Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

Tommy: The good news is you won't have to run for your life as much. The bad news is that you need to learn how to high point the football...on a snap.

Riley: With my left hand or right hand?

Tommy: Yes

This is gold

Hopes to visit Vandy on his own this wknd... who’s next up?
Man that sucks. You’d have to think he would have already made it up here on an OV if the rona wasn’t a thing.

Being a two sport athlete at Vandy would be the draw.

Last edited:

Hopes to visit Vandy on his own this wknd... who’s next up?
The Dead Period has been extended to June 30. If he meets with any of the Vandy staff it's a recruiting violation. I'm not sure that he is even allowed to visit campus.

Last edited:
The Dead Period has been extended to June 30. If he meets with any of the Vandy staff it's a recruiting violation. I'm not sure that he is even allowed to visit campus.
It‘s not a violation. A linebacker and his parents out of PA is visiting SU this weekend on their own. I don’t read the doom in the article. So Vandy has contacted him. I’m sure all the schools on his list are calling.

Me too. This one should’ve been a layup. So sick of always settling for plan D, E and F. If this staff can’t recruit at an ACC level, they need to find a staff that can. I’ve heard all the excuses.

it’s a bit more complicated than that. From what I’ve been told - the staff can’t be blamed here. They were on him early, offered him early (earlier than what was reported), and I really do believe the pandemic screwed them over. If Riley would have been able to visit earlier, I think it’s a different story.

the kids a two sport athlete and if Vandy gives him a baseball offer too he’d be silly not to take it.

If that’s the case, I find no fault with the staff. They outworked everyone else on this recruit but we don’t have baseball.

It‘s not a violation. A linebacker and his parents out of PA is visiting SU this weekend on their own. I don’t read the doom in the article. So Vandy has contacted him. I’m sure all the schools on his list are calling.
Visiting the campus to look around is different than meeting with the staff.

It's a dead period, as noted above. Meeting with the staff would be a violation.

the kids a two sport athlete and if Vandy gives him a baseball offer too he’d be silly not to take it.

If that’s the case, I find no fault with the staff. They outworked everyone else on this recruit but we don’t have baseball.
If they new the kid really wanted to play both Sports they should have realized we had poor odds. Hopefully the relationship they have built wins out over his desire to play baseball and football.

Vandy may not be anything special from a football standpoint but every year they have baseball players drafted in the first round. If Riley plays both sports and is talented enough that he can play baseball at Vandy, then it's a no brainer for the young man. Their academics are nothing to scoff at either. If he announces for Vandy so be it and good luck to the young man. It's not even June yet, plenty of time to get a strong QB. Let's see what happens.

Vandy may not be anything special from a football standpoint but every year they have baseball players drafted in the first round. If Riley plays both sports and is talented enough that he can play baseball at Vandy, then it's a no brainer for the young man. Their academics are nothing to scoff at either. If he announces for Vandy so be it and good luck to the young man. It's not even June yet, plenty of time to get a strong QB. Let's see what happens.

He plays basketball not baseball.

He plays basketball not baseball.
Yeah saw that after...was going off Blues reference. So if anything that is a good thing. Let's see what happens, nothing is etched in stone at the moment or did I miss the text that he has committed to Vandy already? If he does commit, we pursue the next guy. It's early still, not sure why people are panicking.

Me too. This one should’ve been a layup. So sick of always settling for plan D, E and F. If this staff can’t recruit at an ACC level, they need to find a staff that can. I’ve heard all the excuses.

a layup? Gulf coast of Alabama? It doesn’t get more Deep South than that I wouldn’t call it a layup.

He’s a two sport athlete, but it’s basketball not baseball.
Ohh. Don’t know where I got baseball from, probably the lingering resentment of a cny ball player.

Yikes!!!

Why can’t we have nice things?
1589637859649.png

The coaches just have to demonstrate that the problems with the OL have been addressed and are behind us. That has worked against us each of the last two cycles. ( End of last, beginning of this.)

No idea if we're out here, doesn't seem that we are, but its amazing to me how the fball program at QB and the Bball program at Center seem to be in a death match in who can miss out more on their top targets. Its reached an absurd level for both.

Was going to post the exact same thing.

With our offense, it’s mindboggling to me that we can’t get a 4 star QB. Babers got one early with DeVito. Makes little sense to me to see us whiff on prospects for two straight years (not saying we will this cycle - just saying).

No idea if we're out here, doesn't seem that we are, but its amazing to me how the fball program at QB and the Bball program at Center seem to be in a death match in who can miss out more on their top targets. Its reached an absurd level for both.

we are out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom