Class of 2021 - QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious as I know you have plenty of connections, is this a feeling you have when talking to people or an educated guess based on this guy coming to town?

Is it possible that he’s a “best available player” that we convinced Cuse was the right home for him? And not necessarily an indictment on the current room?
I think things changed when Lamson got injured.

Shrader may have worked on his skill set throughout the offseason and could start over this guy. I am also excited about our future but let’s wait to see how things workout.
Bottom line is, we have some freaking talent in that QB room. Two four star guys and other talented guys.

I think things changed when Lamson got injured.
Agree. But some of it might just be this new era we are in.

Kids want to play right away. They want to be starters from day one. They are not patient. They want what is best for them.

Florida had a big competition for the starting QB job. One kid won. The 2 other contenders both went into the portal.

You almost have to have 4 QBs going into a season to have a chance to have 2 left for the year after. The ones that do not play are likely going to transfer. This is true to some extent at all positions, but more so at QB than anywhere else.

It is great we got a player who made the Elite 11 finals and was ranked the 5th best QB in his class. From all accounts, he has a really strong arm and great touch. I think he can run and buy time and get some first downs but is probably more of a pass first guy than Shrader and Villari.

The battle for the starting position this fall is going to be one of the big stories in the ACC going into the fall. We are fortunate we have a scheme in place at Syracuse that has proven it is capable of producing NFL QBs. As well as an OC and QB coach who have produced several NFL QBs. This is what kids want. A system where they can show what they can do, where if they do well, they have a chance to get drafted and play in the NFL. And a place where they have a realistic chance to win a starting job. As Jake noted, Coach Anae and Coach Beck have a ace up their sleeve with their history of using 2 QBs concurrently. Even if you don’t win the starting job, you have a good chance of getting a lot of PT and still having a chance to throw some passes and showcase your talents.

I can tell you this: ACC DCs are not happy about having to switch from defending a Gilbert run scheme with Devito at QB to an Anae run scheme with multiple legit QBs who can throw and run. It is going to be a lot harder to stop the Syracuse offense now.

Love it.

I can tell you this: ACC DCs are not happy about having to switch from defending a Gilbert run scheme with Devito at QB to an Anae run scheme with multiple legit QBs who can throw and run. It is going to be a lot harder to stop the Syracuse offense now.
Good point

Del Rio is coming, hands down, because of Lamson's injury. If Lamson doesn't get hurt, the coaches stay put. They don't recruit another QB. Lamson was the heir apparent (and may still be)

With Lamson hurt, the staff had Morgan, Villari (who has shown nothing at Michigan) and a walk-on. This is the story line and really the only legitimate one.

The addition of Del Rio says absolutely nothing about the current status of Lamson or Sellers. Del Rio wants a chance to start and be the man. He might climb that mountain here, he might not. But he thought Cuse gave him the best chance and he will be playing under proven coaches

Lamson is a nice player.

But he is not the answer in my opinion and is not in this guy’s league.
We dont know who is the answer. Del Rio might not be either. Please dont go by HS rankings. There's nothing but 4 star QB's in the portal. Some still dont have a home. Staff doesnt pursue Del Rio if Lamson is healthy.

Was Del Rio Wilson in the portal before May 1st? I'm assuming the answer is yes?

From ESPN

Best transfers still available
1. WR Marcus Washington: As a junior, Washington had 277 receiving yards and two touchdowns last season for the Longhorns.

2. LB Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey: At James Madison, Tucker-Dorsey tallied 116 tackles, 2.5 sacks and nine tackles for loss. He is a grad transfer and should have plenty of options.

3. QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson: The former Florida quarterback was the No. 58 prospect in the 2021 class out of Georgia. He redshirted his first season, and he is now looking elsewhere to play out the rest of his eligibility.

We dont know who is the answer. Del Rio might not be either. Please dont go by HS rankings. There's nothing but 4 star QB's in the portal. Some still dont have a home. Staff doesnt pursue Del Rio if Lamson is healthy.
I’m going by what I saw first hand in the Dome during the spring game.

Wonder if there were any reports of his play during spring ball?

From a post spring game article. Miller is a 5 star xfer from Ohio St and probably the reason he entered the portal.

Overview: There wasn't a whole lot of doubt about the pecking order here heading into the spring, but Richardson erased any questions about whether this might turn into a more legitimate competition. He's clearly the starter, while Miller is clearly a step ahead of the two redshirt freshman. Del Rio-Wilson probably had the biggest growth this spring from start to finish, and it's probably safe to say he's a little out in front of Kitna for the time being. It wouldn't be surprising to see some attrition at this position in the coming weeks, and the Gators will add another player to the mix this summer when freshman Max Brown arrives.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom