Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

When you act like you couldn't care less about a kid, he starts to look for someone who does act like they care about him.

I cannot understand our staff's seeming ambivalence about Lindsey??
He's just gotten done KILLING IT at the highest levels in La HS Football for the past 2 seasons.

Meanwhile, we have ED who may be 1 more hit away from DQ, and who only played in a handful of games.
The Officer who can't throw accurately.
Wilson who throws it to the other team.
Rex coming off major knee injury and an entire missed season.
And no other solid QB prospects, apparently.

He's the only guy who's been able to stay on the field and have success, and we're like "meh"?
I don't get it.

I cannot understand our staff's seeming ambivalence about Lindsey??
He's just gotten done KILLING IT at the highest levels in La HS Football for the past 2 seasons.

Meanwhile, we have ED who may be 1 more hit away from DQ, and who only played in a handful of games.
The Officer who can't throw accurately.
Wilson who throws it to the other team.
Rex coming off major knee injury and an entire missed season.
And no other solid QB prospects, apparently.

He's the only guy who's been able to stay on the field and have success, and we're like "meh"?
I don't get it.
And the fact the kid clearly has the athleticism to play another position if need be, makes it all the stranger.

It's January 14th and he just received his first P5 offer, and rutgirls is SUPER desperate for any QB after losing Russo. Dino Babers knows QB's. He came in and locked up Culpepper immediately. It's no coincidence they pushed back Scott's visit back to 1/29. The writing has been on the wall forever here.

We'll take him if we can't find another 2nd QB or he can go be rutgirls #1 (this season). Who would blame him. I like Scott as a RB but will not lose any sleep over Syracuse letting him go.

There lots of 'evidence' with regards to Babers and QBs

Norm I agree with you on most Phat but if we lose Scott it would be a big night loss of sleep for me and I bet a lot of others. I can't believe we stayed on this kid so hard and then he commits and stays committed then at towards the end act like we don't give a crap if he sign with us or not. I believe this kid is as good and could be better given a chance than a Doug Flutie did at BC, beside I believe he is taller than Flutie. lol

It's January 14th and he just received his first P5 offer, and rutgirls is SUPER desperate for any QB after losing Russo. Dino Babers knows QB's. He came in and locked up Culpepper immediately. It's no coincidence they pushed back Scott's visit back to 1/29. The writing has been on the wall forever here.

We'll take him if we can't find another 2nd QB or he can go be rutgirls #1 (this season). Who would blame him. I like Scott as a RB but will not lose any sleep over Syracuse letting him go.

There lots of 'evidence' with regards to Babers and QBs

Why can't we take Scott and another QB? It's not like we have great depth there. If Scott switches positions, ala Womack, so be it. At least he'll be on campus. If Scott beats out Rex or whomever, we'll be glad he's ours. I don't see much downside with taking him, especially with the number of spots still open.

Norm I agree with you on most Phat but if we lose Scott it would be a big night loss of sleep for me and I bet a lot of others. I can't believe we stayed on this kid so hard and then he commits and stays committed then at towards the end act like we don't give a crap if he sign with us or not. I believe this kid is as good and could be better given a chance than a Doug Flutie did at BC, beside I believe he is taller than Flutie. lol
I get that everyone on the board loves the kid but the reality is he is the state player of the year and Cuse is 1 of 2 P5 offers. Have to let the coaches make the decision.

I'm not trying to say Lindsey Scott will not be a good or even great college QB, but to say he might be better than Doug Flutie, I don't know about that. Flutie won the Heisman trophy...the Heisman Trophy lol.

With that said I would also lose some sleep if Scott took his talents somewhere else. But I trust the staff, I trust Babers...he has a proven record of success and knows what he wants in a quarterback for his system. If he doesn't think that Scott is the best fit for his offense then we have to trust him.

Babers and Co. did not stay on this kid hard. They've offered other QB's and also pushed his visit back. I believe they want a 2nd QB but Scott is/was the fall back option.

He's stayed with us because he's had no other power 5 options.

Why can't we take Scott and another QB? It's not like we have great depth there. If Scott switches positions, ala Womack, so be it. At least he'll be on campus. If Scott beats out Rex or whomever, we'll be glad he's ours. I don't see much downside with taking him, especially with the number of spots still open.
It's a damn no brainer. Let's review:
Position of need
Offensive player of year in freaking Louisiana
MaxPrep - 1st team All American as an athlete
Could clearly move to another position if need be
Excellent student = qualified and able to pick up things quickly
High character

What am I missing?

We're taking Culpepper and hopefully another QB. That may or may not be Scott. If Scott was a priority they would've firmed him up quickly and not pushed his visit back to 1/29.

The downside is having lots of needs. They can't waste a ship by bringing in a kid who's not going to play in their minds. I'm sure they understand our QB depth is poor and they'll take him if they have to.

We're taking Culpepper and hopefully another QB. That may or may not be Scott. If Scott was a priority they would've firmed him up quickly and not pushed his visit back to 1/29.

The downside is having lots of needs. They can't waste a ship by bringing in a kid who's not going to play in their minds. I'm sure they understand our QB depth is poor and they'll take him if they have to.

NONE of our needs is greater than at QB. We've just gotten done burning the last 2 seasons due to inadequate QB depth.
And it doesn't appear any of the "s e x ier" QB options are actually interested in us.

IF Rex doesn't work out at QB, where does he go? TE? Yay?
IF Lindsey doesn't work out at QB, he could easily move to RB or WR.

And, as much as Dino and Co keep trying - and failing, thus far - to land a date with the "Homecoming Queen";
the "Girl Next Door" is a keeper.

I'm not trying to say Lindsey Scott will not be a good or even great college QB, but to say he might be better than Doug Flutie, I don't know about that. Flutie won the Heisman trophy...the Heisman Trophy lol.

With that said I would also lose some sleep if Scott took his talents somewhere else. But I trust the staff, I trust Babers...he has a proven record of success and knows what he wants in a quarterback for his system. If he doesn't think that Scott is the best fit for his offense then we have to trust him.[/QUOTE

With that said I would also lose some sleep if Scott took his talents somewhere else. But I trust the staff, I trust Babers...he has a proven record of success and knows what he wants in a quarterback for his system. If he doesn't think that Scott is the best fit for his offense then we have to trust him.
I know what you are saying and ,good point, but I was saying skill wise comparison, but don't forget Flutie had a real good offense and a very good defense. They were holding their own again Miami when Miami was a power house and we know all about the "hail Flutie pass. Point well taken.

I am not even sure that is it. This staff wants their own players. Period. With a few exceptions they haven't kept any of Shafers' recruits for 2016.
That is my fear here although they did jump all over Rex - who must be a fine prospect despite the one film I saw of him apparently not showing him to his best advantage.

That is my fear here although they did jump all over Rex - who must be a fine prospect despite the one film I saw of him apparently not showing him to his best advantage.
I love Scott because he would be a great representative for Syracuse University. I just think with this staff continuing to offer other QBs he is on the cusp. If they don't get any other QBs I think he comes to SU...unless he finds something better out there. The fact that he has an ov on the last weekend could work in his and our favor.

I love Scott because he would be a great representative for Syracuse University. I just think with this staff continuing to offer other QBs he is on the cusp. If they don't get any other QBs I think he comes to SU...unless he finds something better out there. The fact that he has an ov on the last weekend could work in his and our favor.

Yep and the fact that no other P5 schools have offered him to date except freaking Rutgers now pretty much validates their thinking.

Yep and the fact that no other P5 schools have offered him to date except freaking Rutgers now pretty much validates their thinking.
Maybe yes maybe no but if other schools' thinking is accurate with respect to playing QB, then those would be the same staffs who are turning a blind eye to the MaxPrep offensive 1st team AA as an athlete.

If he ends up at Tulane, I'm okay with that. If he ends up at RU, I will slit my wrists. Well, not really, but I will be super-pissed.

Toga said:
It's a damn no brainer. Let's review: Position of need Offensive player of year in freaking Louisiana MaxPrep - 1st team All American as an athlete Could clearly move to another position if need be Excellent student = qualified and able to pick up things quickly High character What am I missing?

Years of experience running the best offensive system in college football?

Yes. These guys are evaluators of talent and a kid who is a star in HS doesn't always make the transition to D1.

I am not even sure that is it. This staff wants their own players. Period. With a few exceptions they haven't kept any of Shafers' recruits for 2016.
Then my question to you is if Shafer never recruited Scott, do you think Dino would have?