Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Yawn. Probably no one taller to give it to.
upload_2016-1-3_23-12-35.jpeg

His video from the O-D game (BTW - horrible name for a football game) is real good. Positives - thought he ran the ball well and when passing he looks to have good velocity and leads his receivers so they can get good YAC. I also thought he made decent passes when out of pocket, though his passes were not as accurate (passes behind receivers, etc.).

One thing I noticed with his passes when he was in the pocket - because of his height he has to release at a higher angle with an upward trajectory. This causes high passes. Almost all passes while in the pocket were caught by WRs with their hands fully extended over their heads. In high school the WRs are generally safe. In college though, with better athletes and schemes, safeties will be licking their chops to take out WRs over the middle over-extending themselves to catch those balls.

One thing I noticed with his passes when he was in the pocket - because of his height he has to release at a higher angle with an upward trajectory. This causes high passes. Almost all passes while in the pocket were caught by WRs with their hands fully extended over their heads. In high school the WRs are generally safe. In college though, with better athletes and schemes, safeties will be licking their chops to take out WRs over the middle over-extending themselves to catch those balls.

I noticed this to and wondered if it was his height or if the ball was floating on him a bit because the ball was wet. They played this game in a torrential downpour.

I noticed this to and wondered if it was his height or if the ball was floating on him a bit because the ball was wet. They played this game in a torrential downpour.
Could be true. I am slightly shorter and played QB in high school. This was one of my biggest issues when I passed from the pocket but was more pronounced during bad weather.

Dome Sweet Dome

He will find a way onto the field. I don't know if it'll be at QB, but, kids like him always find a way to be successful on the field.

Yeah, I think so too. The announcers at the O-D game talked about playing DB if QB doesn't work out. I'm not sure if he played DB in HS, but it sure looks like he could be a RB (SU absolutely needs to give him a shot at QB first).

But if that doesn't work, he could go from being an undersized QB to prototype RB measurables 5-11, 205, 4.5ish, 520 squat

This kid has an incredible 2 years worth of POY productivity in a talent rich state. You never "luck" into that level of sustained productivity at that level. Yet, none of the P5s in that area offered - this can't be just a height issue. If it is, that's a lot of arrogance. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see LSU or one of the big boy Texas schools make a last minute run at Scott.

He can't here for an OV soon enough, IMO.

Kevin Johnson redux.
I thought the same exact thing this morning. And that is no slight to the young man either, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Exactly Dee Brown redux. Way better version to cause he has that mcnabb wiggle.

I think he could be good enough runner to be a 1000 yrd feature back.

PhatOrange said:
Exactly Dee Brown redux. Way better version to cause he has that mcnabb wiggle.

I think he could be good enough runner to be a 1000 yrd feature back.

Ok reading all this I now hope he reads this board and sees how amped all of us fans are to have him on our team, comparing him to some of the most popular players in the last two decades. Wow, posters on this board don't do that lightly.

Id love to see him at QB, and hes got the talent to be that guy. If we are lucky enough to have somone capable of starting over him, first wow, then second, we have a program history of taking talented players and turning them into stars somewhere else on the field as you all have noted and talking about Johnson who played years in the NFL is the cherry on top. Man we could run any play with this offense and this guy on the field.

Scott belongs at SU.

Ok reading all this I now hope he reads this board and sees how amped all of us fans are to have him on our team, comparing him to some of the most popular players in the last two decades. Wow, posters on this board don't do that lightly.

Id love to see him at QB, and hes got the talent to be that guy. If we are lucky enough to have somone capable of starting over him, first wow, then second, we have a program history of taking talented players and turning them into stars somewhere else on the field as you all have noted and talking about Johnson who played years in the NFL is the cherry on top. Man we could run any play with this offense and this guy on the field.

Scott belongs at SU.

He's not mcnabb, just run like him, has goood vision and makes people miss when he runs. Has that wiggle.

For Dee Brown, QB turned RB. Scott has a lot of jukes and cut backs and wiggle in his running so I like him better than brown as a runner. Plus I thought he has more speed than brown.

Scott at 5-10 205 is built like a tank, that's why I think he could be a feature back.

Scott belongs at SU.

:rolling: