Class of 2024 - QB Maurice "Moe" Williams (NJ) Visiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Maurice "Moe" Williams (NJ) Visiting

What about Jahkari? Does Cuse having him not effect Maurice’s decision?

What about Jahkari? Does Cuse having him not effect Maurice’s decision?
You never stop recruiting as no one knows if a prospect will decommit. And most teams take more than one QB commitment per cycle. Things happen. Players get injured. Players transfer. Better to have too many QBs than too few.

And if a player is truly a competitor and believes in his abilities he will probably commit to a school that already has another commitment at his position in his class.

You never stop recruiting as no one knows if a prospect will decommit. And most teams take more than one QB commitment per cycle. Things happen. Players get injured. Players transfer. Better to have too many QBs than too few.

And if a player is truly a competitor and believes in his abilities he will probably commit to a school that already has another commitment at his position in his class.
Also, oftentimes in high school the QB is the best athlete on the field and when they get to college could play other positions. The more playmakers the better.

Listen we learned last year that until a kid signs anything can happen. I hope that we bring in another portal qb this year.
We need to make a living off the portal. So much more challenging fighting for a kid in HS. Once a player gets to a big time school and is talented but has even more talent in front of him, that changes their perspective and a school like Syracuse fits all the bills. P5 in a major conference with a greater chance to crack the 2 deep. The portal is the greatest thing that could’ve happened to our program I think. We lose some yes but we overall are a much much better program because of it. Look at our QB room, all SEC transfers.

I do believe the transfer portal will
and actually has put SU back on the map and put us in the right direction. It also should help HCDB hold on to his job. lol

Last edited:
We need to make a living off the portal. So much more challenging fighting for a kid in HS. Once a player gets to a big time school and is talented but has even more talent in front of him, that changes their perspective and a school like Syracuse fits all the bills. P5 in a major conference with a greater chance to crack the 2 deep. The portal is the greatest thing that could’ve happened to our program I think. We lose some yes but we overall are a much much better program because of it. Look at our QB room, all SEC transfers.
The best post I have read today. Cuse is best as a school for “2nd Chance U” and it can raise the overall talent level at every position. We are already seeing the overall talent level rise with the defense; especially the secondary (Nebraska, ND transfers). The QB room is all SEC transfers. Think we need to focus next at WR to increase the overall talent level in that room with SEC/B10 transfers).

Complement the transfer portal with 3+ star HS/JC athletes, and it’s a perfect blend. It’s why we need a transfer portal GM so portal entrants look at Cuse as destination Second ChanceU with national media exposure to let talented athletes build their on-field tape audition for the NFL.

Cuse needs to get on the same media train that Coach Prime is on. Can you imagine Prime and his media exposure at Syracuse. I think the national media spotlight would blow the roof off the dome.

Know what team really missed an opportunity; it’s Auburn. They could’ve had Coach Prime in SEC territory. With Auburns fanbase and resources they would overtake Alabama and dominate college football. Instead they went with Hugh Freeze, biggest mistake hire imo. Prime would kill it at Auburn; Freeze is a retread and not a difference maker.

Imagine if SMU uses their oil money alums to get Prime as their head coach with a $20M/year offer. Would be great to have another strong football brand in the ACC. Prime would also kill it in Dallas.

Last edited:
Article:

Syracuse Football: 2024 QB putting up huge numbers, to visit this weekend​

I don't usually put information up on recruits until they are offered but there is so much conversation about this player from NJ, I thought it necessitated an evaluation.

MAURICE WILLIAMS 2024 ORANGE HS, ORANGE, NJ
#3 QB 6' 0" 194/ 40 4.54/ SH 4.32/ VJ 31/ BP 235/ 185 REPS 12/ JR YR 1405YDS PASS/ 501 R/24 TDS/ 2 INT
11451367.JPG

ASSETS PER HUDL JR FILM

FAST
VERY ELUSIVE AND QUICK
QUICK RELEASE
GREAT ARM - THROWS ACCURATELY 50 YDS EASILY
ON GO ROUTES LEADS HIS RECEIVERS WITH HIGH ARCING SPIRALS BUT CAN DRILL A BALL THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS WHEN NEEDED
GREAT FOOTWORK ON DROP BACKS
GETS OUT OF VERY TIGHT PRESSURES/ AMAZING PERIPHERAL VISION AND SIXTH SENSE IN THIS REGARD

NOT OFFERED BY SU AS OF 9/25/23

Last edited:
I don't usually put information up on recruits until they are offered but there is so much conversation about this player from NJ, I thought it necessitated an evaluation.

MAURICE WILLIAMS 2024 ORANGE HS, ORANGE, NJ
#3 QB 6' 0" 194/ 40 4.54/ SH 4.32/ VJ 31/ BP 235/ 185 REPS 12/ JR YR 1405YDS PASS/ 501 R/24 TDS/ 2 INT
11451367.JPG

ASSETS PER HUDL JR FILM

FAST
VERY ELUSIVE AND QUICK
QUICK RELEASE
GREAT ARM - THROWS ACCURATELY 50 YDS EASILY
ON GO ROUTES LEADS HIS RECEIVERS WITH HIGH ARCING SPIRALS BUT CAN DRILL A BALL THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS WHEN NEEDED
GREAT FOOTWORK ON DROP BACKS
GETS OUT OF VERY TIGHT PRESSURES/ AMAZING PERIPHERAL VISION AND SIXTH SENSE IN THIS REGARD

NOT OFFERED BY SU AS OF 9/25/23
**to be offered on 10/1/23** haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom