Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

Thank you for this, Jeremy. Absolutely two of my favorites.
Oh, and so this post isn't off topic, I hope we get Riley.
I know Crusty and I know what he values in a QB and I am sure Crusty will be very excited if we land Leonard. I don't want to speak for him but I believe he is Crusty's dream Syracuse QB!

This offense is custom-suited for a mobile, fearless QB like Dungey. Adds such an irreplaceable aspect to this uptempo. And he obviously excelled in it once they had the system down, got all the right pieces in place and we're able to routinely practice it.

This kid is the closest thing I've seen to Dungey since. Yes, please.

Things are heating up... No commitment this week.
The Dead Period has been extended until June 30. Any kids deciding now are going to have to base it on zoom tours and phone calls.

I hope a commitment is soon. If he starts going to camps he will blow up. The sooner the better.

Interesting he had a call with current Syracuse QBs. Very good due diligence getting their perspective and interesting he was able to sit through film breakdowns. I like that. Seems like Nebraska is not pursuing as hard. He had nice words for Vandy. I would rather he take a few more weeks and work through his review then get a rushed commitment. It sounds like he likes us though and that's a very good thing at this point.

I don’t see how every good QB wouldn’t want to play in Babers’ system. Get our OL issues worked out this year, and we’re right back on track for great seasons to come.

I don’t see how every good QB wouldn’t want to play in Babers’ system. Get our OL issues worked out this year, and we’re right back on track for great seasons to come.
I see this explanation all the time and the reason is because kids want to play QB in a system that translates to the NFL. That is and always has been the name of the game.

Yes, Jimmy G is an example albeit he never played here. But until you start seeing our QBs drafted (coupled with W/L) it’s going to be a struggle.

Wonder how long until the Big 12 and PAC come knocking.

Interesting he had a call with current Syracuse QBs. Very good due diligence getting their perspective and interesting he was able to sit through film breakdowns. I like that. Seems like Nebraska is not pursuing as hard. He had nice words for Vandy. I would rather he take a few more weeks and work through his review then get a rushed commitment. It sounds like he likes us though and that's a very good thing at this point.
I believe there was a rule change very recently that allowed recruits to talk to current players on these calls. I believe that used to be forbidden but with no ability to visit campuses and talk with players face to face, a change was made.

Tommy: The good news is you won't have to run for your life as much. The bad news is that you need to learn how to high point the football....on a snap.

Riley: With my left hand or right hand?

Tommy: Yes

I believe there was a rule change very recently that allowed recruits to talk to current players on these calls. I believe that used to be forbidden but with no ability to visit campuses and talk with players face to face, a change was made.
You may be right. My son is in the transfer portal, and got an email from a player about joining the team. I thought that was weird.

1589478220118.png
There may not be any camps this year.
Somebody's sad.

Better to take his time than end up with a weak commitment.

Hopes to visit Vandy on his own this wknd... who’s next up?

Man that’s bad news. A visit to one of the best campuses and cities in the country. Probably with a chance to play right away. I know he would only have to wait a year here but man Vandy is an amazing place (with an awful team). I still think cuse in drivers seat

Kid lives on the gulf so it’s not close to Nashville in a practical sense. 450 miles. And they don’t play on the Auburn, Alabama side of the division but it’s still the SEC in an SEC state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom