Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

These decisions are huge. They're also being asked to be made by a 17 year old kid. I decided to go to 3 different universities in my short 4 years. I was a kid.

Him taking time and signing Friday tells me he wants to ensure he's making the right decision. I don't look at this as he wants to put on a show and have a moment. He's taking his time and weighing a very tough choice.

Whoever he chooses, this process tells me he's a very mature kid. Likely a lot more mature than some of the 'fans' of the team he doesn't choose. We'll see.

Hope he's Orange, completely understand if he's not.

TLDR; I respect his decision :p

I haven't really commented on this because for some reason, I don't care that much. but his quote "I’ll say it’s pretty close but at the end of the day you know what’s best for you." Sounds like he's coming to Syracuse. The obvious choice would be the Cocks, he's getting a lot of pressure from everyone to do so. Doing what is best for you, sound's like a response to that.

These decisions are huge. They're also being asked to be made by a 17 year old kid. I decided to go to 3 different universities in my short 4 years. I was a kid.

Him taking time and signing Friday tells me he wants to ensure he's making the right decision. I don't look at this as he wants to put on a show and have a moment. He's taking his time and weighing a very tough choice.

Whoever he chooses, this process tells me he's a very mature kid. Likely a lot more mature than some of the 'fans' of the team he doesn't choose. We'll see.

Hope he's Orange, completely understand if he's not.

TLDR; I respect his decision :p
Honestly I struggle to respect anyone's decision when it's committing to somewhere then changing their mind. What is the purpose of committing if you aren't committed? To keep the staff from recruiting anyone else? Committed until someone better comes a long?

"Sorry dear I know we are in a committed relationship and you've done nothing wrong but someone from a wealthier family likes me so now I'm leaving you."

Honestly I struggle to respect anyone's decision when it's committing to somewhere then changing their mind. What is the purpose of committing if you aren't committed? To keep the staff from recruiting anyone else? Committed until someone better comes a long?

"Sorry dear I know we are in a committed relationship and you've done nothing wrong but someone from a wealthier family likes me so now I'm leaving you."
At this point in time he commits to SC, if he was still coming here he would have signed today, and got it over with.
We have at least 3 potential QB's now and with Beck's track record he will find another one either from High School or the Portal.

At this point in time he commits to SC, if he was still coming here he would have signed today, and got it over with.
We have at least 3 potential QB's now and with Beck's track record he will find another one either from High School or the Portal.
Absolutely hope we try to flip Reno.

Ultimately does it matter anymore? It doesn't seem to make sense to put this much anguish over HS commits anymore. Wasn't there an article earlier in the year talking about something like 90% of the top QB's transfer to different schools within a year or two? If he ends up here, it would be hard to keep him anyways and vice versa.

And if you struggle to respect it, that's okay. The coaches on every staff know a verbal commitment isn't binding, and that's why signing day exists.

We get kids to flip TO syracuse as well -- do you respect them?

No handwringing here. Hope he honors his Orange commitment but I'll respect his decision either way.

If he goes elsewhere there's a good chance we may have another shot with him down the road. More concerned about where he ENDS his career than where he begins it.

I rarely believe that in situations like this a kid needs another day or two to make a decision. He's gotta know by now and is just waiting for other reasons. Hopefully those reasons are in our favor but probably aren't based on what's been shared in this thread. Oh well, sucks, but whatcha gonna do.

Will be interesting to see what Dino says at his PC. I'd like to think he'll be asked about it.

And if you struggle to respect it, that's okay. The coaches on every staff know a verbal commitment isn't binding, and that's why signing day exists.

We get kids to flip TO syracuse as well -- do you respect them?
I don't have to respect any of these kids because I don't know them. Do I respect their reneging on verbal agreements, no. I don't respect people that back out of commitments. Am I happy they chose Syracuse, sure.

No handwringing here. Hope he honors his Orange commitment but I'll respect his decision either way.

If he goes elsewhere there's a good chance we may have another shot with him down the road. More concerned about where he ENDS his career than where he begins it.

Yeah, I'm kinda resigned to this idea now too.

He wasn't seeing the field here next season almost no matter what, so it's not mandatory we have him here for this next season (other than the benefit of actually having him, and having him learn the system).

Maybe after a year of riding the pine at SCAR, he sees what an absolute CF his new OC is, and then decides that he really should be at Cuse after all.

In that scenario, we'd then have him on the roster until he went Pro or graduated.
Which, frankly, might be better overall.

Things can change. 17 year olds are not entirely trustworthy actors on the "word is my bond" front.

If you got married when you were 17 and had doubts would you be more or less "committed" or just a scared kid trying to make a decision with life-altering consequences?*

*I actually think the portal helps with this *a lot* and is an underrated great, great thing. If you make a mistake you're not stuck.]

no. I don't respect people that back out of commitments.

Okay? Doesn't change my statement at all. They don't need my respect so me not respecting them is a personal decision that impacts quite literally nothing but my own perspective. #RespectMyDecisiontoNotRespectTheirDecision

Will be interesting to see what Dino says at his PC. I'd like to think he'll be asked about it.
Let me save you the trouble. he will say "we are here to talk about these guys today. we hope to add more" or something similar.

Okay? Doesn't change my statement at all. They don't need my respect so me not respecting them is a personal decision that impacts quite literally nothing but my own perspective. #RespectMyDecisiontoNotRespectTheirDecision

What are your thoughts on Mintz backing out of his commitment?

What are your thoughts on Mintz backing out of his commitment?
As I stated above. I don't like when people renege on commitments. I simply don't respect it. Can I also enjoy them playing for my team, sure. Those two things can be mutually exclusive. I don't have to respect someone to get a long with them, work for them, or watch them play a sport or a character in a movie.

I hear a lot of things from celebrities that I don't respect but I can still enjoy watching them in a movie. I've worked for bosses that I didn't respect but as an adult I went to work and did the best I could because that is what I was hired to do.

As I stated above. I don't like when people renege on commitments. I simply don't respect it. Can I also enjoy them playing for my team, sure. Those two things can be mutually exclusive. I don't have to respect someone to get a long with them, work for them, or watch them play a sport or a character in a movie.

I hear a lot of things from celebrities that I don't respect but I can still enjoy watching them in a movie. I've worked for bosses that I didn't respect but as an adult I went to work and did the best I could because that is what I was hired to do.

OK, that seems like a bizarre line to straddle, but fair enough. Personally I just get that that kids make impulsive decisions or occasionally decisions that I don't understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom