QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

College sports
japan hello GIF

The lesson for now is to knock it off with developmental kids. Makes no sense to pull anyone in who doesn’t have an immediate role or will take years to build. Portal is full of kids with tape and some experience that we can learn from. That had to be a focus for a program like ours

This was the one that I was worried would transfer. I doubt anyone QB of quality would want to transfer in and compete for the QB2 role. Sucks.

This was the one that I was worried would transfer. I doubt anyone QB of quality would want to transfer in and compete for the QB2 role. Sucks.
Look at how many QBs are in the portal, I am sure there are more quality players than there are available starting jobs, SU is far from the only school with an established QB1

The lesson for now is to knock it off with developmental kids. Makes no sense to pull anyone in who doesn’t have an immediate role or will take years to build. Portal is full of kids with tape and some experience that we can learn from. That had to be a focus for a program like ours

Agree 100% bring in kids ready to start, use the portal and stop the attempt to develop in this day and age that approach no longer works!

I also wonder if GS is going to put himself on the line as much this year; whether it’s schemed in for him to not run as much and/or he actively tries not to.

I know from him (he told my buddy) he thinks he can get drafted in the 2nd round and that’s the goal. In order for that to happen he needs to play the season and in general not run as much.

Our Spring game was there for coaches to watch. Have a feeling one of them saw something he liked.

We are far from the only program with a locked in starter this year. I counted about 80-85 QBs in the portal that don’t have a new home, obviously some won’t be good enough and some won’t fit the system but there should be enough with plenty of eligibility left who can be convinced to come here under Beck and compete for QB2 this year and QB1 next. Wish Lamson stayed, don’t get me wrong, but gotta move on and get a solid portal kid in here

Its truly become hard to be a fan of College sports... I've watched more Non rev sports because they aren't as tampered and messed up as football and Bball. Thank god for Pro sports lol
I gave up on pro sports on a slow slide over the last 25 years. College sports are going the same direction. It’s obvious I’m not their target audience for a fan.

This ticks me off. Here’s a kid who blows out his knee and SU takes care of the surgery and rehab and now he jumps ship. I would send the kid a nice, big fat medical bill. This is BS.

I really wish this kid stayed and our depth is disturbing.

But the belief without evidence in Lamson’s ability on this board seems off the charts.

Time will tell if it was correct.
There was a love affair with Matt Hale on this board which is similar to Lamson. Kid looked the part but was more Cortland material. Never understood the love affair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom