Class of 2016 - QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State

I dislike most of the schools he is allegedly considering but when he commits I hope it is anywhere but that school from NJ.
I also hope he doesn't commit to Florida or Alabama. I know that Washington is solid - and believe me, he absolutely is - but I still hate the prospect of his good friend winding up at one of Washington's other finalists, just in case...

You have nothing against VT?

They are one of the teams I hate the most in all of college sports. I hope that cesspool Blacksburg slides into a sink hole where it belongs... right after Brown commits to us.
Of the schools on his list I hate Rutgers more and Florida scares me that Haskins could convince Robert to Florida. Plus I wasn't alive when VT was our "big rival" not a team a root for but not a team I hate.

Haskins may make a decision this week, but their are other kids from team USA, such as the LB from Washington, and the DB from Texas, Neal, and Colon. These kids might come here, and they are all friends, so I wouldn't consider a decision this week for Haskins as the end.

Please go to VTech?

F TECH.

I want Brown bad, but if we lose out on him we still have Dungey/Long/Womack/whoever else we pick up.

Seriously, I don't want Tech or Rutgers to ever have recruitment victories of this size.

Randy Edsall ‏@RandyEdsall 3m3 minutes ago

MarylandPride!
1f422.png
The #DMVmovement continues!

Sounds like a laxative commercial.

I can't believe how well MD is recruiting. Oh wait, I forgot, Edsall is oh so charming and down to earth. I don't know how anyone can send their kid to play for him and Locksley. I need to go shower just typing their names. All the best to Haskins, of course, but...

Never underestimate how close the ties are between Under Armour & UMD. They run deep, and I would bet money that those ties influenced this decision.

I can't believe how well MD is recruiting. Oh wait, I forgot, Edsall is oh so charming and down to earth. I don't know how anyone can send their kid to play for him and Locksley. I need to go shower just typing their names. All the best to Haskins, of course, but...
Wasn't Locksley a walking recruiting violation?

Wasn't Locksley a walking recruiting violation?

yep, he may have been one of the worst head coaching hires in college football history, at New Mexico. recruiting violations, a sexual harassment suit against him, I believe he punched out an assistant coach. Oh, and he won 2(?) games in 2 years. He was dirty when he was an assistant at Illinois too. Just a really bad guy.

yep, he may have been one of the worst head coaching hires in college football history, at New Mexico. recruiting violations, a s e xual harassment suit against him, I believe he punched out an assistant coach. Oh, and he won 2(?) games in 2 years. He was dirty when he was an assistant at Illinois too. Just a really bad guy.
I remember when many here wanted Locksley to be hired instead of Marrone.

Never underestimate how close the ties are between Under Armour & UMD. They run deep, and I would bet money that those ties influenced this decision.

yea, bags of cash are very influential to a recruit.

I remember when many here wanted Locksley to be hired instead of Marrone.

Oh yeah, remember that list: Locksley, Holtz, Gill. I would say we made the right choice.

djorange1989 said:
Oh yeah, remember that list: Locksley, Holtz, Gill. I would say we made the right choice.

That wasn't the schools list. That was fans spitballing names against the wall.

Do we go after him now that edsall is gone?

Edsall isn't gone:

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN
Maryland statement: “Randy Edsall is our head football coach & he'll be on the sidelines Saturday against Ohio State”

upload_2015-10-8_12-48-33.gif 23m

Edsall isn't gone:

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN
Maryland statement: “Randy Edsall is our head football coach & he'll be on the sidelines Saturday against Ohio State”

View attachment 52447 23m
The article didn't say he would miss Ohio St. It said he would be fired after the loss to Ohio St. And the Maryland statement was hardly a endorsement for HCRE.

I'm in Denver with an MD alum who told me Edsall is pretty much gone after OSU they are waiting till the bye week to give the team 2 weeks to let the dust settle.

The article didn't say he would miss Ohio St. It said he would be fired after the loss to Ohio St. And the Maryland statement was hardly a endorsement for HCRE.
Yeah, this is something that obviously leaked before they wanted it to. They're making a statement they HAVE to make. For goodness sake, they're playing the #1 team in the country in two days, that's pretty much the worst possible time to officially make this move.

He'll be gone by Monday, I'm willing to bet.