He hasn't decommitted from Northwestern according to 247. Still shopping though.

Brandon gets around.

Hoping he took the scholarship offered to Bass and we get Andy now. That would be a nice development.

Would love to see what Coach Beck could do with an athlete like Bass. If he wants to play QB in college, Syracuse is by far his best shot at making this happen.

Brandon gets around.

Hoping he took the scholarship offered to Bass and we get Andy now. That would be a nice development.

Would love to see what Coach Beck could do with an athlete like Bass. If he wants to play QB in college, Syracuse is by far his best shot at making this happen.

Ha! That would be a funny twist, to satisfactorily wrap up Zurbrugg's goofy ass recruiting / stiffing SU.

Would be quite pleased to have it all end up that way.

Also, so much for playing closer to home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom