Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Realized I had not evaluated LaNorris, Apologies. COMMITTED &

La NORRIS SELLERS 2023 COMMIT SO. FLORENCE HS, FLORENCE, SC
#16 QB **** 6' 3" 215/ GPA 4.95/4.56 40/ BP 270/ SQ 470/ CL 270

THE LATEST ON OUR QB COMMIT: OCTOBER 7, 2022
Scott Chancey
FLORENCE, S.C. -- South Florence quarterback LaNorris Sellers passed for 425 yards and eight touchdowns during Friday's first two quarters in the top-ranked Bruins' 63-0 homecoming win over No. 9 Wilson on Friday night.

Sellers also rushed for a score.

Coach Drew Marlowe's Bruins set the tone from their first offensive play when Sellers completed a TD pass to Evin Singletary. Singletary, during the first half, caught five passes for 209 yards.
Sellers, a Syracuse commit, did all this in front of Orange coach Dino Babers, who attended Friday's game at Bruin Stadium.

And Sellers' brother Jayden, who also received an offer from Syracuse, had three catches for 65 yards and two TDs before halftime.

12832781_e0da5a8d385e4466a2a8c33fa7e1c344.jpg

Final total for LaNorris 4,286YDS 62TDS

Temper expectations here, lot's of smoke that he's leaning toward South Carolina.
Hopefully we can hold onto him. Part of getting these great recruits, others want them. Gotta believe Beck moving to OC and likely retaining QB responsibility plus GS having only one more year gives us an edge here. It’s been established Beck and Seller family are close. Carolina is still looking for an OC and are coming in last second. Rattler also has 2 years. Carolina is close to home though. Hopefully we retain, the guy is a player.

Jeremy is referring to interview on Wakeup Call with Dan Tortora

- 60/40 to Cuse
- Losing both Anae and Jones White gave him pause
- Will enroll early
- South Carolina going hard at him
- App St and Coastal Carolina also involved
Should announce on early signing day
- Not afraid of competition but willing to sit behind Garret Shrader and learn
- Surprised to me: Anae hasn't offered him to come to NCSt.

Last edited:

- 60/40 to Cuse
- Losing both Anae and Jones gave him pause
- Will enroll early
Interesting, thanks for clarifying. Edit: I read Dino and Beck traveled down to see him supposedly within the last couple days. I would guess to calm concerns and show there is alignment. I would think they would make one more trip down before the 21st.

- 60/40 to Cuse
- Will enroll early

who's Jones ?

- 60/40 to Cuse
- Will enroll early
Meanwhile, South Carolina doesn't even have an OC.

LaNorris has no idea what scheme the new guy is going to run, no idea if he will be compatible with the new guy, no idea if the new guy will bring in his own QB to take over the show...

If he wants to have a degree of comfort over who is going to be coaching him, what scheme he is going to be playing and whether the OC is truly committed to him, there is only place choice to make here.

How is 60/40 Cuse leaning towards USC?

That's what he said in the radio interview today, I have heard rumblings before that and think at best its the opposite. He's essentially decommitted at this point and weighing his options.

Coaches make
Interesting, thanks for clarifying. Edit: I read Dino and Beck traveled down to see him supposedly within the last couple days. I would guess to calm concerns and show there is alignment. I would think they would make one more trip down before the 21st.
Coaches make in-homes for commits and prospect this time of year. Not just Sellers.

That's what he said in the radio interview today, I have heard rumblings before that and think at best its the opposite. He's essentially decommitted at this point and weighing his options.

So he essentially lied to both Leiker and McAllister.

So he essentially lied to both Leiker and McAllister.

Its a pro Syracuse interviewer, not exactly shocking that he's going to lean toward us when speaking to Leiker and McAllister. Again, he went from I am a full Syracuse to commit to now 60/40. He's a SC kid whose dream school is SC and SC is now pursuing him as their #1 QB recruit. I don't think you have to be Nostradomus or Paul Finebaum to know how this is trending.

Its a pro Syracuse interviewer, not exactly shocking that he's going to lean toward us when speaking to Leiker and McAllister. Again, he went from I am a full Syracuse to commit to now 60/40. He's a SC kid whose dream school is SC and SC is now pursuing him as their #1 QB recruit. I don't think you have to be Nostradomus or Paul Finebaum to know how this is trending.
It’s like deja vu, Michael Vick recruitment all over again. Not to mention a Beamer is the HC of the other school he is trending towards.

South Carolina doesn’t have an offensive coordinator. He has a long term relationship with Beck. If he flips we have done everything possible to hang on to him so no regrets. Would love to get this kid but with CDW and Lamson SU is still in decent shape. Plus if we lose Seller there is a certain QB from Penn State looking for a home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom