Class of 2016 - QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jamie Newman (NC) Verbal to Wake

He must have fallen for the negative recruiting they are known for. This seems very strange to me.

I was told that he was very high on Syracuse and wanted to visit next month. Could it be that the staff is only taking one QB and that person has already told the staff he is committing?

I was told that he was very high on Syracuse and wanted to visit next month. Could it be that the staff is only taking one QB and that person has already told the staff he is committing?
Or maybe Haskins is one of the 2?

Wake got themselves a dam good QB. I think some big boys schools will end up going to come after this kid. I'll be curiously watching to see if he sticks.

Wake got themselves a dam good QB. I think some big boys schools will end up going to come after this kid. I'll be curiously watching to see if he sticks.
I was really hoping we could land him if we didn't get Brown. Honestly, watching his film I thought he might be a little ahead of Brown right now, to be honest.

Have to think they would take all the help they could get at QB.

Isn't Newman the kid that stated playing close to home was an important factor? Maybe that's why he committed to WF before he even visited here.

Noexcuse said:
Or maybe Haskins is one of the 2?

We have absolutely no shot with Haskins. Pipe dream x2

If you remove the Clemson and Syracuse games, Newman had an excellent season at Wake.

I'm not sure if the coaching staff wants to make Sam Hartman QB1 in 2020 or if Newman just wants a change of scenery but this is a pretty big loss.

Maybe one of the schools who missed out on Fortin will grab him. Not thinking us but maybe Vandy or Kansas, since he would walk right in and start.

Someone's going to get a really good player. There were reports he might go pro at one point.

Definitely not leaving a starting job at Wake to come maybe start for us. Just hoping he leaves the ACC...

If you remove the Clemson and Syracuse games, Newman had an excellent season at Wake.

I'm not sure if the coaching staff wants to make Sam Hartman QB1 in 2020 or if Newman just wants a change of scenery but this is a pretty big loss.
Hartman's obviously the future - so Newman and Bowers are looking at backup roles. He's not quite as big as Newman but he's faster and ripped our secondary up for 350 in barely 3 quarters.

Last edited:
Definitely not leaving a starting job at Wake to come maybe start for us. Just hoping he leaves the ACC...
Yeah...he isnt coming here and he is very very good. Hope he goes away from the ACC for sure.

Seems weird that he is transferring. Am I missing something here?

He graduated and can be eligible immediately elsewhere.

Reactions: gbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom