Class of 2022 - QB Byrum Brown (NC) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Byrum Brown (NC)

I can’t imagine with that offer list, we would take a commitment. If he’s our answer for a QB, the staff flat out can’t recruit.
Based on the timing, I doubt he's coming here, but do you remember Jacobian Morgan's offer list? Or Markiewicz when we offered? Much less than this guy. I like his size, speed, and intelligence.

I can’t imagine with that offer list, we would take a commitment. If he’s our answer for a QB, the staff flat out can’t recruit.
Football divisions in NC are 1A-4A. Rolesville, which is outside Raleigh, is 4A. The past two seasons they went 9-1 and 10-3 and went to the state Championship last year with this QB. They lost to Vance, Stephon Thompsons' old team.

Remember dungey did not have many offers either. Some kids go under the radar.
Also many high rated qbs that are busts and end up in the portal.
I do understand sometimes people go under the radar but with 3 of SU’s direct ACC competitors (NC State, UNC, Duke) all within an hour of him and not offering that should hold some weight on if he can play in the ACC.

Here is another sophomore that did well for us last year.
2440 yds 24 TDS 119.9 QB Rating 300yds rushing He was 6' 160 last year and is up to 6' 4" 195 lbs this year. Again hopefully we will play in the spring.
4.4 GPA Has interest from a lot of schools such as Cal, WF, Duke, Houston...

I assume he's not coming here based on the timing. But I'd be interested to see what the OP has to say about this development.

I do understand sometimes people go under the radar but with 3 of SU’s direct ACC competitors (NC State, UNC, Duke) all within an hour of him and not offering that should hold some weight on if he can play in the ACC.
Two NC guys Garrett Williams and Stef Thompson were freshman starters. Tucker wasnt offered by Maryland. Can't always look at it that way.

Two NC guys Garrett Williams and Stef Thompson were freshman starters. Tucker wasnt offered by Maryland. Can't always look at it that way.
Garrett and Thompson are 3 hours or more away, not in basically the same town. And Thompson would not have have played as much on any of those team last year. SU was hurting for talent and even more importantly depth so Thompson got his time and luckily for us played well.

And maryland had better prospects and recruit better than SU and have for years. I’m glad they looked over tucker.

I’ll also say.. I believe taking a flyer on a LB or CB is a lot different than a QB. Apples and oranges to me.. ED was a lottery ticket that cashed in. We already have 2 or 3 QBs on the team that are “flyers” and we are crossing our fingers.

I live in the RDU area and this kid has been in contact with all their coaches and they all know about him and has a name for himself in the RDU area. Been a star area and still doesn’t have an offer.

Garrett and Thompson are 3 hours or more away, not in basically the same town. And Thompson would not have have played as much on any of those team last year. SU was hurting for talent and even more importantly depth so Thompson got his time and luckily for us played well.

And maryland had better prospects and recruit better than SU and have for years. I’m glad they looked over tucker.

I’ll also say.. I believe taking a flyer on a LB or CB is a lot different than a QB. Apples and oranges to me.. ED was a lottery ticket that cashed in. We already have 2 or 3 QBs on the team that are “flyers” and we are crossing our fingers.

I live in the RDU area and this kid has been in contact with all their coaches and they all know about him and has a name for himself in the RDU area. Been a star area and still doesn’t have an offer.
You missed my point. There successful players across the country that didnt have offers from schools in their home state. Im just saying instate offers shouldnt be the only thing you look at. Of course its a red flag but there's also other factors that go into offers. I dont know anything about this kid and Im not saying SU should pursue him. I was just responded to what you said.

You missed my point. There successful players across the country that didnt have offers from schools in their home state. Im just saying instate offers shouldnt be the only thing you look at. Of course its a red flag but there's also other factors that go into offers. I dont know anything about this kid and Im not saying SU should pursue him. I was just responded to what you said.
I think QB is also different b/c teams generally don't bring in more than 1 per class.

Yeah I was just about to update that. Right after I posted to the message board he said he is going to make his decision. He’s been at camps with Belin and says he’s really good so let’s hope we get him!

I didn’t miss what you were saying. I understood but what I’m saying is taking chances where other teams in your league don’t, that probably know the player better, is not a winning strategy.

Yes, they work out sometimes but that is a very low percentage. Can’t point out the outliers and say that’s the norm.

Aka.. Scott Shafer strategy

Based on the timing, I doubt he's coming here, but do you remember Jacobian Morgan's offer list? Or Markiewicz when we offered? Much less than this guy. I like his size, speed, and intelligence.
I think you just proved his point.

Like the QBs from NDSU

The second coming of Quintin Flowers I can see. And if I remember right in, 2015 Flowers gave SU fits in that game. Final USF 45- SU 24? This kid is taller I believe than Flowers, but I see a QF 2.0....Good luck to this any how.

Flowers and Major Harris are the two most incredibly annoying QBs I recall facing.

Glenn Foley in 1993 put on a passing clinic in the Dome. Different kind of annoying, but I was highly annoyed.

Glenn Foley in 1993 put on a passing clinic in the Dome. Different kind of annoying, but I was highly annoyed.
Great example. Another QB we made look like superman was the Washington kid from Temple.