Class of 2018 - QB Devin Leary (NJ) Portal from NC State to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Devin Leary (NJ) Portal from NC State to Kentucky

Gotta go really hard after the Texas kid when he visits next week.

Kelvin Harmon @Wide_Receiver3 3m3 minutes ago

NC State fans welcome in another Jersey dawwg @DevinLeary1
1f43a.png
1f608.png

I really wonder how they are able to recruit so well. Crappy school and a head coach with no personality. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

I really wonder how they are able to recruit so well. Crappy school and a head coach with no personality. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Schools who play in the offense that Syracuse does should draw the creme de la creme at QB and WR easily.

It's their passing game coordinator. Proven track record of dynamic exciting productive high-scoring aerial assaults.

Strangely, though, on his page at the NC State site, under "coaching accomplishments", they have nothing listed from the 2 years he served as full offensive coordinator at a P5 school.

A new picture for Fagan's dartboard

and SU did at QB last year - no top NJ quarterback is going to commit to SU the year after DeVito just did

So I guess if the Qb's are not confident in their ability and the system then I guess they will not commit.

So I guess if the Qb's are not confident in their ability and the system then I guess they will not commit.

Since he's from NJ, maybe he knows better than most how good DeVito is and he's doing the smart thing by going to a school where he'll have every opportunity to be the man. This is what we all say kids should do when two 5* QB's choose Florida State in the same cycle (let alone already having three on the roster), we're all like WHY? Why do these kids all want to sit the bench when they could start at lesser XYZ program.

Competition is great and all but when it comes right down to it we'd all want to go where we have a better shot of getting on the field early.

SU is not a factory right now and Babers is just getting started. If the O takes off like we think it will and SU starts putting some QBs into the league again, you might get to the point where two stud QBs from the same area will choose SU in consecutive years - but at this point in time it doesn't surprise me that a kid would choose a different school that currently has 2 of the top QBs in the NFL as alums and didn't have a big name QB recruit in the prior class

It's their passing game coordinator. Proven track record of dynamic exciting productive high-scoring aerial assaults.

Strangely, though, on his page at the NC State site, under "coaching accomplishments", they have nothing listed from the 2 years he served as full offensive coordinator at a P5 school.

Leary loves the bubble screen. On every passing play

Thought the same.

I want that Cali kid anyways.

Agree, My priority is Chance 1A and CaliKid 1B. I think what chance does with his feet would make the offense extremely dangerous, but Cali can throw the hell out of the ball.

Since he's from NJ, maybe he knows better than most how good DeVito is and he's doing the smart thing by going to a school where he'll have every opportunity to be the man. This is what we all say kids should do when two 5* QB's choose Florida State in the same cycle (let alone already having three on the roster), we're all like WHY? Why do these kids all want to sit the bench when they could start at lesser XYZ program.

Competition is great and all but when it comes right down to it we'd all want to go where we have a better shot of getting on the field early.
For the moment, we're not attractive to qb's who might legitimately have to sit. Right or wrong (you know my opinion), there is a difference between "I will go to Florida state and Maybe sit for 3 years" versus "I ain't sitting for 3 years at Syracuse".

and SU did at QB last year - no top NJ quarterback is going to commit to SU the year after DeVito just did
I don't think it is about confidence here. There was no way he was going to commit here with a possible 2 years left with ED, RSF Rex Culpepper, and then you add DeVito and it spells not top gun here. Even with confidence it just isn't going to happen "starter" here or even a couple years I believe. jmo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom