Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited games I’ve seen I’m not sold on him. Of course, would be a huge get but still.
Completing 66% of his passes. 24 TDs to 6 INTs.

Sure he had the best WRs in the country, but we would presumedly keep OG. Plus we have Villari and a boat load of new talent coming in. He would kill it here against our schedule next year.

Completing 66% of his passes. 24 TDs to 6 INTs.

Sure he had the best WRs in the country, but we would presumedly keep OG. Plus we have Villari and a boat load of new talent coming in. He would kill it here against our schedule next year.
Yeah light schedule, some tough defenses in conference but most of what we face next year isn’t the 85 Bears. I agree. I think he’d a really good fit.

He has real connections and knows what he’s talking about. So if he posted something, probably something to it.
Hey I’d love for it to be us and hopefully will be but just saying because he posts a picture of McCord doesn’t mean it’s us. He does a lot of national and specifically Big 10/Rutgers stuff as well as Jersey. Yes he likes like 1 or 2 of the comments that has on them under McCord but there were about 30 comments saying Orange.

If you look at the guy’s account other than the last 2 days it’s all kinds of college football news but all the Jersey to SU hype has taken it over in the last day and makes him look like a Syracuse guy.

McCord is supposedly visiting Nebraska tomorrow and they are the presumed leader which is pertinent info to put out there whether it breaks up this Cuse party that is taking place on his feed or not.

The Let him visit Nebraska. Good for him.
If Fran wants him and we can be in the NIL ballpark then I’d expect us to get a visit too.

Maybe he wants to stay in the B1G bc he’s familiar with defenses. It looks like 3 or 4 common opponents from ‘23 OSU to ‘24 Nebraska. Plus Nebraska plays at OSU.

If I were advising a QB like this I would have him visit multiple schools for the NIL leverage alone. But man we offer a much more exciting opportunity than Nebraska

I started in Late '70's myself, subscribed to all the recruiting newsletters, Tom Lemming's along with others, started out with the Warner, Hurley, Monk Morris years over the radio, then the incredible McPherson and Pasqualoni years and the the terrible Robinson years and mediocrity with Babers. I could be on the edge of tears with more of these top commitments. Had season tickets from late 80's as a student and just gave them up last year.
Are you going to get seasons this year? Hate to see you miss out on this after going through all the tough times.

Hey I’d love for it to be us and hopefully will be but just saying because he posts a picture of McCord doesn’t mean it’s us. He does a lot of national and specifically Big 10/Rutgers stuff as well as Jersey. Yes he likes like 1 or 2 of the comments that has on them under McCord but there were about 30 comments saying Orange.

If you look at the guy’s account other than the last 2 days it’s all kinds of college football news but all the Jersey to SU hype has taken it over in the last day and makes him look like a Syracuse guy.

McCord is supposedly visiting Nebraska tomorrow and they are the presumed leader which is pertinent info to put out there whether it breaks up this Cuse party that is taking place on his feed or not.

He's visiting Nebraska tomorrow? As in mid-week? Would that leave room for a Syracuse visit this weekend?

this is so 2023, but if he is liking cuse stuff on Twitter, you have to imagine he has interest no? I am really hoping he visits. This would be a statement pickup. It would be great to know our starting QB sooner then later.

this is so 2023, but if he is liking cuse stuff on Twitter, you have to imagine he has interest no? I am really hoping he visits. This would be a statement pickup. It would be great to know our starting QB sooner then later.
He hasn't liked any Cuse stuff on twitter based on a quick glance

Head and shoulders better than any QB currently on the roster. Not sure this is gonna happen but I wouldn’t hate McCord as the starter, bring in the kid from Holy Cross and have him/Del Rio Wilson/Davis and Williams battle it out for the back up spot. If McCord comes here he’ll have more than enough weapons, trust me. Not OSU level obviously, but he’ll have playmakers. Biggest thing would be that we need to find enough quality lineman to protect him.

He hasn't liked any Cuse stuff on twitter based on a quick glance
I don’t have Twitter myself so not sure just apparently someone said they saw that earlier in this thread. Classic telephone game lol

If donors are going in that’s a great thing. McCord can probably get $500k/yr at this market. Top guys like Ward easily $1m+. If we are bringing in a QB near his level via the portal it’s going to cost a pretty penny. I would look for a guy of his caliber and then maybe the UB guy for insurance while the recruits get ready for next year. Muschmap seems like the type of QB Fran is looking for. Someone smart with the ball and can make some plays when they are there.

If our donors step up and land McCord that would be amazing. Something I didn't think was possible. If we are moving to a pro-style offense with a lot of play-action he would be an amazing fit. Assuming our OL would be fixed I don't see a reason why we couldn't start talking about the top 3 in ACC. A leader like this on offense would do so much and would help even more to build the hype on what is going on here.

To be fair, he hasn't liked ANYTHING since his portal announcement. He's going dark (probably the right move for NIL negotiations and whats at stake)
He hasn't. This thread has Bourbon, Sam Elliot, that guy from Enterprise, and heartache written all over it... ;-)

I mean, that worked out kinda awesome, so you never know.

I mean, Football wise I feel like we stack up and potentially exceed Nebraska. NIL wise not sure, but the fact he's visiting "lowly" Nebraska at least makes me feel like he'd consider Syracuse
Head and shoulders better than any QB currently on the roster. Not sure this is gonna happen but I wouldn’t hate McCord as the starter, bring in the kid from Holy Cross and have him/Del Rio Wilson/Davis and Williams battle it out for the back up spot. If McCord comes here he’ll have more than enough weapons, trust me. Not OSU level obviously, but he’ll have playmakers. Biggest thing would be that we need to find enough quality lineman to protect him.
Sluka from Holy Cross is not going anywhere as a backup.

I don’t want to be a downer, but have we seen anything from him indicating he has interest in SU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom