Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

“The best value at Olive Garden its the ‘Tour of Italy.’”
I cannot offer you any money but I have a fresh stack of Chipwiches with your name on it.
B4867D20-DBC4-4BA9-9A25-7EFE4425DEDC.jpeg

These decisions are huge. They're also being asked to be made by a 17 year old kid. I decided to go to 3 different universities in my short 4 years. I was a kid.

Him taking time and signing Friday tells me he wants to ensure he's making the right decision. I don't look at this as he wants to put on a show and have a moment. He's taking his time and weighing a very tough choice.

Whoever he chooses, this process tells me he's a very mature kid. Likely a lot more mature than some of the 'fans' of the team he doesn't choose. We'll see.

Hope he's Orange, completely understand if he's not.

TLDR; I respect his decision :p
He must be the first 17 year old to make this type of decision. /s Tired of this.
Either he honors a commitment, or he doesn’t.

1 comment 2 weeks ago.

Jaime Beck hasn’t conceded yet.
Ok so now I have to ask about Jaime. ;) Is she reaching out directly as well or is this in reference to her retweet’s of her husbands coaching history with QBs?

you-you-de-niro.gif

So if the situation I laid out were to come to pass, you’d be making posts about how unfair it was to the other school that he flipped to us.
Still 100% irrelevant to my point that an uniformed signing day flip is a lot harder on a coaching staff than a kid decommitting earlier in the process but keep on self righteous keeping on if it floats your boat.

And besides, it's never happened for us in recent memory with a high profile prospect so not really sure how I'd react. We're always the school getting flipped in these cases. :confused:

I honored a commitment at 17 that I had to stand by. It came with consequences. But in today’s world who cares.
I went to 3 different colleges in my first 3 years.

I honored my commitment to drink a lot of alcohol at all of them though, so there’s that.

Fans can get frustrated, ticked off and that’s fine….because all we really care about is if our team is good.

Players can’t worry about that though. Stakes are high, they gotta make the moves they think our right.

Also, obviously he should go to Syracuse. South Carolina is a crappy school that literally nobody has ever paid attention to in any sport ever, it’s disgustingly humid, they don’t have the Dome, they have zero cache or media attention, their roads suck, and people only drive through there to get to the beach, to Atlanta, or to buy fireworks. Seriously, everywhere you drive you see random buildings in the middle of nowhere with FIREWORKS painted on it or on a sign. That place is weird and it sucks and after Sellers wins 2 Heismans at Syracuse, piles up all kinds of NIL money and media attention, and strikes it rich in the NFL, he should move his family out of there and never go back.

I’m confused why young kids commit early before they really are sure where they really want to go? Is there some advantage to committing early despite being unsure? Is it just to insure they have a spot somewhere? Too bad they make a decision early that they may change dependent on who other schools at the time, don’t get. Bad and sad for them and the school that is decommitted from but happens so often it probably is a moot point. Pressure for all involved.

Doesn't appear USC took another QB this cycle. May be telling or maybe he's not their only remaining target

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom