Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) Verbal to Mississippi St [In Transfer Portal]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love where this thread is going

Watched this game last year, kid has guts, I wondered earlier this year I saw Mississippi State game or read something and saw that he was not on the 2 deep, wondered if he was hurt, now we know.

We need a dual threat QB. Hope Dino makes a pitch that he can start at QB next season.
I think the fact that SYR has already contacted his high school coach represents the change in philosophy Dino mentioned in Saturday's post-game presser. He realizes we need a dual-threat running QB to keep defenses honest and make defenses account for. A dual threat QB can make up for deficiencies in the Oline. The challenge is keeping a running QB on the field. We lost Dungey to injuries for 3 of his 4 years. I think if we kept him healthy we might have made an extra bowl or two.

I think the fact that SYR has already contacted his high school coach represents the change in philosophy Dino mentioned in Saturday's post-game presser. He realizes we need a dual-threat running QB to keep defenses honest and make defenses account for. A dual threat QB can make up for deficiencies in the Oline. The challenge is keeping a running QB on the field. We lost Dungey to injuries for 3 of his 4 years. I think if we kept him healthy we might have made an extra bowl or two.

Dungey also missed a little time his Senior year. That was the one year the team actually had nice depth at QB

Watched this game last year, kid has guts, I wondered earlier this year I saw Mississippi State game or read something and saw that he was not on the 2 deep, wondered if he was hurt, now we know.

I watched this game as well. It's not gutsy. There's another word I could use. Could have ended terribly.

Listed as a dual threat in HS to all those thinking Dino only wants pocket QB's. Also see Lamson not a pocket QB. Would be a very welcome addition to the team.

breaking-bad-gif-gus-fring-750404.gif.cf.gif

Game highlights against Kentucky. Scroll through to see his plays, as they show possessions for both teams. Some good, some not so good. Athletic, can run and extend plays. Held the ball way too long on one play, took a sack and fumbled. Threw an awful pass for a pick.

Game highlights against Kentucky. Scroll through to see his plays, as they show possessions for both teams. Some good, some not so good. Athletic, can run and extend plays. Held the ball way too long on one play, took a sack and fumbled. Threw an awful pass for a pick.

Held the ball and took a sack, one of the mainstays of our playbook!

I'm done with Oklahoma transfers.

(until the next one).

So true, Kid runs hard, plays hard, sure he looks like he has some bad throws and may hold the ball too long hoping to make a big play but that is the type of Qb that Syracuse needs. Dual threat athlete who is part RB part QB. Will spend 50-70% of his time compensating for subpar to horrible O Line play

His release is weird and he has marginal arm strength, but he can run and runs tough. Will bring some experience but keeping in mind Leach moved him to WR. Us reaching out to him shows how dire our situation is for next season.

Last edited:
Leach refuses to even have runs in his play book right now.. Not sure and dual threat will play for him.

His release is weird and he has marginal arm strength, but he can run and runs tough. Will bring some experience but keeping in mind Leach moved him to WR. Us reaching out to him shows how dire our situation is for next season.
May be an indicator of the 2 freshman

Nope. It's probably an indicator of the two three freshman. Other than Syracuse, they combined for one major off between them.

I doubt it's an indicator of 3 guys that have been in the program for 3 months, 1 of which that isn't even on scholarship. It's more likely an indicator that we have no upperclassman depth behind TD since Rex graduates and Summers is now a TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom