Class of 2020 - QB Eric Williams (FL) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Eric Williams (FL) Offered

I heard we got a commit from a duel-threat QB last week from Lake Wales, Fl. His name is Eric Williams.

Regardless of how this turns out, thanks for posting the "inside" info.

Here's an assessment from the article linked below -- FWIW, it sounds like he's got several D1 offers now, with the top one being from Temple:

Lake Wales at Largo - Lake Wales QB Eric Williams​
Lake Wales lost starting arm Chayil Garnett, an Auburn commitment, to area-power Lakeland High before the season began but Williams has helped the program to a 4-0 start (not including the win in the jamboree we saw) with an offense averaging well over 60 points per game to this point. A senior prospect, Williams first caught our attention on that rainy Friday night via his legs, where he rattled off multiple long runs versus a stout Largo defense led by a pair of ACC-bound linebackers. He stands a legit 6-foot-3 or so with long legs and a stride that helps him gain ground in a hurry. There is some savvy beyond the speed here, though, that makes him an intriguing floor candidate at another position should quarterback not work out at the FBS level. The lefty, who holds offers from Temple, Kent State and Eastern Kentucky at this time, can push the ball outside the numbers and play accurate despite limited attempts. Improving an elongated, yet condensed throwing motion could help Williams' stock rise on the recruiting trail.​

Regardless of how this turns out, thanks for posting the "inside" info.

Here's an assessment from the article linked below -- FWIW, it sounds like he's got several D1 offers now, with the top one being from Temple:

Lake Wales at Largo - Lake Wales QB Eric Williams​
Lake Wales lost starting arm Chayil Garnett, an Auburn commitment, to area-power Lakeland High before the season began but Williams has helped the program to a 4-0 start (not including the win in the jamboree we saw) with an offense averaging well over 60 points per game to this point. A senior prospect, Williams first caught our attention on that rainy Friday night via his legs, where he rattled off multiple long runs versus a stout Largo defense led by a pair of ACC-bound linebackers. He stands a legit 6-foot-3 or so with long legs and a stride that helps him gain ground in a hurry. There is some savvy beyond the speed here, though, that makes him an intriguing floor candidate at another position should quarterback not work out at the FBS level. The lefty, who holds offers from Temple, Kent State and Eastern Kentucky at this time, can push the ball outside the numbers and play accurate despite limited attempts. Improving an elongated, yet condensed throwing motion could help Williams' stock rise on the recruiting trail.​

Sounds good to me, we need bodies at the position and this feels like an under the radar prospect. Kinda similar to that QB prospect we got a few years ago very late in the process who ultimately didn't work out. I am fine with taking Williams and someone else and letting the chips fall where they may come August.

I watched his video. The young man has some slick moves running. Lefty thrower. Arm isn't a cannon but the ball makes it there. That can be developed. Seems like he has eyes in back of his head on a few plays. Is not shy about tucking and running. Interesting prospect. Agree if our former OC likes him...

he looks like the type of kid that always gives us fits.. is shifty running and doesnt look to over throw the ball but tries to time it to where it needs to be..

lefty QBs seldom look like they have a cannon for some reason, but he made 2-3 throws of 40-50 yds so he can get it out there when he wanted too.

if the kid is elusive then his passing doesnt need to be quite as good to still be effective

the Ithaca offer kid! a project but he looks talented. are you willing to donate a kidney if this info is wrong? would you run naked through the Vatican if this is bogus info? this is serious stuff, i need to know
Yes

HE tends to run away from players. Anyone have an idea what his 40 time is or did I miss something in this post?

Eric transferred from Winter Haven HS to take over at Lake Wales after their returning starting QB left to play at Lakeland.

Lake Wales is a really good program. Their starting RB is rated the wnd best RB in the country by some. They will have 7 or maybe 8 D1 recruits in this senior class, including players headed to Florida, UCF and Cincinnati.

He made 2nd team BCP, which looks like it includes Tampa, Clearwater and most of the area east and south, including Plant City, Lakeland and most of the area south and west of Orlando.

Threw for 2008 yards and 21 TDs and ran for 427 yards and 7 TDs on a team with many stars. Listed at 6’4, 185 pounds. That makes him a little light but he has a good frame and I think he will fill out pretty quickly.

His ability to cut, change direction, move around is really impressive. I haven’t seen many HS QBs that can move like he does. Has a good arm and nice throwing form. Looks pretty raw, and rarely throws from the pocket, and looks like he is most comfortable throwing on the run. Throw in his being left handed and he is, in many ways, the anti-Tommy Devito.

I think he could blow up and end up being a very good college QB. Worst case, he is big enough and athletic enough to play several other positions. I think it is a no brained to offer him. Hope the rumor he has verbaled here is true.

Eric transferred from Winter Haven HS to take over at Lake Wales after their returning starting QB left to play at Lakeland.

Lake Wales is a really good program. Their starting RB is rated the wnd best RB in the country by some. They will have 7 or maybe 8 D1 recruits in this senior class, including players headed to Florida, UCF and Cincinnati.

He made 2nd team BCP, which looks like it includes Tampa, Clearwater and most of the area east and south, including Plant City, Lakeland and most of the area south and west of Orlando.

Threw for 2008 yards and 21 TDs and ran for 427 yards and 7 TDs on a team with many stars. Listed at 6’4, 185 pounds. That makes him a little light but he has a good frame and I think he will fill out pretty quickly.

His ability to cut, change direction, move around is really impressive. I haven’t seen many HS QBs that can move like he does. Has a good arm and nice throwing form. Looks pretty raw, and rarely throws from the pocket, and looks like he is most comfortable throwing on the run. Throw in his being left handed and he is, in many ways, the anti-Tommy Devito.

I think he could blow up and end up being a very good college QB. Worst case, he is big enough and athletic enough to play several other positions. I think it is a no brained to offer him. Hope the rumor he has verbaled here is true.

This.

I don't know much about projecting next level potential from film, but I like this young man. He appears raw, but also seems elusive enough to make a lot of good things happen. He might even be skilled enough to have survived last year's OL.

I think having a dual threat option is paramount. Plus this guy has 2 seasons before battling for the QB job and if he's not good they can pursue other options in 2021 and 2022. at this point let's take a flyer.

if you take a QB that can throw OK but cant escape you have limited options in how the offense runs.. If you take a kid who throws OK but can escape/run you can create upside. Look at what Welch did, decent arm but could run a little and we moved the ball. this kid has way more upside running. if we had a couple of these kids on the bench if nothing else we can mix it up a little if we have to go to the 2-3-4 the guy on the bench for some reason.

What you cant have is marginal thrower/runners and thats what we seem to have been trying to live with, its the Mahoney/Welch guys that have done OK when forced to play minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom