Class of 2016 - QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State

Yeah, this is something that obviously leaked before they wanted it to. They're making a statement they HAVE to make. For goodness sake, they're playing the #1 team in the country in two days, that's pretty much the worst possible time to officially make this move.

He'll be gone by Monday, I'm willing to bet.
^^^ This

Leaked by Edsall? Sounds very McF'it like.

I wonder if Edsall goes to Rutgers when Flood is canned.

Edsall will be an NFL position coach next year. Nobody will turn over a P5 program to him again

Edsall will be an NFL position coach next year. Nobody will turn over a P5 program to him again
I agree, and he would be stupid to take a job like Rutgers. He needs to rebuild his career. Eventually head coach again at program where he can win and then start the climb again.

No way he is coming here. He took a look after RW committed but that was as far as it ever got.

I was checking out his R!va!s profile. Interest from essentially every single P5 school that matters. All offered, except Georgia. Georgia apparently hates him.

I'm not holding my breath.

I was checking out his R!va!s profile. Interest from essentially every single P5 school that matters. All offered, except Georgia. Georgia apparently hates him.

I'm not holding my breath either, but he could have told Babers thanks but no thanks. Instead, he's going to at least listen to SU's pitch at this late date. Good enough for me.

I'm not holding my breath either, but he could have told Babers thanks but no thanks. Instead, he's going to at least listen to SU's pitch at this late date. Good enough for me.

I was going to post "Why is Babers wasting his time?", but you make a valid point. Kid either has very gracious manners and doesn't want to offend anyone, or has some amount of interest in what Babers has to say.

That said, all signs point to a flip to OSU.

Guys, don't do this to yourselves. It's cool to see them turn over every rock but this just isn't happening.

I was going to post "Why is Babers wasting his time?", but you make a valid point. Kid either has very gracious manners and doesn't want to offend anyone, or has some amount of interest in what Babers has to say.

That said, all signs point to a flip to OSU.
Wasn't interested for a visit even when a friend committed, no chance.

georgia has 2 qb commits including the #1 QB.

of course there's no chance, but it's Dino Freaking Babers, if you're a QB you HAVE to listen LOL

Starting Quarterbacks under Dino

2015 Bowling Green
4946 yards
46 tds

2014 Bowling Green
3173 yards
15 tds

2013 Eastern Illinois
5050 yards
53 tds

2012 Eastern Illinois
3823 yards
31 tds

gotta love year 2

Syracuse last year 1833 yards passing and 18 TD's (dungey & mahoney)

I'm not holding my breath buy VERY happy to see Dino & staff reaching out to this kid. at a minimum he must be intrigued by our offense

Right, I feel the same way. If he'll listen, you pitch it all day long.

I'm just not holding my breath because I don't want to die.

The more programs and coaches Dino meets regardless of whether or not he truly has a shot at this kid (which I rate as no shot) the better. I spoke with the father of a kid SU was going after fairly hard before the kid dropped SU. Dino called him when he was hired and I was told that Dino came off extremely well. It did not change the kid's mind, but Dino has to make these calls and visits to build his brand awareness out there.

Source tells Scout that Syracuse is not visiting Dwayne Haskins and has no plans to meet with him. Happy with their QBs in 2016 class.