Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

Some BC fans think Brown is the only thing that can save their offense. Getting an official, even if he doesn't flip, would be pretty funny.

Some BC fans think Brown is the only thing that can save their offense. Getting an official, even if he doesn't flip, would be pretty funny.
Skowt has something about him today (subscription content so not going to give away much) but...suddenly I don't think it'd be impossible to flip him, based on that.

Skowt has something about him today (subscription content so not going to give away much) but...suddenly I don't think it'd be impossible to flip him, based on that.

He is an early enrollee isnt he? So there is a short time to get a lot done. And would most certainly make me question L. Scott as a possibility if he were to flip. IMO

If you're a top skill position player from the NE and you're currently committed to a disaster of an offense like BC - how do you not have second (and third, and fourth) thoughts about switching to SU if given the opportunity?

Addazzio should be very afraid right now...

We only have 1 QB who can run this system if healthy, that's Eric. Mahoney can't throw, and Wilson can't run, so they probably bring in 3 guys who fit the system, the 2 we have committed, and 1 more.

We only have 1 QB who can run this system if healthy, that's Eric. Mahoney can't throw, and Wilson can't run, so they probably bring in 3 guys who fit the system, the 2 we have committed, and 1 more.

I do feel pretty badly for Mahoney. I think he did enough to get a look if he wants to somewhere.

I do feel pretty badly for Mahoney. I think he did enough to get a look if he wants to somewhere.

Agreed. If I'm Mahoney and SU doesn't offer me a scholarship, I'd take my talents to somewhere that does...or wherever Lester lands.

Mahoney' issue is footwork not arm.. he only worked on it for a few months before the season started and then got forced into a non learning roll too soon.. whose to say he cant fix that issue more before spring practice especially with a new system coming on board. even lester said how much he improved over last year.

Mahoney' issue is footwork not arm.. he only worked on it for a few months before the season started and then got forced into a non learning roll too soon.. whose to say he cant fix that issue more before spring practice especially with a new system coming on board. even lester said how much he improved over last year.
Well, his issue isn't "arm" if you're talking about strength. But accuracy is a major issue. He's got very little accuracy/touch. Obviously some of that stems from footwork, of course.

Bowling Green QB isn't exactly dual threat. QB needs to have some arm strength and accuracy. I don't think being dual threat is a must? Am I wrong here?

That said the kid from Louisiana looks to be able to sling it

RG3 ran for 2200 yards in his career at Baylor. I think this offense would prefer a QB who can run but it’s not a pre-req. Naturally the read option adds another wrinkle that a defense has to defend.

How QB plays out for this class is going to be very interesting. I'd say the only given right now is Rex Culpepper based on communication and visits scheduled.

It will be interesting if Brown decides to take an official this weekend. If he doesn't, well, obviously he's not going to flip.

It will be interesting if Brown decides to take an official this weekend. If he doesn't, well, obviously he's not going to flip.
Do we think they have enough QB's? I feel like Culpepper coming in and so is Scott, then you still have Dungey, Mahoney, and potentially Wilson if he doesn't transfer then you add Brown, that seems like a lot of Scholly's to use on QB's. Mahoney probably won't be put on scholly though.

Do we think they have enough QB's? I feel like Culpepper coming in and so is Scott, then you still have Dungey, Mahoney, and potentially Wilson if he doesn't transfer then you add Brown, that seems like a lot of Scholly's to use on QB's. Mahoney probably won't be put on scholly though.
You said it - Mahoney likely won't be on scholarship now, and along with that, Dungey has health concerns. Culpepper is coming off an ACL injury, and there's a chance Wilson could just transfer. That leaves us very thin, potentially. I'm fully in favor of bringing in another QB.

You said it - Mahoney likely won't be on scholarship now, and along with that, Dungey has health concerns. Culpepper is coming off an ACL injury, and there's a chance Wilson could just transfer. That leaves us very thin, potentially. I'm fully in favor of bringing in another QB.

Think about it, Wilson is our only returning scholarship player who is 100% cleared right now. And that's a player that was only 3rd string because AJ Long was DQ'ed.

QB HAS to be a priority this cycle. I honestly think it's necessary to take 3 this cycle. Even if Dungey is healthy, we've only got one guy who is capable on the roster (him) that can run this offense IMO.

I'm not an x's and o's guy by any stretch. But what I've read on air raid says you need a solid QB who can do a little of everything.

IthacaBarrel said:
Bowling Green QB isn't exactly dual threat. QB needs to have some arm strength and accuracy. I don't think being dual threat is a must? Am I wrong here? That said the kid from Louisiana looks to be able to sling it
I'd want closer to a PP then DT. I'd say 75%/25% PP:DT. Thought guys like Petty, Russell, Stidham, and Bortles were perfect for that offense as they could be a ground threat, but mostly were going to hurt you through the air.
True DT's will work, but they have to have an arm. Current guys like Mayfield, and Mahomes work just as good, but they obviously have a cannon too. I actually think Scott could be similar to Mayfield in terms of stature and physical traits.

I worry a bit on how Dungey will fit into this offense since he's a little more run first, and hasn't displayed the greatest accuracy.

I'm hopeful that we'll hear something in the next day or so that the staff has been in contact with Scott and him reaffirming his commitment. He's a great talent that I hope the new staff values.

I'm hopeful that we'll hear something in the next day or so that the staff has been in contact with Scott and him reaffirming his commitment. He's a great talent that I hope the new staff values.

Me too...I understand that Scott is undersized but he seems to have all the tools need for HCDB system...smart, accurate, athletic, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom