QB coach Martin | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

QB coach Martin

Well you're making an assumption Martin was solely, or largely responsible for this kids skills and development. Which I'm positive you don't know if he even worked with the kid that much or if the kids skills were a result of training outside of school.

Maybe you should read his bio.

P. You know what they say about assuming. Actually i think overall Dinos assistants are not at his level as a head coach.
I think Dino is as good a head coach as we will ever hire.
With the exception of Monroe who is our best recruiter and has built a great secondary and our special teams coach both of which i would give a B+A i think that the other coaches are C grades.
Serious question: Are you at practice every day? Have you ever been to a Syracuse Dino practice? If you haven't and quite frankly even if you had, how can you say that all of the other coaches are C coaches?

For those still crying about Chance Aime's departure, Syracuse University sort of dodged one with him. He played in one game for Blinn, was 2-8 for 20 yards with an interception. He did have 7 carries for 95 yards with a long of 39 yards in that game which was a loss. He is no longer listed on the Blinn College Football roster. Must be Blinn College's quarterback coach wasn't developing him either? Oh and in no way shape or form do I blame Coach Martin for his departure. Coach Babers knows what he is doing. This is not directed at GoSU96 :)

Amie is an off the field train wreck and that is his fault and his alone. Probably why he isn’t on Blinn’s roster

Serious question: Are you at practice every day? Have you ever been to a Syracuse Dino practice? If you haven't and quite frankly even if you had, how can you say that all of the other coaches are C coaches?
He is saying it because we lost big to Maryland. It’s called a knee jerk reaction and there is a lot of it going on around here. Emphasis on jerk

Maybe you should read his bio.

I did when he was hired. Just read it again. I didn’t read anything that contradicts anything I wrote. Still don’t know how a player starting at Florida but was 2nd string at school Martin coached at means he’s directly/largely responsible for the kids development. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. So my reply to someone jumping to that conclusion b/c other posters questioned the hire, is a fair response.

it’s just as likely he developed into the player he is now from work outside of school. All these players have outside coaches/instruction, so not that big of a jump in thinking.

I did when he was hired. Just read it again. I didn’t read anything that contradicts anything I wrote. Still don’t know how a player starting at Florida but was 2nd string at school Martin coached at means he’s directly/largely responsible for the kids development. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. So my reply to someone jumping to that conclusion b/c other posters questioned the hire, is a fair response.

it’s just as likely he developed into the player he is now from work outside of school. All these players have outside coaches/instruction, so not that big of a jump in thinking.
I'm looking at the part of his bio where he was the passing coordinator and QB coach at two of his other high school coaching jobs prior to Manvel. And that he had 5 QBs from Manvel go on to play at FBS schools. Some on here seem to think he has no experience coaching QBs.

I'm looking at the part of his bio where he was the passing coordinator and QB coach at two of his other high school coaching jobs prior to Manvel. And that he had 5 QBs from Manvel go on to play at FBS schools. Some on here seem to think he has no experience coaching QBs.

Tommy throws a couple of bad picks and all of a sudden Martin is a bum. Dungey looked pretty good with him as QB coach and Tommy has played well especially considering how bad the OL has been. He is related to Dino kinda so he gets this kind of stupid crap tossed his way.

that actually wasn’t my point. I liked him when he was hired and haven’t bashed him even in a game thread this year lol. I was really just making a completely different point.

that actually wasn’t my point. I liked him when he was hired and haven’t bashed him even in a game thread this year lol. I was really just making a completely different point.
Yeah. My reply should have probably been to a certain other poster.

Not for nothing, but 5 QB’s going to FBS schools has a lot to do with the district he coached in, too. A lot of very good football players in Texas.

Not for nothing, but 5 QB’s going to FBS schools has a lot to do with the district he coached in, too. A lot of very good football players in Texas.
Yes. But he started the Manvel Football program from scratch. My guess is he knows how to coach.

Yeah. My reply should have probably been to a certain other poster.

No worries, I can see what I wrote probably sounded very different then what I was trying to point out. I’m prob better off just saying nothing sometimes.

No worries, I can see what I wrote probably sounded very different then what I was trying to point out. I’m prob better off just saying nothing sometimes.

Oh, if only certain other posters could develop that kind of insight, what a wonderful world it would be.
(I'd add, "and you know who you are," but they don't, and that's the rub)

Me too. ;)