Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

We lost out on 2 QB recruits today. We have some sort of streak going. I don't see anyback up plan for a QB recruit.. Thanks coach martin. It's the "Gift" that keeps right on giving.
2 QB's? Are you talking about the Brown kid we didn't offer?

Some serious downer bs here. Take it somewhere else

2021: Lamson, CA is on campus, player rating .8552
2022: Belin, NY is going to Duke player rating .8494
uuummmm, we are talking about the current recruiting class which has no targeted QB commit. Lamson is last year and was not the #1 targeted QB. SU needs to have a QB in every class IMO. Plus I don't need to take it somewhere else!!

uuummmm, we are talking about the current recruiting class which has no targeted QB commit. Lamson is last year and was not the #1 targeted QB. SU needs to have a QB in every class IMO. Plus I don't need to take it somewhere else!!

No, we don't. Not in the Portal Era.

There's nothing magical about having a HS QB croot in every class.

It's easy enough these days to backfill with a transfer.
Who has some actual college experience, rather than just HS.

I think he’ll rally. Im as depressed about the situation as anyone but I just don’t see this being how it ends. I hope it’s not my blissful optimism getting the better of me

Love the optimism and I hope your right but personally I don't see it. This feels like a 3-5 win team with to many issues that carry over year to year and will probably be an issue again ie lack of depth, bad penalties, undisciplined play, horrific clock management, inability to stop the run etc. Hoping I am wrong but I suspect this is likely the last hurrah for Dino barring at least a .500 season.

Love the optimism and I hope your right but personally I don't see it. This feels like a 3-5 win team with to many issues that carry over year to year and will probably be an issue again ie lack of depth, bad penalties, undisciplined play, horrific clock management, inability to stop the run etc.
This, we go where the OL takes us. If there isn’t improvement it will be a long season

No, we don't. Not in the Portal Era.

There's nothing magical about having a HS QB croot in every class.

It's easy enough these days to backfill with a transfer.
Who has some actual college experience, rather than just HS.
Agree here. With the way this staff has recruited QB's out of HS, think they should focus on getting top QB transfers. Another advantage of it is then they already used their one-time transfer and you hopefully have them for a few years.

This, we go where the OL takes us. If there isn’t improvement it will be a long season

OL should be better and there is talent there (would be nice if we stopped losing guys before the season started though). If we can stay mostly healthy on the OL that would go a long way to getting some semblance of a normal offense or at least what we saw from the passing game the first few years versus the last two. I just hope if the OL does hold up we actually go back to the short passing game and for the love of god throw over the middle.

Agree here. With the way this staff has recruited QB's out of HS, think they should focus on getting top QB transfers. Another advantage of it is then they already used their one-time transfer and you hopefully have them for a few years.

With Lamson on campus and Shrader(spelling) and the two frosh from last year plus Devito, a top QB target isn't a must this year, however, were in year 5 now of Dino losing out on his top QB target, that takes a major toll on a program like SU who isn't gonna get elite QB transfers like Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami etc. One of the reasons Dino is in the position he's in is because the QB play outside of Dungey has been brutal save for some flashes by Devito who clearly has been hurt by the O-line struggles and issues at WR.

OL should be better and there is talent there (would be nice if we stopped losing guys before the season started though). If we can stay mostly healthy on the OL that would go a long way to getting some semblance of a normal offense or at least what we saw from the passing game the first few years versus the last two. I just hope if the OL does hold up we actually go back to the short passing game and for the love of god throw over the middle.
I agree with all of this, well said

With Lamson on campus and Shrader(spelling) and the two frosh from last year plus Devito, a top QB target isn't a must this year, however, were in year 5 now of Dino losing out on his top QB target, that takes a major toll on a program like SU who isn't gonna get elite QB transfers like Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami etc. One of the reasons Dino is in the position he's in is because the QB play outside of Dungey has been brutal save for some flashes by Devito who clearly has been hurt by the O-line struggles and issues at WR.

You nailed it, I'll always wonder what happened with the QB recruiting if Dino doesn't end up working out.

Man, it is disappointing to lose on a guy they've been on for so long. I hope this year is at least average, I am losing my eternal optimism.

You nailed it, I'll always wonder what happened with the QB recruiting if Dino doesn't end up working out.
I could be way off base here, but IF Dino is shown the door, IMHO it would take a recognizable NAME coach to bring in the talent to take us to the next level. I am talking aboud spending money for a hot coach that every kid wants to play for. I may have said this incorrectly, don mean to step on toes, but I think most of you can catch my drift.

I could be way off base here, but IF Dino is shown the door, IMHO it would take a recognizable NAME coach to bring in the talent to take us to the next level. I am talking aboud spending money for a hot coach that every kid wants to play for. I may have said this incorrectly, don mean to step on toes, but I think most of you can catch my drift.
Is there enough money to buy him out AND hire a big time coach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom