Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

You were saying their class looks a lot like ours. How so? They owned their own turf (I repeat 7of their states top 10...excluding one they didn't offer and one they are waiting on) . We took a big dump in NYS. Stole two from our own state. WE currently have 14 commits... they have 23., We have already have 2 decommits. I am still very high on what we have brought in at this point but we are not currently on equal footing with Minnesota imo. Not like ours at all.

Umm someone defending Monroe said there class was ranked #14. I said their class was a lot like ours. All 3 star recruits and 1 four. They have 23 (which I noted) and that’s why their class is ranked so high. If we had 23 three star kids right now we’d be ranked in the top 25. We’re 34 right now with only 15. So yeah their volume of three star kids looks a lot like our class.

If you want to argue they are better because, as a state flagship U, they can recruit well in their state knock yourself out. Every state school does. Big deal.

Last edited:
I don't mean this as my level of expectations or anything, but watching his film, just stylistically, especially the way he runs, he reminds me a lot of a young, skinny McNabb.
Donovan McNabb was 6'2". LaNorriss Sellers is 6'2.5". Are we really worried that a JR in HS is 6'1.5"?

Watching his video, reminds me also of a 17 year old Don McNabb.

Hard to draw conclusions from practice highlights. But his throws are not just accurate ... the motion is effortless. The ball jumps off his hand. Excited to see what this young man can do next year.
Can you imagine him with someone like Beck teaching him? Redshirt sophomore year could be special.

I love how he always shouts out Jaimie. That tells you he feels like apart of the family. You can tell the becks really embrace the QBs Jason coaches. Really cool and by the way this kid is a STUD. Physically he will be ready day 1. I’m excited to see him compete with our other SEC caliber guys we have in the QB room.

I just learned that he’ll be playing 3.5 miles from my house on September 22nd.

Hope to see him then. :)
You know we all will be expecting a full blown article on his progress.

Yup. These sites need to put the rating history for each player on their sites. Who did the rating, when was it done and preferably a mandatory comment to explain why the rating was changed.

Be transparent. No need to provide cover for the people that use player ratings for propaganda. Rate the players based on what they can do, not who they end up choosing as their college.

I know these sites are not doing very well financially. If they were better run, and had some credibility, they would have a lot more subscribers and make a lot more money.
I agree with sutomcat here and have posted about the rating sites lack of and disparate information in a previous post.

When I do evaluations I check the following sites:

HUDL

Max Preps

On3

Rivals

Twitter (which is posted by the recruit)

To determine 40 yard dash and more:

Athletic. Net (track and field)

Results: usually not one site has the same information as another. Sometimes the HT & WT can be 5” and 20 lbs off. HUDL I have found is the most legitimate but sometimes they have little information.

For my use I would like the following information on a rating website.

Name

School

Year of Graduation

Rating

Position(s)

Height

Weight

Hand Size

40 Yard dash time

100M dash time

5-10-5 Shuttle

Bench Press

Squat

Vertical Jump

Broad Jump

I imagine this information is accumulated online or should be and they could use my information as a template and provided by the coach of each player. These sites, I will grant, have thousands of players to list and take film of so if the player does not have a 40 yard dash time the site could list N/A.

UPDATE 7/9/23 - SEE HUDL BELOW

COMMITTED> 6/25/23
JAKHARI WILLIAMS 2024 FIRST PRESBYTERIAN DAY, MACON, GA # 2 6' 3" 190/ DUAL THREAT QB / 2,384 YDS PASS, 21 TDS, 11 INT 60% COMP> AVG
171 CARRIES FOR 1,018 YDS RUSH 14 TDS /HUDL NOW LISTS HIS 40 YARD DASH TIME @ 4.5 OTHER INFO- HAND SIZE 10"/ 5-10-5 SHUTTLE 4.21/ 30.7 VJ/ HJ 6'2"/ 41'.025" TRIPLE JUMP

14975256_59935323ea3a4ac0a0aaf8b9dbe61938.JPG

ASSETS PER JUNIOR SEASON HUDL FILM:

VERY HIGH FB !Q
VERY ELUSIVE/QUICK

GREAT VISION
THROWS THE BALL WELL AND EASILY 50 YARDS
EXC JUKES FAKES/BREAKS DEFENSES ANKLES
EXCELLENT BALL FAKES TO RB EITHER GIVES IT OR PULLS IT AT THE LAST MINUTE AND RUNS IT
NEEDS TO ADD WEIGHT AND MUSCLE

EXCELLENT ATHLETE/GREAT GET!
THIS STAFF IS "ON" THIS CYCLE

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023

Q

t

Attachments

• 1688941782548.gif
    1688941782548.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 62
He got Dohngraded ?
I’m guessing 247 led the charge on downgrading him
yup, as could be safety assumed. He's now rated 87 and a 3 star on 247.

He got Dohngraded ?
I’m guessing 247 led the charge on downgrading him
I’m all for blowing up Dohn’s spot but 247 has always had him as an 87. Must’ve been one of the other sites that dropped his rating

I’m all for blowing up Dohn’s spot but 247 has always had him as an 87. Must’ve been one of the other sites that dropped his rating
Most of the downgrading of our recruits this cycle has happened at Rivals.