Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

maybe the coaches are higher on wilson or mahoney than many here are? still seems like the didnt press the scott decision all that hard so maybe they do have someone in mind?

Coaches need to pull a rabbit out of their hat in the next few weeks. No other QBs set for a visit.

With Scott gone, I assume it's a 1 QB class now, next year we must get 2 and possibly 3

Moldster be an upgrade, i know we'll get another qb and have someone that is ready to commit. Maybe he told him qb shot and then could be an athlete here. He's not the typical Baylor system qb. Is what is and move on

no big loss, the writing was on the wall. The kid is an athlete not a P5 QB. Was probably given the same song and dance as the others. You can come to Syracuse but...we're looking for X at the spot and you don't fit".

The chances of us losing out here are slim. Kid had 2 power 5 offers and is down to Tulane, Harvard and Rutgirls. Enough said.

Moldster be an upgrade, i know we'll get another qb and have someone that is ready to commit. Maybe he told him qb shot and then could be an athlete here. He's not the typical Baylor system qb. Is what is and move on

I didn't think we had a shot at Modster...

Modster would be an upgrade. However, he isn't visiting here and is expected by many to go to UCLA

no big loss, the writing was on the wall. The kid is an athlete not a P5 QB. Was probably given the same song and dance as the others. You can come to Syracuse but...we're looking for X at the spot and you don't fit".

The chances of us losing out here are slim. Kid had 2 power 5 offers and is down to Tulane, Harvard and Rutgirls. Enough said.

I agree. Never understood people getting so worked up on this one. Good kid, good athlete, but not a big deal.

Makes no sense for a quarterback to not want to play for Babers. Have to think the staff wanted him at another position.

I'm assuming Scott was not one of Coyle's calls directly after the firing. Or did he feel slighted by Sean Lewis and not Babers visiting? If we lose this kid to Rutgirls all I can think about is Ray Rice :(

I think he's prob flipping to Tulane and it's a solid move if he wants to be a QB.

No big loss IMO. I liked him a lot and loved his intangibles but if he was moving to DB then we still had a class with 1 QB.

I'll root for him so long as he doesn't end up in Jersey

upperdeck said:
maybe the coaches are higher on wilson or mahoney than many here are? still seems like the didnt press the scott decision all that hard so maybe they do have someone in mind?

Wonder if we wanted to move him to another position and Lewis went down there to be straight with the kid.

The whole thing seemed so amicable, not sure how else to explain it?

The kid is from a tiny town almost 2,000 miles from SU. 75 degrees is freezing to him. People have probably been questioning his decision to his face for months. He has a great school 50 miles away offering. He is a kid. For him not to end up at SU should not be a shock especially when you add the hype he has been getting of late.

Scott really doesn't have another position. Maybe tailback.

Too bad we won't get a chance to see what would have happened.

Wonder if we wanted to move him to another position and Lewis went down there to be straight with the kid.

The whole thing seemed so amicable, not sure how else to explain it?

that was exactly my thought

If he doesn't go to RU then I am ok with this, although a bit disappointed. Since the crystal ball people are predicting RU, I am guessing he goes to Tulane. Wonder if we will try and grab a QB late in the game?

Scott really doesn't have another position. Maybe tailback.

Too bad we won't get a chance to see what would have happened.

only one would be running back and I think he'd be a good RB.

No matter, we can watch him at another school. just like zach allen and augustus edwards and ebenezer okgundeko before him. i have a hard time remembering many kids who've flipped from us and had great careers. harold brantley is the only one i can think of in the last 10 years. but we didn't push him out either. every kid who's decommitted since Babers has taken over has been pushed out, they're just not that good.

I was dropped a pretty good tip this past week and lets just say that Shafer's recruits for the most part are developmental kids and not the type needed to win in the ACC.

Take notice to that Shafer hasn't stuck with one kid except for Tyrek Tisdale since taking over at Maryland. Not one. Now I get to see what Daoust does to.

Honestly, we have dungey for 3 more years. This sucks but i think we have a star here now.

Where he ends up will say a lot.

If it's close to home, I imagine he had cold feet.

If it's a school up North, It wasn't the right fit at SU, among many reasons.

Disappointed in the board - no "he was too short anyway" posts.

Modster is not coming to SU.
Until Modster is enrolled at a different school, I'm clinging to the hope that he'll end up at Syracuse.

Where he ends up will say a lot.

If it's close to home, I imagine he had cold feet.

If it's a school up North, It wasn't the right fit at SU, among many reasons.

Rutgirls is desperate for a running QB, and I mean desperate. they'd probably give Scott the keys until they can get another QB in place. Scott is really not a Babers QB. Rex is to a T. Scott, not so much.

PhatOrange said:
Rutgirls is desperate for a running QB, and I mean desperate. they'd probably give Scott the keys until they can get another QB in place. Scott is really not a Babers QB. Rex is to a T. Scott, not so much.

I'm trusting Babers and the type of player he's looking for. But I really dislike QBs who can't run.