QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

Because of his scary eyes?...
th

Curious where he goes. I thought he was going to be QB3 this year because Shrader and CDRW are a lot closer in skillset than Shrader and JL. Not to say CDRW is better than JL or vice versa, but scheme wise it seems easier to replace Shrader with CDRW if an injury occurs.

I hate to lose anyone, but much like the basketball board, let’s see where we’re at come fall. Best case scenario (we’re Syracuse fans so LOL), we were never going to see JL this year anyway, but we know how that goes
I don’t think that factors in to naming QB2, because there is much more to the offense if it is run right than relying on QB runs.

I was hoping Beck had offered this kid while he was at UVA(he didn’t) but Tahj Bullock is a Jersey kid who we offered back in 2020, big athletic kid who bailed from Va Tech. RS sophomore. He played a little bit in the Pinstripe in 2021 but that appears to be it

On what basis? He has zero game snaps. He’s coming off of a major knee injury.
The knee injury is not a factor now other than lost playing time last year.

Sorry but if he was that good he would have solidified himself as the number 2 QB. He didn't, so the staff after watching him for 2 years didn't make the call for him to be the backup
Hope he finds a good landing spot, but he wasn't going to be a savior if Garrett gets hurt.
No need to be sorry. I never said that he was a savior when Garrett inevitability gets hurt. We don’t know how it went down with the staff. For all we know, the staff may have not named a clear number two in hopes of keeping one of the two backups from portallng and it blew up in their face. I was just hopeful that Lamson was better than CDRW. In the little bit that I’ve seen him play, I haven’t been impressed.

No need to be sorry. I never said that he was a savior when Garrett inevitability gets hurt. We don’t know how it went down with the staff. For all we know, the staff may have not named a clear number two in hopes of keeping one of the two backups from portallng and it blew up in their face. I was just hopeful that Lamson was better than CDRW. In the little bit that I’ve seen him play, I haven’t been impressed.
Kind of funny how speculation becomes gospel here. No one knows how this went down with the staff and his motivation for leaving. Yet apparently he was passed over on the depth chart and his only transfer option is SUNY Canton.

The lesson for now is to knock it off with developmental kids. Makes no sense to pull anyone in who doesn’t have an immediate role or will take years to build. Portal is full of kids with tape and some experience that we can learn from. That had to be a focus for a program like ours
I say we go the opposite way in the portal.

Grab the guys that were super highly rated out of highschool that went to a factory and have little to no tape.

I think that is highly possible what you say above that about trying a message that would hopefully keep both. A coach has to thread the needle on some of these things, especially with teenage personalities and maturity levels. As Tom said hopefully this decision is not final yet.

I say we go the opposite way in the portal.

Grab the guys that were super highly rated out of highschool that went to a factory and have little to no tape.
Tape meaning spring games, mop ups and the broader clarity on what happened at the school. Buried on a depth chart versus attitude versus whatever else. That stuff is all known once they’re in a college system.

Because a guy that might be our QB3 entered the portal at the last minute?

What about all the HS guys on the 2 deep we have developed?

Just say goodbye to all of them?
In this era they’d leave so yeah.

Recovery from knee injuries is more the norm than the exception.
The dude doesn’t have a live action football snap since like before Covid and is coming off an injury. Best of look shopping that around.

The dude doesn’t have a live action football snap since like before Covid and is coming off an injury. Best of look shopping that around.
Lol. I am not doing the shopping and I already mentioned his lost playing time. I am saying his knee will not be his issue.
So can I assume you think Garret Williams shouldn’t have been drafted then?

unreal. This is why we need to recruit 25% or greater from the portal so kids that come in cant leave as easily.
Our program should be built grabbing portal transfers from top tier programs that have 2 or 3 years of eligibility. I’d say 50%+ of our roster.

Kind of funny how speculation becomes gospel here. No one knows how this went down with the staff and his motivation for leaving. Yet apparently he was passed over on the depth chart and his only transfer option is SUNY Canton.
He's so good they are going to restart their program.

Because other Big Boy teams (not Syracuse) usually have four quarterbacks. Not three quarterbacks and a tight end that “could” play quarterback. The portal is taking and not so much giving.

Garrett Shrader gets to play when he can barely walk or his arm is falling off. Who in their right mind feels like they have a fair opportunity to compete behind that? If CDRW is the second guy getting first team reps it makes sense. This has to be because hes clear cut 3rd string.

He might be going to be 3rd string somewhere else for all we know I can't imagine anyone makes him the starter in the fall at the FBS level or even backup with a chance to win the job. Shrader gets hurt every year and CDRW missed a ton of throws when he got a shot this is probably a mistake why not wait a year and leave next spring if you aren't the starter the clock isn't even ticking on his eligibility hes getting last year back no matter what.

Bad couple of days for us when it comes to RB and QB we coddled Tucker so he could go undrafted despite having an awesome backup and lost a very promising QB. The staff has to do better on these things. We definitely don't have anyone as good as Allen as 2nd string this year and if Shrader or CDRW are out we have noone behind them McPhail isn't a realistic option.

He's gonna start this year, just for someone else.

Just objectively speaking, that's not very likely unless he really steps down a level in competition. It's hard to come in and pick up a whole new playbook, develop chemistry with your teammates, and then start in just a summer camp. Unless you are a lot better than your comp. I mean, he has never started a game, has he?

unreal. This is why we need to recruit 25% or greater from the portal so kids that come in cant leave as easily.
Watch us do exactly that and then the rules will change allowing unlimited transfers.

Garrett Shrader gets to play when he can barely walk or his arm is falling off. Who in their right mind feels like they have a fair opportunity to compete behind that? If CDRW is the second guy getting first team reps it makes sense. This has to be because hes clear cut 3rd string.

He might be going to be 3rd string somewhere else for all we know I can't imagine anyone makes him the starter in the fall at the FBS level or even backup with a chance to win the job. Shrader gets hurt every year and CDRW missed a ton of throws when he got a shot this is probably a mistake why not wait a year and leave next spring if you aren't the starter the clock isn't even ticking on his eligibility hes getting last year back no matter what.

Bad couple of days for us when it comes to RB and QB we coddled Tucker so he could go undrafted despite having an awesome backup and lost a very promising QB. The staff has to do better on these things. We definitely don't have anyone as good as Allen as 2nd string this year and if Shrader or CDRW are out we have noone behind them McPhail isn't a realistic option.
What does your response have to do with my post?

All I was saying is that we shouldn’t be losing a quarterback who could very well play this year, even if he is the third man up (see Jacobian Morgan three years ago). I can’t see Lamson leaving if he does not have a chance to start at some point in the season at another school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom