Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone remembers this OSU QB transfer (Pete Prather) under Maloney.
Let us pray it's not a Pete Prather situation:

I know. I'm dating myself.
Well, no one else will. (I'll see myself out)
why are we doing this...

Tons of tweets by them saying how much of a downgrade this is for him and a career killer. Typical smugness. I get it, OSU is a blue blood but talking like Syracuse is like an FCS school drives me nuts.
Nothing will change that except consistent winning.

Reactions: 007
Seems like his teammates all liked kyle. There's been a lot of garbage posted the past few days about him.

1000006431.jpg

Some people will say “ well he had the best Wr in the country” he is definitely not as good as Stroud but looking at Kyle’s stats compared to Strouds in 2022 the only difference is Egbuka. He accounted for 1000 receiving yards out of Strouds 3600. Egbuka only had 450 5 TD’s this year. For some reason McCord didnt get on the same page with him. Is that all on McCord? Egbuka, game planning, scheming should share some blame as well. Can’t all be on Kyle

Last edited:
Some people will say “ well he had the best Wr in the country” he is definitely not as good as Stroud but looking at Kyle’s stats compared to Strouds in 2022 the only difference is Egbuka. He accounted for 1000 receiving yards out of Strouds 3600. Egbuka only had 450 5 TD’s this year. For some reason McCord did get on the same page with him. Is that all on McCord? Egbuka, game planning, scheming should share some blame as well. Can’t all be on Kyle
Egbuka had a big drop in the Michigan game early … he hasn’t looked the same this season.

Some people will say “ well he had the best Wr in the country” he is definitely not as good as Stroud but looking at Kyle’s stats compared to Strouds in 2022 the only difference is Egbuka. He accounted for 1000 receiving yards out of Strouds 3600. Egbuka only had 450 5 TD’s this year. For some reason McCord did get on the same page with him. Is that all on McCord? Egbuka, game planning, scheming should share some blame as well. Can’t all be on Kyle
Per my OSU friends their oline wasn’t nearly as good this season either. Who knows?

Egbuka missed three games this season with an injury and wasn't nearly as effective in the games after he came back.

Egbuka had injury issues this year. IMO, not McCord’s fault. Egbuka toughed out a lot of games.

McCord has a grand total of 13 career starts. I'm going to make the crazy statement that players actually get better with experience. By the way, the second interception in the Michigan game was with 24 seconds left and he got hit as he threw the ball.
My thinking too. He is very likely to get better next year. His first year starting and his numbers were very solid.

We're not doing this. It's a sarcasm font post (although it did actually happen).
McCord is a Fran Brown Xmas present with a big Buckeye bow on it.
Carry on smartly fellow Orangepeople.
Prather comes in the game against ranked Maryland after both Hurley and Farneski, a frosh qb from New Jersey get hurt. He leads us to two td's and never plays again at QB

Some people will say “ well he had the best Wr in the country” he is definitely not as good as Stroud but looking at Kyle’s stats compared to Strouds in 2022 the only difference is Egbuka. He accounted for 1000 receiving yards out of Strouds 3600. Egbuka only had 450 5 TD’s this year. For some reason McCord didnt get on the same page with him. Is that all on McCord? Egbuka, game planning, scheming should share some blame as well. Can’t all be on Kyle
And next season he’ll have the best TE in the country and a top 10 RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors