Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

It was reported that they were taking him, unless something changed he should have been there
Right. I think they did based upon reports, but to CL's post -- that's what I was basing it on.

I’ve sat behind and almost right next to recruits at FB games. Half the time they’re on their phones and only sort of watching the games.

I’m not implying that having a good atmosphere for their visit isn’t a positive thing but from the recruits we are more likely in play for it seems to rank fairly low overall. We’ve had important recruits commit that their only visit to the dome was against a team like Colgate. Rarely in a commits interview do they mention that the crowd, game experience they witnessed was a factor in their decision. I don’t think what I said was that subjective actually.
It was subjective, unless you have objective data to support your claim. If you do, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's a hypothesis that is clearly subjective.

But agree in the main with the rest.

Kid is an important recruit, would have been better for the game / atmosphere to be a bit more exciting. But never said it was important or the only factor -- just that it was a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
It was subjective,since it is an experiential opinion that you've formed.

But agree in the main with the rest.

Kid is an important recruit, would have been better for the game / atmosphere to be a bit more exciting. But never said it was important or the only factor -- just that it was a missed opportunity.

I don’t disagree that it was potentially a missed opportunity. I don’t think we’re saying anything that drastically different from each other. I’ve just realized over the years that the things the fans think move the needle for any given recruit, usually are pretty low on the list.

Kind of like DB’s halftime speeches and all the fans saying how good it was for recruiting. “Who wouldn’t want to play for this guy, in this offensive system, in a dome?” I don’t say this to sound like a jerk at all but none of those things seem to have improved recruiting in any discernible way.

I don’t disagree that it was potentially a missed opportunity. I don’t think we’re saying anything that drastically different from each other. I’ve just realized over the years that the things the fans think move the needle for any given recruit, usually are pretty low on the list.

Kind of like DB’s halftime speeches and all the fans saying how good it was for recruiting. “Who wouldn’t want to play for this guy, in this offensive system, in a dome?” I don’t say this to sound like a jerk at all but none of those things seem to have improved recruiting in any discernible way.
Not really arguing you, but Clawson at WF was just complaining that the ACCNetwork's need for Friday games hurt his recruiting because he couldn't get kids to three early season good games with good crowds.

Really need one more center, we are a rolled ankle back to Servais. Would love to keep Servais at tackle no exceptions. Fortin should definitely be looking at this location as an open opportunity and have to believe Dino is selling it that way.

Really need one more center, we are a rolled ankle back to Servais. Would love to keep Servais at tackle no exceptions. Fortin should definitely be looking at this location as an open opportunity and have to believe Dino is selling it that way.
Dino said in an interview that all positions are open to compete for. QB no exception.

Heckle coming back should help that. We’ll have him and Vetorello. The question is whether he’ll start of Vetorello.

Heckle coming back should help that. We’ll have him and Vetorello. The question is whether he’ll start of Vetorello.
Thought I had read somewhere on this site he was not returning. 100% agree that if he does it certainly minimizes that need.

Thought I had read somewhere on this site he was not returning. 100% agree that if he does it certainly minimizes that need.

I was enjoying my obliviousness where Heckle was coming back. Is he not returning???

I was enjoying my obliviousness where Heckle was coming back. Is he not returning???
It hasn't been stated that he won't return but suffered an injury that kept him out the entire season.

I'd imagine he moves on

There will be some attrition, from a medical end this year

I'd imagine he moves on

There will be some attrition, from a medical end this year
Doesn't necessarily mean he moves on...just that he might not play for SU again.
And let's keep this on Fortin please.

Doesn't necessarily mean he moves on...just that he might not play for SU again.
And let's keep this on Fortin please.
Does he have a timeline for a decision?

Doesn't look like Coach Martin is going anywhere for now.
The man started a powerhouse HS program in Texas from scratch. HS football in Texas is a whole different thing. I know you understand that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom