Class of 2024 - QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma

Eh. We were always taking two this cycle.

I do not live too far from his HS. NW plays in the Big 10, which Ohio is all about. It is a better school from an academics perspective with better facilities.

His parents have easier drives to see him play (insert USC jokes) more the bulk of his schedule. It sucks because I really liked his film.

Good news is with the QB portal game of musical chairs, we can find another pretty quickly.
You can watch the NW practices as i posted last fall. I check him out and see how he is doing

Flips less than 24 hours after Williams commits. Tells you all you need to know.
I guess...but you have to talk to N'western before you commit. So was there ongoing conversation and he was going to commit to NW sooner or later, and the timing is just coincidental. Then why commit to Cuse at all then, if the plan was to commit to NW?

Or did he really pull the trigger in 24 hours, conversation and all? If so, it just seems a little hasty. I mean where is the fire? Too bad, I liked his potential. Hope Williams is a good player for us.

I'm not sure why this kid reneged on his commitment after a week, but it seems to scream that he doesn't want to compete against a higher ranked player. If this is the case, good riddance and we are lucky to have found this out early rather than later. Football is arguably the most competitive of sports.
True. Better to know now rather than signing day. Like that kid whatshizname who switched whatever state college last year.

True. Better to know now rather than signing day. Like that kid whatshizname who switched whatever state college last year.
I never take it as a good sign if a player leaves when he gets competition. I hope, for his sake, he is not that soft.

Only stain on an otherwise great day. NWU better school, program, conference, coach, and city. Still, it bothers me because he might actually be better than Willams. But, onward…!

Only stain on an otherwise great day. NWU better school, program, conference, coach, and city. Still, it bothers me because he might actually be better than Willams. But, onward…!
NWU better school no, conference def more money, Coach no, city no, I guess we all got our own opinion. No stain, just choices.

NWU better school no, conference def more money, Coach no, city no, I guess we all got our own opinion. No stain, just choices.
Sorry, Chicago is one of rhe great cities in the world. Sure, a ton of violence and shootings, however, it is an American jewel. NW is a great school. Journalism is second only to SU. I think it is the most academically challenging schools in The BIG. I will take our coach. The man is amazing. Of course Winter in both cities can test you.

No one should be too surprised he decommitted. He got the Northwestern offer on the Friday as he was traveling to Syracuse. The surprising thing was that he committed so fast to SU. He probably felt like he had to grab a P5 offer and SU might not hold the spot open if he didn't commit. Once SU took another higher rated QB, and he's sitting there realizing he has B1G school QB offer, well, why stick around and have a QB in your class for 4 years at SU? You can bet Pat Fitzgerald was on the phone with him as soon as Jakhari Williams committed.

Now we have to hold on and hope we don't get "LaNorriss Sellersed" on signing day by Jakhari and some SEC school.

NWU is one of the elite academic schools in the world. Dino better than Fitzgerald? Everyone will laugh at you except Syracuse fans. Cuse > Chicago? Come on man.

It’s fine to be a fan. I am. But we need to be grounded too.

Sorry folks I can’t get worked up about a HS QB commit flipping. I barely get excited when a HS QB commits to us.
There is just too long of a road to become QB1 and start at an ACC school. Every year there will be higher rated portal QBs avail

Good luck to this kid

Sorry, Chicago is one of rhe great cities in the world. Sure, a ton of violence and shootings, however, it is an American jewel. NW is a great school. Journalism is second only to SU. I think it is the most academically challenging schools in The BIG. I will take our coach. The man is amazing. Of course Winter in both cities can test you.
The beauty of Northwestern is you get almost all of the benefits of Chicago without actually being in Chicago. Evanston, where NW actually is, is a decent hike from Chicago by train or by car so you don't get the crime you do, say at Loyola or U of Chicago... but it's not so far that you can't enjoy it on the weekend.

If I were to ever move back to Chicagoland, Evanston would definitely be near the top of the list of places to live except it's so expensive.

flipper.JPG

IMO, I want players who want us and aren’t so wish washy that they promise their services to one school and turn right around and commit to another.
Good luck with that young man!

IMO, I want players who want us and aren’t so wish washy that they promise their services to one school and turn right around and commit to another.
Good luck with that young man!
Never new he existed prior to his SU commit, thought he had potential from his films, I will now never pay any mind to him again. Wish him neither ill nor good, just do not care at all.

"I’m blessed and excited to announce that I am flipping "
He needs a PR person to help write his tweets.
I am blessed and excited to move on from caring about his career. It was a tough and long road, though I just learned about his existence last week. As a fan, I’m ready for what’s next. Hash tag blessed

Northwestern is universally regarded as a superior academic institution. Is this honestly debatable?
Some folks are true to their school to the point of delusion.

This is sarcasm right?

Hazing was reportedly in the locker rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom