Class of 2022 - QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina

For those that doesn’t know, David Dunn is the HC of Lincoln HS, which is in Spring Valley, CA, just outside of San Diego.

It is where SU target QB Jalen Daniel’s attends HS. It is clear Dino has made Jalen a major priority. Let’s see what happens over the next month or so.
I really liked Jalen's tape and thought he fit in well.

I’m in San Diego, I’ll ask Dino what he’s doing here if I see him.
When you see him, can you ask if he plans to incorporate more play action and start throwing to the Tight End? Asking for a friend.

Like his size, arm and mechanics. Seems to be able to throw deep with touch, over the middle with zip and on the run,

Not much on mobility, that long TD run looked like he had a piano on his back.

Hard to get much more out of that tape.

Look at our WR development...
What progress did Shrader and Devito make?
Play calling/clock management...
You think Jalen would come here?

Look at our WR development...
What progress did Shrader and Devito make?
Play calling/clock management...
You think Jalen would come here?

Was going to comment something similar.

Devito certainly didn’t get better

Shrader looked better before the bye week and regressed.

Would be concerning for me if I was a QB recruit.

Still hope we can grab the kid tho. He looks like the real deal

Because DeVito never had "it." He was a workout kid, blessed with big arm talent who looked great in shorts, doing drills with no live pass rush. In pads, playing at full game speed, he didn't have the chops and his poor instincts negated the arm talent.

Devito never played well when pressured, apparently even in HS. I know everyone will laugh but Garropolo was nothing until Dino and Gilbert got there and helped him develop and Jimmy G. has basically said that.

Because DeVito never had "it." He was a workout kid, blessed with big arm talent who looked great in shorts, doing drills with no live pass rush. In pads, playing at full game speed, he didn't have the chops and his poor instincts negated the arm talent.
Which was obvious to any/all objective observers since the 2018 ND game. Wayne Gretzky used to talk about a player's "threshold of panic" as an important indicator of player success. Devito's was nonexistent.

Which was obvious to any/all objective observers since the 2018 ND game. Wayne Gretzky used to talk about a player's "threshold of panic" as an important indicator of player success. Devito's was nonexistent.

Agreed. And pointing this out objectively isn't throwing shade on DeVito. He just didn't pan out.

We haven't don't a good job development wise of talent since Doug

Jalen's dad even re-tweeted an Etan Thomas tweet about Jesse Edwards. Sounds like if he's a take, he's ours!

I’m probably being naive but —and this is not a shot at you — why wouldn’t he be a take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom