Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Rutgirls coaches are following Lindsey Scott on twitter. One fan thinks they're pushing hard for him. Money saw that.

I do find it VERY curious that both Scotts and Brinsons visits were pushed back/scheduled for the last weekend. My theory is that it gives the staff time to fill their spots with players they prefer. Now Brinson they don't have to worry about. For Scott, unless it's Modster or some other better than average QB prospect you better keep him in the fold.

Last edited:
I thought the same exact thing this morning. And that is no slight to the young man either, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Comparing him to a wr who had a solid nfl career is not a slight.

Rutgirls coaches are following Lindsey Scott on twitter. One fan thinks they're pushing hard for him. Money saw that.

I do find it VERY curious that both Scotts and Brinsons visits were pushed back/scheduled for the last weekend. My theory is that it gives the staff time to fill their spots with players they prefer. Now Brinson they don't have to worry about. For Scott, unless it's Modster or some other better than average QB prospect you better keep him in the fold.

Do you know if Scott moved back his visit, or the coaches asked him to move back? Just curious. Even if we can get Modster, I still think we should take Scott as well.

Do you know if Scott moved back his visit, or the coaches asked him to move back? Just curious. Even if we can get Modster, I still think we should take Scott as well.

The coaches asked him to move his ov back.

which is a huge red flag. they're working overtime on other QBs.
Possibly. Or maybe they think Scott is already in the fold and want Modster to visit 1/22 so they don't want to have both QB's visiting together which makes sense. Hard to pump up a guys ego while not hurting another while they are on the same visit. We should be bringing in 3 QB's with our situation. And the QB's shouldn't feel bad about it as its better to compete with just a couple more guys in your class than it is to have to compete with many with more experience than you.

Question for the guys with their ear a little closer to the recruiting ground. Who would be the likely target if they're slow playing LSJ?

Question for the guys with their ear a little closer to the recruiting ground. Who would be the likely target if they're slow playing LSJ?
I don't think we're slow playing him while we look for other QBs, I just don't know if this staff is 100% sold on him as a QB at the college level. Modster's pretty much off the table, we failed on Brown, and right now there aren't any other targets (that i'm aware of).

I don't think we're slow playing him while we look for other QBs, I just don't know if this staff is 100% sold on him as a QB at the college level. Modster's pretty much off the table, we failed on Brown, and right now there aren't any other targets (that i'm aware of).
In two years hopefully his nickname will be Hakim.

Yep.

Why do you think he is off the table, because we got in on him late, or no interest in SU and where do you think he is headed Oklahoma State, Maryland ?

Why do you think he is off the table, because we got in on him late, or no interest in SU and where do you think he is headed Oklahoma State, Maryland ?
You just answered my one , where you think he going and you said UCLA.

Okay one other possibility with a positive spin. Maybe Scott was available to travel either weekend so the staff asked him to push it back because the weekend of 1/22 has 11 guys coming in without him. A little far-fetched but who knows. :)

Possibly. Or maybe they think Scott is already in the fold and want Modster to visit 1/22 so they don't want to have both QB's visiting together which makes sense. Hard to pump up a guys ego while not hurting another while they are on the same visit. We should be bringing in 3 QB's with our situation. And the QB's shouldn't feel bad about it as its better to compete with just a couple more guys in your class than it is to have to compete with many with more experience than you.
We only have 1 QB in Eric who has the ability to run Dino's system, Rex will be here for spring ball. Having Scott on OV with only one other player gives Lewis our OC,QB coach plenty of time with Scott to prep him on the system.

When you act like you couldn't care less about a kid, he starts to look for someone who does act like they care about him.
Or like the thousands of other recruits he simply tweeted he got an offer...