Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

There isn’t a team at my level of the sport if they are playing qb6. Seems like you have. Compulsion to just dump poison and pile on for no good reason
To be fair, Syracuse was on QB 6 a few times during the Scott years.

Flutie started out as QB 6 for BC may years ago to.

But yes, very very unlikely to ever get to that point

If I'm SU and the kid flips I make it known subtly through tweets tomorrow and ruin the "splash" of his selection ceremony.
That is petty. You tell the kid that you understand the pull of the home team. But, you remind him that we were always there for him and we will continue to be, because we believe in the player he can become. It is very likely, knowing the crap OC that the Cocks have, that he will be back around.

Of course, I’m not disputing the fact that recruiting needs to improve. My entire point is I don’t believe we’re in QB hell because CDRW was downgraded to a mid 3 star as a transfer. The kid clearly has tools and again, Coach Beck has a proven track record of developing QBs.
And how the hell was he downgraded when he didn’t play at Florida?! This argument is absolutely ridiculous.

I've read all 55 pages of this thread, catching up because football recruiting, just ain't my thing but with the holidays, things are slow around the homestead so I waded into the murky waters.

Two things I learned today after spending WAY too much time on this... 1) for me, stop doing this and just watch the games; 2) the people who upset me the most aren't the kids who flip but those who tell everyone to calm down, there is more to life than losing a recruit, and other enlightening comments that help us gain better perspective.

Uhm, yeah, 100% agree, the dude oozes talent when he's out there. Ball explodes out of his hand, looks nimble.

His production hasn't caught up to his gifts yet, is all.

He looked more to me like a 4 star QB than Shrader the 4 star QB did when we first saw him. And Shrader looked good!
Yeah nobody ever gets better and their level of performance is locked in stone. Bunch of scrubs

I've read all 55 pages of this thread, catching up because football recruiting, just ain't my thing but with the holidays, things are slow around the homestead so I waded into the murky waters.

Two things I learned today after spending WAY too much time on this... 1) for me, stop doing this and just watch the games; 2) the people who upset me the most aren't the kids who flip but those who tell everyone to calm down, there is more to life than losing a recruit, and other enlightening comments that help us gain better perspective.
8D94B601-C044-45F6-87A1-C46FC7988F66.gif

That's just my take on who Beamer was tweeting about as they both announced their commitments today.
Given the facts you shared about the two new SC recruits committing today, I would agree that your read of a coaches tweet and gif is likely related to those rather than Sellers.

And this is the other commitment that S. Carolina got today. Probably the first fist pump gif by Beamer.
Weren’t we all sure this was for Sellers earlier today and confirming he is gone? :). To many tea leaves.

No way that's stupid bush league stuff I don't even think Buttgears has done...

Mostly because they don’t know what the word subtly means.

I'm one of those, sorry to upset you. But, I just can't get that upset over things like this. I do understand people who do get upset, I used to be one of those people.

That is petty. You tell the kid that you understand the pull of the home team. But, you remind him that we were always there for him and we will continue to be, because we believe in the player he can become. It is very likely, knowing the crap OC that the Cocks have, that he will be back around.
No after all Beck went through supporting the player through his injury, and telling him we still want you. It's time to move on from him if he committs To SC. There are certain things in life that you don't do, your word is your bond, you need to live up to it.
Beck did, and if Sellers goes to SC, then SU needs to pass on him in the future.

No after all Beck went through supporting the player through his injury, and telling him we still want you. It's time to move on from him if he committs To SC. There are certain things in life that you don't do, your word is your bond, you need to live up to it.
Beck did, and if Sellers goes to SC, then SU needs to pass on him in the future.
I would imagine Beck feels differently. He must have come to know this young man quite well, and I am guessing he will understand why he feels the need to commit to South Carolina, being from there and a life long fan. I don't think it damages his integrity at all, if he changes his mind. The timing sucks. But, I do believe he has been honest with our coaches. But, I have no evidence to support that belief. Either way, there will be other quarterbacks.

no you do the job and they will because they think sellers can help them win games which means bigger and better and more opportunity and $. its how the business works and gotten to this point.

part of me agrees with you but it won’t work this way

And recruiting 17-18 year old kids, their word has proven over and over again not to be ”their bond” as you say.

kids are trying to make the right choice and inevitably teenagers won’t always do that. How many normal, non-athlete, college kids pick a school and decide to transfer because it’s not right for them? If Sellers decides elsewhere and two years from now decides, hey it didn’t work out, I want to be at SU, we shouldn’t just shun the kid. He may or may not be a fit in the future, but don’t just toss him away because he didn’t say yes the first time.

look At the kids we’ve flipped or that decided to transfer here in just the past couple of weeks. They picked somewhere else first, and without fail 99% of the feedback is overwhelmingly positive because they picked us in the end.

I haven't really weighed in on this but if he flips, he is doing just the opposite of doing right by Syracuse. If he would have flipped weeks ago, fine. But he has been a Syracuse commit for about 9 months. To a guy, Beck, that stayed true to him when it wasn't for sure that he could play again. He should do what is best for him and his family. But the ship of doing what is right by Syracuse, sailed.
Agreed. Also i dont understand all of the wish him well we love you post. I dont wish the kid bad luck but im certainly not pulling for him if he screws us at the 12th hour

I would imagine Beck feels differently. He must have come to know this young man quite well, and I am guessing he will understand why he feels the need to commit to South Carolina, being from there and a life long fan. I don't think it damages his integrity at all, if he changes his mind. The timing sucks. But, I do believe he has been honest with our coaches. But, I have no evidence to support that belief. Either way, there will be other quarterbacks.
I disagree. And normally I might agree with you. But this is a special case. Beck stood by the kid and the family when it would have been easy to walk away and wait to see how his injury played out. But Beck didn't. And to flip at the very last minute, that is a bridge too far for me. A time when we couldn't pivot. He flips. I hope we shut the door and move on.

Agreed. Also i dont understand all of the wish him well we love you post. I dont wish the kid bad luck but im certainly not pulling for him if he screws us at the 12th hour
I feel the same way. He is just another kid to me. If he does well, good for him. If he doesn't, that's too bad. I won't wish him ill. But I won't root for him either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom